Talking Another project that is good for a little extra credit.

I started running Freehal today to check it out. I started attaching some of my older machines about 12 hours ago. Running on 6 older single core machines, it generated over 8000 credits. It is supposed to be a noncpuintensive project. This means the it runs a WU for a few seconds (about 150) and then finishes while running in the background allowing other projects to continue to run. Three machines crashed because they did not have enough ram. I would not recommend trying anything under 1gb. This is very much an alpha project with all the usual problems but you just might want to give it a try.

Re: Another project that is good for a little extra credit.

Do we have a team yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    Do we have a team yet?
    I've requested one.

The team is set up now.

Looks like credit has been reset. I've still got 1600+ though after crunching a total of 26 work units. Alpha for sure!

Yeah, they chopped the credit. I came to work this morning and my router was locked up, did a reset and all is well. Also had a couple of older computers that were overlaoded with work running in the background. I reset the resource share to 10% and every thing seems to be running OK. I've still got 1 system trying to upload 298 results and the server seems to only work sometimes.

I'm not sure this project was such a good idea. The bad news is that they reset credit again today and set everyone to 0. The good news is that since the reset, our team is in 3rd place.

Well guys, I've pulled the plug on this one. After the last reset I got 368 credits for 3 days work.