Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: The Obama Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    So where are all the "hope-n-changers"? Seems like now that their savior is surrounding himself with some familiar faces... they've all gone into hiding.
    I’ve noticed the absence of the most hardcore Obama groupies too. It could be they’ve figured out all of his campaign promises are going up in smoke. “Mister Change” and “together we can do it” suddenly turned into a politician just like all of the other politicians.

They were forewarned 1000s of times… tisk… tisk…
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    I’ve noticed the absence of the most hardcore Obama groupies too.
    Are you talking about me?
    lol, there is not really anything to talk about. The Change we were seeking was the change from GWB. As long as he doesn’t pick a bunch of Bush' people/Republicans/lobbyists. Gives me a tax cut instead of the greedy rich, moves towards energy independence. Makes an effort to find/kill the person responsible for 9/11. That is the change I was looking for. I don’t know what you guys were thinking but I seriously have nothing to discuss until Jan 20 2009.

Besides I just got back from Europe and the Middle east, I had a blast.
    Last edited by tjdehya; 11-18-2008 at 10:55 PM.

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

Quote Originally Posted by tjdehya View Post
    Are you talking about me?
    lol, there is not really anything to talk about. The Change we were seeking was the change from GWB. As long as he doesn’t pick a bunch of Bush' people/Republicans/lobbyists. Gives me a tax cut instead of the greedy rich, moves towards energy independence. Makes an effort to find/kill the person responsible for 9/11. That is the change I was looking for. I don’t know what you guys were thinking but I seriously have nothing to discuss until Jan 20 2009.

Besides I just got back from Europe and the Middle east, I had a blast.
    Oh, I see.

If you’re in the middle class category don’t be expecting that tax cut soon. With the economy the way it is and Pelosi, Reid, Barney Frank and moveon the way they are I‘d be expecting a tax hike of rather large proportions.

Do you mean energy independence like in already blackballing the coal industry and taking offshore drilling off of the table again? Changes like putting all of the energy eggs in solar, wind power and the electric easter basket?

Pssssst… If you think your utility bills are high now just hang around a few months.

Chasing Osama bin Laden is like chasing a ghost all you’re going to end up with is a handful of smoke. The only way that guy is going down is with a lot of luck and a hellfire missile or a smart bomb.

Yep, you’re right no Bushy cronies but plenty of Clinton’s old killer crew.

Heh, I wonder if Obama is going to bring the red dress out of retirement?

In case you haven’t noticed Obama is already reneging on some of his most flagrant promises. No need to wait for 01/20/09.

I can’t wait until the day you jump ship. I’ll be smilin’ like one of 3dfxrain's
    cats.
    Last edited by tucker; 11-18-2008 at 11:54 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

So where are all the "hope-n-changers"? Seems like now that their savior is surrounding himself with some familiar faces... they've all gone into hiding.
    Aw come on Scooter, you know that Jesus really only comes along once every 2000 years or so....his apostles are always gonna be f%^k-ups

So far only 2 "O" supporters have chimed in. tjdehya seems to think "O" is going to keep promises that he has essentially already broken. BD seems to have no comment at all about any of the merry band of recycled "f%^k-ups" the one is filling his cabinet with.

Odd. Is it just me or does it appear strange to anyone else that those bamma supporters who have been praying at the gold cow for months now are completely mum about being sold a bill of goods labeled "hope-n-change" that turned out to be "same sh*t.. different day"?

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^ Do you remember the "it ain't nothin'" retorts about Clinton? Expect more of the same.

Apparently the pardons don't matter. So what possibly could?

I mean, come on, we're told its the second coming of Abe Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Do you remember the "it ain't nothin'" retorts about Clinton? Expect more of the same.

Apparently the pardons don't matter. So what possibly could?

I mean, come on, we're told its the second coming of Abe Lincoln.
    My prediction... the hangover from the one's coronation is gonna outlast whatever promises he has not yet pulled a 180 on.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Hes not president yet, what should I expect? I never said it was gonna be the 2nd coming.

Quote Originally Posted by fatlazyhomer View Post
    Hes not president yet, what should I expect?
    An empty wallet and a government furnished blue jump suit (Obama logo free of charge) to wear while doing your obligatory community service.

Did I mention that you'll get extra time to pay for your student loan to go along with your homogenized, everyone's got one, bachelor's degree (soon to be renamed the "O" degree).

Gads, I feel bad for you young folk.

^^^ Expectations seem to be somewhat lower (and dropping by the millisecond) than the rhetoric from just a few weeks ago.

-The Gipper

^^^ Expectations seem to be somewhat lower (and dropping by the millisecond) than the rhetoric from just a few weeks ago.

I don't know how fair a lot of this is to say. I don't think either republocrat expected the economic situation to turn this sour in 3 short months. I think everyone's expectations has to change...including ours.

I think Obama is like the rest of us, trying to figure out how best to turn this around. And I think he is just waking up to the fact that it will take a Golden Age to get us to wrap our minds around some key pieces of his agenda.

I could be wrong, but I'm no so convinced that it's a change of basic agenda right now as it is a change of priorities to accomplish it. With that, maybe some wisdom can settle in.

New lines on the 1040EZ tax form for 2009:

Jump suit size, check one:
    small ____
    medium ____
    large ____
    extra large ____

Hat size, check one:
    small ____
    medium ____
    large ____
    extra large ____

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    ...maybe some wisdom can settle in.
    From the likes of Obama, Pelosi and Reid?

I think hope is more likely than wisdom and change is more likely than progress.

I don't know how fair a lot of this is to say. I don't think either republocrat expected the economic situation to turn this sour in 3 short months. I think everyone's expectations has to change...including ours.
    I'm simply not seeing how a guy with the most partisan voting record is going to bring about any of that "change" with the group of usual suspects he is filling his cabinet with.

I think Obama is like the rest of us, trying to figure out how best to turn this around. And I think he is just waking up to the fact that it will take a Golden Age to get us to wrap our minds around some key pieces of his agenda.

I could be wrong, but I'm no so convinced that it's a change of basic agenda right now as it is a change of priorities to accomplish it. With that, maybe some wisdom can settle in.
    My take is he is grossly under qualified for the position... as in "does not have a clue". Which IMHO explains why he is recruiting so many ex-Clinton staffers. He does not have an agenda any more as he is now the prez-elect. Anyone who objectively looks at his entire career & the sheer number of positions he has abandoned from the primaries to the general can easily say his only "agenda" was to get elected. He made promises of wide and sweeping “change” with no clue as to how he was going to enact said “changes”. It helped that no one asked these questions of him either. Thanks MSM. Simply repeating the “hope-n-change” mantra does not = wisdom.

-The Gipper

Hillary Clinton wavers over Barack Obama job as Bill's finances are investigated

Tom Baldwin and Tim Reid in Washington

Hillary Clinton is hesitating over the chance to become Secretary of State while Barack Obama prises open some of the closely guarded secrets surrounding her husband’s foreign financial dealings

Mr Obama’s offer to make Mrs Clinton his top diplomat has become clouded by mystery and mixed signals that threaten to overshadow his transition to the White House. Some sources close to her say that she remains keen to take the job. Others are indicating she is reluctant to give up her career as an elected politician with an independent voice.
    Oh come on Hillary, say "yes" - It'll be just like old times.

BTW good idea sending yet another woman to sort out the Middle East. Yeah, they really value a woman's opinion over there.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5193666.ece