Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 378
  1. #46
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

  2. #47
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Crazy AZ USA
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Keep in mind that ATM, Napolitano is not an official selection. Daschle is.

    I see Obama reintroducing the Immigration Reform bill (basically Bush's 2007 bill) and getting it passed (then take credit for doing something Bush could not). The choice of Napolitano would be pretty curious.

    While we STILL need to get this bill passed, the "Done Nothing" policy of our previous congresses, really make the bill "putting a guard at the gate after the horse has left the stable". I can only guess that they were f*king off with prissy political images and being bought off by immigration slavery interests. Al Qaeda could have infiltrated battalions through our Southern border. Fortunately, they are not so well heeled and trained, but God only knows what may have already snuck through. 9/11 only took less than a platoon with a comparatively shoestring budget.

    At any rate, I will guarantee you that putting Napolitano as HLS chief won't fix the problem and I can't say how erudite she'll be in dealing with other vectors of attack. They need to get that dam bill through ASAP.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 11-20-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Sorry- Pritzker has not accepted yet.

  3. #48
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,657

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    They’re not worried about security they’re more interested in amnesty at any cost. Bush’s immigration reform bill sucked in 2007 and it still sucks today.


    They need to get rid of that word “reform” and enforce the damned laws that are already on the books. They need a “border security bill” period.
    Last edited by tucker; 11-20-2008 at 01:40 PM.

  4. #49
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Crazy AZ USA
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    They’re not worried about security they’re more interested in amnesty at any cost. Bush’s immigration reform bill sucked in 2007 and it still sucks today.
    I think this discussion is worthy of another thread (if one doesn't already do the job). However, not granting amnesty is senseless and plays right into the hands of those profitting from illegal labor.

    We need to get our borders secured and account for who the h*ll is in our country right now. Rounding up millions of illegal aliens and deporting them is simply not possible, no one has done it and no one will. Amnesty would at least have ex-illegals step forward and be legally ID'd.

    To do nothing is to invite tragedy. Moreover, I think it's too late. We can only hope to stop the attack after the next. 9/11 was a plan that took time to develope. Despite its obvious tragedy, as a military mind, I think it was brilliantly conceived- doing massive damage at minimal cost. Such cleverness would be foolish to underestimate- especially when you consider that we continue to leave ourselves wide open for sucker punches because of political stupidity like this.

    Bush's solution is the only one that makes sense to me, and no one else has even got warm to a more reasonable solution.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 11-20-2008 at 01:49 PM.

  5. #50
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,455

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    They can pass all the bills imaginable about securing borders and enforcing laws, but it won't mean diddley-doo-squat.

    They passed the border fence thing. Great fence, eh?

  6. #51
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    13,825

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    I think this discussion is worthy of another thread (if one doesn't already do the job). However, not granting amnesty is senseless and plays right into the hands of those profitting from illegal labor.

    We need to get our borders secured and account for who the h*ll is in our country right now. Rounding up millions of illegal aliens and deporting them is simply not possible, no one has done it and no one will. Amnesty would at least have ex-illegals step forward and be legally ID'd.

    To do nothing is to invite tragedy. Moreover, I think it's too late. We can only hope to stop the attack after the next. 9/11 was a plan that took time to develope. Despite its obvious tragedy, as a military mind, I think it was brilliantly conceived- doing massive damage at minimal cost. Such cleverness would be foolish to underestimate- especially when you consider that we continue to leave ourselves wide open for sucker punches because of political stupidity like this.

    Bush's solution is the only one that makes sense to me, and no one else has even got warm to a more reasonable solution.
    Lol, what makes you think people who are in this country illegally will step up to be ID'd? They won't. Of course all this might be moot anyway with the economy going the way it is. I've read reports that state illegals are heading back to Mexico now because of lack of work. I wonder if there is really any truth to this at all though.

  7. #52
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,657

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    I think this discussion is worthy of another thread (if one doesn't already do the job). However, not granting amnesty is senseless and plays right into the hands of those profitting from illegal labor.

    We need to get our borders secured and account for who the h*ll is in our country right now. Rounding up millions of illegal aliens and deporting them is simply not possible, no one has done it and no one will. Amnesty would at least have ex-illegals step forward and be legally ID'd.

