Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Wishing UB a quick and sucessful recovery

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    Thanks guys, Yeah I ain't supposed to be sitting at a computer chair for over 5 minutes at a time....spelling and narcotics don't blend too well either!
    For some reason Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas comes to mind!!

Best of luck to you on your recovery UB!
    i7 Beast: Asus P6T Deluxe, Intel i7 920 21x191 (4000) HT on 1.3875v, Swiftech GTZ/D5/BIX2
    6GB (3x2GB) G.Skill pi Black DDR3 1600, ECS 9600GT
    CM STACKER 810, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750

i7 Game: Asus P6T, Intel i7 920 20x180 (3600) HT on 1.275v, TRU-120
    6GB (3x2GB) G.Skill DDR3 1333 7-7-7-18, MSI GTX260 OCv2, Dell 3007WFP LCD
    CM STACKER 830, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750

AMD: Biostar 790GX A2+, PII X4 940BE 17x200, Freezer 64 Pro
    4GB (4x1GB) Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800, Powercolor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Thanks guys, bout all I can get typed out right now!!!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

No problem UB, Right now You just get better, follow Doctors and Wifes orders and be good.

Rest up freind. Not much happening around here lately, anyways.

Keep hanging in there buddy... I can not imagine how uncomfortable you are right now, but I'm sure in a few weeks you'll be dang glad you went through this.

Thoughts and prayers still... be safe and take er easy.
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

UB I can imagine what the Back pain was like(or similar to) My leg when It was broken, It was so painful that without any help I could barely stay out of shock and I don't want pain like that ever again, Never.

So keep on Trucking, You'll come out the other side of the mountain before You know It as that Tunnel isn't endless.

Get well UB. I have been away from the forums for over a week and see I missed the whole thing. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Like everyone else has already suggested, listen to the doctors and your better half - the doctors cuz they know what they're talking about and your wife cuz even hopped up on meds we know obeying is better than dealing with the consequences after the fact!

Scott

Team Swordfish

Thanks everybody. I appreciate your kind thoughts, energy and prayers. Hey, if you just refrained from sticking pins in the UB voodoo doll for a few days, that helped too!

Seriously, it is getting better. My discs were, according to the doctor, severely to extremely degenerated. That didn't happen overnight. The recovery won't either. I am getting around much better. Getting out of bed or from many chairs requires extreme effort and makes my wife look at me funny (she was a Catholic girl!) However my constant pain level is down to a 5 and has hit 4.5 on several occasions. By this day at 14:00 hrs I will be off of all narcotic meds and I so much look forward to that. What there was of my mind is returning. Man, I used to come in here to my office and stare at PCPer.com and have almost no freakin idea what to do, then forget what it was I was trying to do. Very frustrating. I do not like narcotics one bit, but I needed every mg I took to help my body sleep, rest, and heal.

I still can't ride in a car till Dec 22nd, so that's an excercise in patience I didn't want! I'll be around more and try desperately to find about how you guys are doing. God, all of my friends in here and the many friends local have all taken care of me!!

God Bless!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Good to hear from yah UB. Miss you buddy.

Hey, if you just refrained from sticking pins in the UB voodoo doll for a few days,
    But that's ACUPUNCTURE. It's supposed to help you feel better.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Glad to hear you're improving. Maybe the acupuncture is working after all.

OK UB. Time to get over the Meds. You need to get back in shape or these two won't be waiting for you anymore.

^^^^ I`m liking the direction of this thread.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by AMD_is_logical View Post
    But that's ACUPUNCTURE. It's supposed to help you feel better.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Glad to hear you're improving. Maybe the acupuncture is working after all.
    Um... I've just been told that we're only supposed to stick those pins in ONCE.

Oops. Sorry, UB!

Good news: I am cleared to ride in a car on Monday providing it's a short drive (25 miles one way by freeway was OK) and I wear my back brace. What a relief. I miss visiting friends and my regular meetings.

Bad news, I went off meds too soon, I went back on a patch, a very mild continuous dose that helps pain. I feel pretty clear headed. That's a blessing.

I'm really taking it easier, very limited time online except to pay bills and look in at this thread. You guys are the best!

Spoiler!

Good to see that things are progressing for you UB.