Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Wishing UB a quick and sucessful recovery

Hang in there UB. Just do what you can, when you can without causing any damage. Don't worry too much about the drugs. First you get better then you dump the meds. NOT the other way around.

Merry Christmas UB.

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Hang in there UB. Just do what you can, when you can without causing any damage. Don't worry too much about the drugs. First you get better then you dump the meds. NOT the other way around.
    Yeah, no kidding. The only way I will know if I no longer need the meds is to 'do the dance' periodically, and stop taking them to see if I need them any more. My mind is where addiction lives. Left unattended and given full control it will invariably come up with the answer: "You feel and look like crap. Take twice as many....now!"

Congrats and welcome as our newest Mod! (Can't remember if I'd missed that. By the way, My daughter still uses the DVD player you sent me way back when. Thanks!

Merry Christmas to you and all your family!

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    Merry Christmas UB.
    Merry Christmas to you and all your family!

Hey, you ever get lonely (or loony) Da B's have moved on to Docking @ Home. Don't see much of Jay anymore...
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Good to hear it appears to be "getting together" and as BR said have a safe and Marry Christmas!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Quote Originally Posted by jedihobbit View Post
    Good to hear it appears to be "getting together" and as BR said have a safe and Marry Christmas!
    A Merry Christmas to you and all your family. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

I dunno if she will fit under the tree or not....I think she's my new nurse, though!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Hey UB thanks for the update!

I saw you're Goobily goop you first wrote when trying to write this and was going to ask you to take me there. It sounded better then where I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Hey UB thanks for the update!

I saw you're Goobily goop you first wrote when trying to write this and was going to ask you to take me there. It sounded better then where I was.
    Trust me, it wasn't fit for pubic public constipation consumption! Man, some of the errors I made reminded me of old Norm Crosby!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    A Merry Christmas to you and all your family. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

I dunno if she will fit under the tree or not....I think she's my new nurse, though!

The wife will decide. Have a Merry Christmas anyway!!!

PS a worry yes, but you are aware of the problem and know the correct answer. At this stage better to cut pills in half to experiment instead of cold turkey. Personally I would except some more pain if tolerable. I have an addictive nature and have watched my stepmoms fieght through a similar operation (partially batched), Mersa, then a 2nd (much more successful) but she still hasn't been able to cut back. A year of bedridden and hospital-nursing home drugs took their toll. She is home now and can walk including stairs, so HANG IN THERE buddy!!

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Thanks, GM, sounds like you do understand. Believe me, I do have a pill cuter. I never just cold turkey, I taper incrementally, but thanks!

Spoiler!

Just don't physically cut those pain patches in half. My sister was doing that until her doctor told her that she could overdose!

Patches can not be cut. If they are cut the dose could be either smaller or a lot larger. Not to mention what can happen to the person actually cutting the patch.

Thanks for posting UB. You made my holidays.

Glad to see you still hanging in there UB. Watch out for that new "nurse" of yours though, she may very well put you back in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Just don't physically cut those pain patches in half. My sister was doing that until her doctor told her that she could overdose!

Patches can not be cut. If they are cut the dose could be either smaller or a lot larger. Not to mention what can happen to the person actually cutting the patch.
    Yeah, thanks for that. I had asked and it seems they are made such that they cannot (are not meant to be) tampered with.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    Thanks for posting UB. You made my holidays.
    Threre ya go! Merry Christmas, buddy...Hey, I got pics of my X ray coming...

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Glad to see you still hanging in there UB. Watch out for that new "nurse" of yours though, she may very well put you back in the hospital.
    Thanks..yeah, man I'd do anything to stay out of the hospital!!
    Last edited by UncleBob; 12-23-2008 at 09:15 AM.

Spoiler!

OK let's start with the good news!
    1) All my screws, rods, pedicles, and cages are right where the surgeon left 'em.
    2) It's all healing quite nicely.
    3) No infections whatsoever.
    4) No spare parts either left inside or out side.
    5) No, Virginia, this will not show up on a metal detecor at, for instance, an airport.
    6) I won't miss a paycheck

The not so good news:
    1) When someone tells me "Bob, you're all screwed up!" I have little to stand on.
    2) Scars itch like a sun of a gun while they heal.

The rest of the story:
    1) I will be off work a minimum of 3 months.
    2) I will need to be on the pain meds for 8 weeks That means no driving, operating heavy equipment, etc. It means I'll be/stay dumb as a sack of hammers for 8 weeks!!!
    3) The outside of both my thighs and my whole right foot are completely numb. This may take up to 5 years to go away if it does at all.

Add 'em all up and I'm one lucky sumbucket.

More later. this little bit took 45 minutes to type. Now the pics. I'll add details later, OK? Click on pics to open full size.

Spoiler!

OUCH!......At least you sould be smiling for a while as you'll be floating along!

Take it easy my friend, and hope the time slides by for ya!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3