Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Wishing UB a quick and sucessful recovery

Short update. Sorry, but typing seems to be almost completely beyond me. It took me 15 minutes to write this

I've had some setbacks. recovery is never linear. I'm not sleeping well, my mind is working me over and the pain has been unbearable. I try to read threads in here and I feel dumber than a sack of hammers! I almost took a header off the stairs going into the garage, it scared the crap out of me. Only 2 steps and no other steps are short enough and no handrail anywhere. Ya know what: The boys at work made me a skookum handrail out of aircraft aluminum and came out last night and put it, much safer. At least I can wander outside from the garage...cabin fever is alive and well. I can't get off meds yet. It's about as tough as I've had it since I can remember. I appreciate you guys picking up the slack! It may be awhile. Thanks for your support!''

Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Good stuff, Old Man! Do what ya gotta do to get older... that's the definition of a successful man 'nStuff.

Please be extra careful while on meds. They impair both balance and judgement. Taking a "header" could be a major setback.

That handrail might help with balance, but try not to lean on it. It doesn't look very strong with only those center screws.

Just avoid setbacks and recover quickly.

You take it easy now! Maybe we could put up a thing for donations to buy you a new set of wheels. Something like an electric wheelchair. That would give you mobility with out falling down. Oops, I forgot, you're not supposed to operate machinery on meds.

Thanks a bazillion, guys. I'm still amazed at how completely inept I still am. Thank God I ain't trying to drive, I can only imagine the horror of injuring someone else. I take short stumbles walks in the snow, all bundled up like the Michelin Tire Man. But still glad to do what I can to stave off cabin fever.

Crap, normally I'm an on line junkie, now I start drooling then nodding off after 5 minutes at the PC....damn strange. I count on you guys....you're my role models!

Next Monday I get X-Rays and a visit with the surgeon....we'll see what he says!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    Thanks a bazillion, guys. I'm still amazed at how completely inept I still am. Thank God I ain't trying to drive, I can only imagine the horror of injuring someone else. I take short stumbles walks in the snow, all bundled up like the Michelin Tire Man. But still glad to do what I can to stave off cabin fever.

Crap, normally I'm an on line junkie, now I start drooling then nodding off after 5 minutes at the PC....damn strange. I count on you guys....you're my role models!

Next Monday I get X-Rays and a visit with the surgeon....we'll see what he says!
    Murphy, Frankenstein and Jekyll, People or Doctors You'd want to Hyde from.

Good Luck UB.

Oh and have a Merry Christmas too.

While not BOINC, glad I tripped across this as I've been wondering how you're doing. Sorry to hear about the back and wish you the best with a bit more smoother recovery!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

A little something to keep UB motivated until Monday:

I hope you feel a lot better soon UB. Don't let yourself get down over this. If you do, just envision yourself in that Boxster this summer going along a nice twisty back road with the top off.

Here's something cute and funny UB, enjoy.

Wishing you the best UB. I`ll be thinking of you Monday. Let us know how you made out my freind.

Good Luck my friend!!!!

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Good...good. I see UB looking. A good sign!

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

He might be delayed on that Monday appointment... we just got slammed by a Winter Storm. I got a foot of snow and 60mph winds last night, dunno how UB made out, but it was a real storm, not just a quick blow made large by the news stations 'nStuff.

Be safe, UB...the Doc will still be there when the roads are safe again!

Michael

Re: Wishing UB a quick and successful recovery

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Good...good. I see UB looking. A good sign!
    I'm getting a little more confident every day, soon enough I'll be yammering away again. Still damn awful fuzzy. Took a real bad turn 3 days ago and had to go back on all 3 heavy duty pain meds after consulting with doctor. I'm on stuff that makes me think I'm talkin to Jesus, man....and all it really does is dull the pain. If I do any more than that I may as well go check in and just do the Thorazine shuffle.

Dilaudid orally 10 Mg's every 6 hrs

Fentanyl a trans dermal patch that's changed every 72 hours. I like this:
    Fentanyl is one of the most powerful opioid analgesics with a potency approximately 81 times that of morphine.
    Valium 10 mg at night to "help me relax"

Sounds silly, but if you had the history of these other cocktails, you might see why. The Valium actuals helps me sleep. The other stuff would knock out most folks, it just makes me restless, but still dumber than a sack of hammers. It's weird, man. I talk with my MD everyday. I stay in real close tough with lots of folks in the recovery program. On an average day I get over 40 phone calls from guys just checking in. I've sat and wept uncontrollably just in sheer gratitude for all the folks (you guys included) who care so deeply and sincerely for me.

I ain't sleeping much, no more than 3 hours and the pain or bladder, etc. gets me up. Problem is when I get up I am in every sense of the word, drug affected!

I wrote thank you cards to some of the folks (they would show up and spend hours just being with me. A simple small card written on the PC (you'd never read my hand scratching) takes over 45 minutes. I sent out about 40 and just called the rest.

I lurk, but just end up nodding off. I can't read anything......OK,OK enough bitchin fer now!!!

I just wanted to try to let y'all know I'll be back when I'm able. It may look like I vaporized, but really it's just the 2 remaining brain cells that did! I love you guys and this home away from home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    He might be delayed on that Monday appointment... we just got slammed by a Winter Storm. I got a foot of snow and 60mph winds last night, dunno how UB made out, but it was a real storm, not just a quick blow made large by the news stations 'nStuff.

Be safe, UB...the Doc will still be there when the roads are safe again!

Michael
    Yes, it's officially nasty outside. If the doc's office is opened, I have fellas lined up to take me. Crap, I've been out of the house in a vehicle only 2 times since I came home on the 6th...... Cabin Fever is runnin rampant.

One thing I've been able to figure out how to do is watch TV. I've stumbled on a cool show: Chasing Classic Cars . It's about a pretty cool guy, Wayne Carini, who's from in Greenwich, CT. He is a genuine cool dood, never is there anything like the crap that OCC turned into "Soap Opera with a little motorcycle thrown in.

Hey, I'm bushed, this took over an hour to do on notepad....Thanks for caring!! I'll CC this in staff, lot of guys there who may not get in here with this crowd!

Spoiler!