    To do nothing is to invite tragedy. Moreover, I think it's too late. We can only hope to stop the attack after the next. 9/11 was a plan that took time to develope. Despite its obvious tragedy, as a military mind, I think it was brilliantly conceived- doing massive damage at minimal cost. Such cleverness would be foolish to underestimate- especially when you consider that we continue to leave ourselves wide open for sucker punches because of political stupidity like this.

    Bush's solution is the only one that makes sense to me, and no one else has even got warm to a more reasonable solution.
    Enforcement is the key.

    Start levying heavy fines on employers, get rid of sanctuary cities, no more government assistance, when caught deport no matter what. The state of Arizona is starting to handle the situation the way it should be handled.

    The down turn in the economy might have a bright side. That being illegals finding their way back to where they came from.

    If there are no jobs they will leave.



    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...al+immigration


    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...al+immigration

  8. #53
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,657

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    They can pass all the bills imaginable about securing borders and enforcing laws, but it won't mean diddley-doo-squat.

    They passed the border fence thing. Great fence, eh?
    IMHO, the government didnít design the fence to work they wanted it to be a failure.

    Wasnít you that designed a fool proof of fence with motes, machine gun towers and stuff?

  9. #54
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Yup.. enforcement works.

    1) Secure the border. Anyone says the most powerful country in the world cannot secure it's own borders is full of sh*t. Hire an Israeli country.. they know how to secure a border.

    2) Fine the hell out of employers caught knowingly employing illegals... 3 strike rule. Get caught 3 times.. we take your business license away.

    3) Sanctuary cities. Wanna make your own rules? Fine, do so without any federal aid.

    4) Remove all loopholes that allow illegals to use our social services.


    No need to go door to door as the liberals continually imply. When the illegals whom came here for work find there is none.. and there are no longer "freebie" programs for them.. they will find the way to the door all by themselves. Which is exactly what has happened in the states that are now enforcing the laws on the books already.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  10. #55
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    IMHO, the government didnít design the fence to work they wanted it to be a failure.

    Wasnít you that designed a fool proof of fence with motes, machine gun towers and stuff?
    ^^^ Fences DO WORK.....

    Israelís Security Fence



    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  11. #56
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,455

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    IMHO, the government didnít design the fence to work they wanted it to be a failure.

    Wasnít you that designed a fool proof of fence with motes, machine gun towers and stuff?
    Aye on the failure thing. And that was my point about bills being puking worthless half the time... more often than not, they're just vehicles for politicians to garner favors or extract more moolah. The times anything of practical substance is actually accomplished through bill writing are getting rare.

    And yeah... I seem to remember some simple solutions offered up in an old thread.

  12. #57
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Crazy AZ USA
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Just as importantly is getting control of who comes in and out of the country. Those without legal ID inside our borders merit further investigation.

    You can get by any defense with the right training and gear. But the tougher the objective, the more logistics and training are required. Outfits like Al Qaeda would have to work accordingly. I'll deliberately limit myself in this discussion, but I can say that such measures make it much easier to find them.

  13. #58
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,455

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    Just as importantly is getting control of who comes in and out of the country. Those without legal ID inside our borders merit further investigation.

    You can get by any defense with the right training and gear. But the tougher the objective, the more logistics and training are required. Outfits like Al Qaeda would have to work accordingly. I'll deliberately limit myself in this discussion, but I can say that such measures make it much easier to find them.
    Any idea of "control" of who's in this country is an illusion, at best.

    Case in point: Obama's Aunt. Nothing against her or or him, but if ya can't even find the aunt of a presidential candidate who's living here illegally, in plain sight, ya can't take any idea of "control" with any seriousness.

  14. #59
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Crazy AZ USA
    Posts
    3,516

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Any idea of "control" of who's in this country is an illusion, at best.

    Case in point: Obama's Aunt. Nothing against her or or him, but if ya can't even find the aunt of a presidential candidate who's living here illegally, in plain sight, ya can't take any idea of "control" with any seriousness.
    I simply view that as another excuse to do nothing.

  15. #60
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,455

    Re: The Obama Cabinet

    ^^^ That wasn't intended at all. More of an expression of frustration with the pontificators acting like something is being done when in truth, very little is, than anything else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •