Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: ACORN filing false voter registration info.. again..

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    This is not the ACORN I knew in the primaries..
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AMDScooter
    This is not the ACORN I knew in the primaries..

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win XP Pro SP3 / MEPIS 8.0.15 / MEPIS 11

But... but.. DIEBOLD!!!

McCain Campaign Calls for Investigation of ACORN-Obama Ties

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. -- Sen. John McCain on Friday accused his rival of being connected to a group it said was conducting voter fraud, calling for federal investigations and media inquiries into the progressive group ACORN and its ties to Sen. Barack Obama.

In a conference call with reporters, McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said he is worried the election is being "stolen" in several battleground states where irregularities have been discovered in voter registrations collected by ACORN, the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now .

"We don't think the election is something that should be stolen from the American electorate," Davis said, calling on Obama to join him in calling for the inquiries.

"ACORN is an organization that has violated the law on a repeated basis," Davis said. "Barack Obama has given $832,000 within the last year to an organization that is a front group for ACORN."

The campaign put its accusations into a 90-second Web ad titled "ACORN," in which an announcer declares Obama "a man with a political baptism performed at warp speed" who has "vast ambition."

The ad accuses ACORN of "bullying banks, intimidation tactics" and "disruption of business." It says ACORN stands accused of "massive voter fraud" and says that "Obama's ties to ACORN run long and deep. He taught classes for ACORN. They even endorsed him for President."

Obama-Biden spokesman Tommy Vietor dismissed the charges.

"Today's conference call was another effort by the McCain campaign to throw out false charges to 'turn the page' from the issues that matter to American families. Barack Obama strongly condemns voter registration fraud or any other breach of election law by any party or group," Vietor said. "The McCain campaign's allegations about Sen. Obama are completely transparent and false. He believes that the registration of voters at record levels is good for our democracy, and the McCain-Palin campaign's false claims are nothing more than another dishonorable, shameful attempt to divert voters' attention from the unprecedented challenges facing their families and our nation."

The voter registration group has come under increased scrutiny since its offices in Nevada were raided Tuesday morning.

Agents with the Nevada Secretary of State and Attorney General's office raided their Clark County headquarters, alleging that ACORN had hired felons to collect signatures and had submitted about 300 apparently fraudulent registration cards.

In the conference call, Davis questioned why the media has not examined more closely the relationship between ACORN and Obama's campaign.

He alleged that Obama's campaign had paid $832,000 to a group called Citizens Services, Inc., which Davis labeled "a front organization" for ACORN. He accused Obama's campaign of initially trying to hide its payments to the group by labeling the payment "events services" in their disclosure forms.

"There was an effort to hide the fact" that the money went to ACORN, Davis alleged.

"I think we've clearly established that what Barack Obama says about his relationship with ACORN over 20 years of activity, and even most recently ... is somehow different than what he's trying to lead the public to believe."
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^^ Let the scrubbing of websites begin...

Change You Can Believe In

Note the change to the second item.

Obama's "Fact Checking" itself needs fact checking, it seems.

See what they did there? Obama either trained ACORN pro bono (which strikes me as worse -- he was doing it out of love, not money) or as an independent contractor.

So the now say he did not train them... as an employee.

What a dirty rotten .
    More hope-n-change.....

-The Gipper

Here's how I understand it:

ACORN made a HUGE MISTAKE by paying people per registration form they submitted. Hence the John Q. Public and Mickey Mouse forms that shows up. Someone dropped the ball on that bigtime. It opens up the door for massive corruption. From what I understand now, they pay people by the hour.

The registration forms still have to be verified by the respective directors of elections.

Then the people have to actually show up and vote.

So how exactly would all of the false voter registration forms make a difference in the election if they are properly checked?

I can understand the outrage but fail to see what the overall effect would be on election day.

I think there is a case for investigating ACORN for RICO violations, but it's too late. Do the math. In January Dem President + Dem Congress = cover up/no investigation
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win XP Pro SP3 / MEPIS 8.0.15 / MEPIS 11

I'm under the impression that all registrations are being checked. That means no impact to the popular vote.

Speaking of the popular vote, I found the conclusion to this peice not only inflamatory, but humorous.

I seem to remember a recent election where a candidate lost the popular vote, but won the election because it is the electoral vote that selects the winner.

If next month's election is one-sided, the potentially explosive issue of voter fraud may recede once again--until the next election, anyway. But even if the Presidential race isn't close, some races will be. And given the massive voter registration fraud that has been carried out on behalf of the Democratic Party, it will likely be impossible to tell whether that fraud influenced the composition of the House, the Senate, or the governorships in one or more states. If the Presidential election does turn out to be a cliffhanger, the potential consequences are even worse. In that event, and if Obama wins, there is a real possibility that many millions of Americans will view him as an illegitimate President who was installed in the White House through fraud. That's a risk, though, that the Obama campaign is evidently willing to take.
    So the above is meaningless on two counts. Jesus, if the writer isn't happy about his candidate's standing, making things up may make him feel better, but to me he's an idiot with that close.

I've yet to have someone explain to me how Mickey Mouse and John Q Public are going to show up on election day and vote. Voter registration fraud is not the same as voting fraud.

I don't condone ACORN's obvious screw-ups here, but I just think the whole deal is being blown out of proportion like the Ayers deal....in this case they are just lining up the excuses for when they lose.

whole deal is being blown out of proportion like the Ayers deal
    having a problem with someone KNOWN to be friendly with a domestic terrorist is blowing it out of proportion now if he had a big (R) next to his name that would make it all different. What was that you said a while back rinse and reapeat till you believe?

My two cents.
    Take ACORN out of the picture.

Let's put in place a federal law that requires each state that wants to participate in a federal election have to have voters that were at least registered at a state agency. Theoretically, at the time of registration, they could be checked out instead of throwing a pile of 5000 registrations on someone's desk all at once and saying "have at it".

A side note.
    Owning a firearm is a right too. How about getting a group of unauthorized citizens together to walk door to door and make sure everyone is registered? I sure would appreciate that as I am tired of having to shake my ass down to the county courthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    having a problem with someone KNOWN to be friendly with a domestic terrorist
    Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Prove it.
    That's been done by his own admission and his close connection to Obama has been as well. A clear example of the latter is the launch of Obama's political career at the home of William Ayers. There are many more examples of proof. You, of course, can choose to overlook the proof and the impact of the facts.

In the meantime, the MSM minions have done a better job of vetting Joe the Plumber in 48 hours than they have of the Ayers/Obama connection in two years.

Its not unlike your lack of concern for ACORN. If those words stood for Association of Christians Organized to Ruin Negroes and they ran a campaign out of evangelical churches to flood registrar offices with phony voter applications and fake mail-in ballots, my guess is your concern would be quite different.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 10-17-2008 at 11:04 AM.