Almost a year on my Asus Maximus Formula = A+++ sweetness

I have not had a problem with this build for now almost a year. Just thought I would post some good news. There were what seemed like alot of people getting bad boards back then and I am sure some get some now. Well i didnt

One thing that pissed me off after spending all the money was how they screwed up with the supreme fx spidif. it couldnt do spidif or could not send to an external decoder. I cant remember which.

It looks like they corrected the problem with the version 2 setup. If anyone has a maximus 2 and doesnt need the sound card please let me know.

thanks and good luck!

Cool Re: Almost a year on my Asus Maximus Formula = A+++ sweetness

Nice for good news, my P5K Premium has been pretty friggen good too. But the other day I was doing a firmware update on my Asus DWT1814BLT burner (POS) and it went south so its a paperweight now.
    E3-1230v2/H100/P8Z77-LX
    4x4Gb GSkill 1866/R9 290X
    Sandisk ExtremeII 240GB/WD 1TB Black Spinner
    Lian Li Pc-7B plusII /OCZ 600W ModXStream/Z-5500's.[/I]

Re: Almost a year on my Asus Maximus Formula = A+++ sweetness

do that to a samsung and watch the same thing happen, newegg replaced it though.

I have an Asus P5K DW and its been totally awesome. Especially for the fact that Vista from Dell runs on it I also have a Asus Formula SE that I had to RMA and after I find it it was my video card. THey sent me a replacemnt board that was borked so I have to send it back again. I also have a Maximus Extreme thats been OK so far other than 1 major crash that I believe was casued by too much overclock on the mmeory. Time will tell. I really love Abit boards but seems they are not doing much these days.

I have now had 3bad Maximus Formula SE boards. LAst one wouldnt even post. If you dont absolutly have to RMA your board DONT. I was going to RMA my Maximus Extreme but I went and bought new HDDS and ram and have not had any more problems with the board.

Bastards at Asus RMA my Formula SE for the 4 time and sent me a non SE board as a replacement. Now the motherfuggers wont even talk to me. I call them and they promise to return my calls and never do. Last Asus board I ever purchase. I would like to buy the most expensive asus board and fry the and keep doing it till they stop sending replacements.

One thing with these boards that can maybe cause some problems is having the right drivers for the motherboard and the other software installed like the ai suite , pc probe, etc etc all that shit has to be the latest and or at least match a release date of around 10 months ago. Keyword all match each others release. If I can remember aus released these extra software updated all about the same time. So use what is proven to work together. LEAVE NO OLD DRIVER BEHIND.

Also if your running raid 0 like i am make damn sure you get your intel matrix raid controller updated too this should be 7.8.0.1013 at least.

other than that watch your sata connections on the board, you need a large case to give to cables room to come out and move around.

Caution! If the are stressed by a removable harddrive box or something you can get some bitching from the controler about a drive. I had to make some changes for that and it turned out that my sata cable was just being bent on too much and messing with the connection on the board.

Sounds easy right, Oh and I know you paid alot of money for this board but either keep the overclock to a mild range and at a proven settings like I have chosen that was and is proven around the world to work by several owners of this board. Or you can overclock the hell out of it for not much gain and alot of sorrow later.

TWO YEARS Runs like new!!

Quality

Hi

I have been running strong since May 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBK

HI, mine was originally purchased on the 12th Oct 2007, its been my main gaming rig for a while now and I've WC it, OC'd it and I've never had any issues. I've now just passed it onto my partner and its back on air and running sweetly with Win7.

My main rig is now a Asus P7H57D-V Evo, i7 860, G-Skill 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz with 2 HD5770's.
    Nice...
    Chris
    System:
    Asus Maximus Formula SE: Intel Quad Core Q6600 'GO' @ 3.6ghz
    Vista Home Premium X64
    Crucial Ballistix 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 1066MHz
    2x Samsung 320gbs SATA II
    Pioneer DVR-111D DVDRW
    2 x ATI HD4870, Crossfire
    Dell 2407WFP 24" Widescreen LCD: Lian Li A71A case
    Thermaltake Toughpower 850 watt PSU
    PA120-3 Radiator
    D-Tek Fuzion CPU waterblock with quad nozzle
    Swiftech MCRES-Micro Watercooling Resevoir
    Swiftech Laing MCP655 12 VDC Pump

I got an original asus maximus formula and it has worked well till the kids upgraded to i7. It was laying around with a bunch of other parts so i decided to fire it up for myself.... much better than my old skt 939 pc, I have a 8400 quad on it and I am having issues getting this red heat sinked GSkill ddr2-800 @ 1GB (3-3-3-15) running. If I run memtest86 on one stick at a time its fine. If I put 4 sticks in it reads lots of errors. Sounds like I need to dial up the RAM Voltage.....for the life of me I cant figure out how to set that. Nowhere in BIOS do I see anything referring to ram or dimm volts. Yes I know it is not on the MB ram compatibility list.... neither is 75% of the ddr2-800 in the world... asus didn't test and list everything. Any experts out there remember how to do that please?

My asus z77 sabertooth has been going strong since 2012 , this is a person record for me . Have not bought a motherboard in years and really see no reason to upgrade my 3770k . Did upgrade my vid card to a GTX970 but that is it . I will probably buy another Asus when the time comes
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Wow, funny to see notes in here after all these years. My old Maximus is still running strong but not used much with the family it serves. They are mostly a mobile family. The Q6600 go and the maximus are 7 years old now. My P8Z68 gen 3 is now three years old and may get replaced in Jan. The only issue I had with it was some funny but solvable USB behavior. That was supposed to be fixed in bios updates and I think they got it. Power Save stuff can mess with them too. Still a Happy Asus customer. I think both boards were $200- $250. My only buyers remorse is that the Z68 non pro should have come with a couple more Sata ports but they saved that for the pro version. Good Luck!

my p67 sabertooth is running great so far with my i5-3570k overclocked to 4.0ghz....bought a r9-290 video card last year, runs great....my only sadness is that amd cannot seem to introduce some faster cpus.....its been years now with not much going on with the company....i wish some company with a lot of $ would buy them out and give intel some competition
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt