Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Re: Sen. John McCain picks Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate on GOP ticket

^^ lets not forget she also is a conservative and as far as experience goes she tops Nobama on that issue too.

Re: Sen. John McCain picks Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate on GOP ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz View Post
    Ya mentioning the fact that mccain picked her because she's a women is being sexist
    That's just how us bitter... mean.. bible thumping.. gun clinging.. ordinary white folks.. think CW.

Oh.. did we mention Nobama has a funny name and is black? Oh wait.. no we did not. Nobama himself did that.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Wiz... here's a feedbag for ya... http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...395/220/578471

A snippet:
    Why? Because Sarah Palin is the most unqualified VP nominee in modern history, with the possible exception of Admiral Stockdale.

She's worse than Quayle.

Perfection... get the left wing loons to talk about the lack of qualifications... priceless.

Ya mentioning the fact that mccain picked her because she's a women is being sexist
    Are you positive that's the only reason?

I think that may have been a poke at the notion that any other criticism of Obama is racist..

At least I took it as that and was laughing out loud. I was LOLing!! LOLZ.
    Nuke em'.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Of course he is... don't you ever stop by Huffpo.. Kos or the DU?? Geez.. get with it already Tuck.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

By the way she’s been to Iraq and she didn’t need an army of 300-400 MSM reporters, anchormen and dip $hits like Andrea Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Of course he is... don't you ever stop by Huffpo.. Kos or the DU?? Geez.. get with it already Tuck.
    I know but us old folks are kind of slow sometimes.

For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am Proud Of My Country! :~P
    -TMack

"Forgive everyone for everything"

I am sorry but that is obviously the only reason...
    Is she more qualified the Romney or any other (and I mean any other) republican Politian.

I guess McSame wants to drop the experience argument because it wasn’t working but I understand the reason for picking a woman, but this one? There are more qualified republican women out there right?

Oops I said "more qualified" I meant to say "even remotely close to being qualified"

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

Of course. Little known governor with barely any experience. it would have been a horrible choice if it weren't for the fact that she was a women

Here's what the guy at electoralvote has to say

Update: John McCain fooled everyone and chose Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) as his running mate. People had talked about her but not many people took her seriously. She comes with an unusual mix of characteristics. First, she's a woman. Second, she's a woman. Third, she's a woman. McCain is betting the farm that the female Democratic PUMA voters who said they would vote for McCain will now really do it. The (unspoken) reasoning, of course, is either McCain is old and has had cancer four times and might die in office, leaving us with a woman President or in 2012 or 2016 she can run for the office on her own. It is likely that the working-class male supporters of Clinton, especially those in the rust belt will think she's a hot chick (especially when she demonstrates her motorcycle skills) but whether they will vote for her is something else again. She is a very devout Christian with five children, the youngest of whom has Down's syndrome. She is very strongly against abortion. This pick allows him to say to the Base: "You had doubts about me. Look who I picked." It will give him enormous credibility with the evangelicals. In that respect it was a brilliant choice

However, the conventional wisdom dismissed her for a variety of reasons that are still true. First, some reporter is going to ask him: "Of the hundreds of governors, senators, congressmen, and business leaders available to you, do you really think that a 44-year old person who has two years' experience as governor of a thinly populated state is the best person in the country to be President of the United States after yourself?" After all, she knows nothing of foreign policy and not even that much about domestic policy except that drilling for oil is a good thing.

Second, picking her destroys McCain's strongest argument against Obama: he has no experience. Little as he has (8 years in the Illinois state senate and 3 years in the U.S. Senate) it is more than she has (4 years as mayor of Wasilla, a town of 5,000, and 2 years as governor). How is he going to argue that she is qualified to be President and Obama isn't. He can say experience doesn't matter (and a case can be made that it doesn't) but there goes his whole argument against Obama--lack of experience.

Third, like many Alaska politicians these days, Palin is involved in an ethics scandal. Her sister was married to a state trooper named Mike Wooten. The two of them got divorced and were involved in a bitter child custody battle. Sarah wanted to help her sister so she asked the state commissioner of public safety, Walt Monegan, to fire Wooten. He refused, so she fired him. He protested so loudly that the Republican-controlled state legislature appointed a retired prosecutor, Steve Branchflower, to investigate whether she abused her power as governor. Needless to say, Monegan is about to get a small army of reporters camped on his doorstep. It seems very strange indeed that McCain wants to be associated with someone under investigation for an ethics violation. The Democrats are going to say: "More of the same." Time will tell how this will play out. One can already envision the Vice Presidential TV debate featuring the long-time member and now chairman of the Senate foreign relations committee facing someone has has been governor for 2 years. Romney or Ridge could have held their own against Biden, but Palin is going to have a tough time..
    Last edited by Computerwiz; 08-29-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Soooo... how long before the MSM starts fawning the equally historic possibility of the first woman VP? Dang.. I momentarily forgot the MSM (R)ules. In short... don't hold your breath.

-The Gipper

Of course. Little known governor with barely any experience. it would have been a horrible choice if it weren't for the fact that she was a women
    But a short term (Did I mention he's black?) Senator with absolutely no experience is okey~dokey.

-The Gipper

what does him being black have to do with him actually winning over voters and securing the nomination for his party. he wasn't nominated because he was black. Gov. Palin was PICKED because she was a women and it's really hard to prove otherwise

^^^ She has an approval rating of 80% as the governor of Alaska. You'll have to dig hard to find a governor that can match that.

Questioning her qualifications is a gem... because it draws a direct and straight line parallel to... Obama's qualifications, or rather, the lack thereof.