XP 64-Bit:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...4/radeonx-xp64

Vista 32-bit:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...common-vista32

Vista 64-Bit:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...common-vista64

Release Notes:

New Features

This section provides information on new features found in this release of the Radeon™ Display Driver. These include the following:

ATI Stream Computing Support
    ATI Stream Application: ATI AVIVO Video Converter
    ATI Catalyst Control Center: Noise Reduction for Progressive Video Content
    Performance Improvements

ATI Stream Computing Support

With the release of ATI Catalyst 8.12 users can unlock the potential of acceleratedapplications enabling ATI Stream technology for millions of ATI Radeon™ graphics processors worldwide.

ATI Stream computing harnesses the tremendous processing power of the graphics processing unit (GPU) for high-performance, data-intensive computations over a wide range of scientific, business and consumer applications.

AMD Chipset Product Support

ATI Radeon™ HD 3200 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 3300 Series
    ATI Radeon™ HD 3100 Series AMD 580X Series Chipset
    ATI Radeon™ HD 2100 Series ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1150 Series
    ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1250 Series ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1100 Series
    ATI Radeon™ X1250 Series ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200 Series
    ATI Radeon™ X1200 Series AMD 690 Series Chipset

Note: When installing the Catalyst™ Vista driver for Windows Vista,
    the user must be logged on as Administrator or have Administrator
    rights in order to successfully complete the installation of the Catalyst™ Vista driver.

ATI Catalyst™ Release Note 5

ATI Stream technology enables the hundreds of parallel Stream cores inside AMD graphics processors to accelerate general purpose applications. These capabilities will allow ATI Stream-enabled programs, for a variety of different tasks and from a growing number of software vendors, to operate with optimized
    performance or with new functionality.

ATI Stream Application: ATI AVIVO Video Converter

Using ATI Stream technology, owners of ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series and ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series of graphics cards can help accelerate the conversion of standard and HD video into multiple formats for use on differing consumer electronics devices

ATI Catalyst Control Center: Noise Reduction for
    Progressive Video Content

This release of Catalyst™ introduces a new advanced video quality control:

Noise Reduction for progressive video content, which removes ghosting artifactswhile preserving details of the original video. The slider control can be found in the All Settings page of the Avivo Video tab found in the Catalyst Control Center

Performance Improvements

The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalyst™

3DMark Vantage DX10 – performance gains of up to 5% for Single and Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on HD46xx, HD4550 and HD4350.

Call of Duty: World at War DX9 – performance gains of up to 21% for Single and Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD48xx.

Crysis DX10 – performance gains of up to 25% for Single and Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4xxx.

Crysis Warhead DX10 – performance gains of up to 13% for Single card mode and up to 16% for Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4xxx.

Devil May Cry 4 DX10– performance gains of up to 6% for Single and
    Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4xxx and HD38xx.

Fallout 3 – performance gains of up to 15% for Single card mode.
    Far Cry 2 DX10 – performance gains of up to 10% for Single card mode and up to 57% in Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4xxx and HD38xx.

FEAR DX9 – performance gains of up to 6% for Single and Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on Radeon HD4870X2 and HD4870.

Hellgate: London DX10 – performance gains of up to 6% for Single card mode and up to 10% for Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4xxx.

Left 4 Dead DX9– performance gains of up to 10% for Single card mode and up to 5% for Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4870 series.

Lost Planet Colonies DX10 – performance gains of up to 10% for Single and Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4xxx and HD38xx.

Prey OGL – performance gains of up to 15% for Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on Radeon HD4870 1GB products, HD46xx, HD45xx.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky – performance gains of up to 10% for Crossfire mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4xxx and HD38xx.

Unreal Tournament 3 DX9 – performance gains of up to 18% for Single card mode and up to 15% in Crossfire mode, especially in cases where AA is enabled. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4xxx and HD38xx.
    Last edited by HonestJohn; 12-10-2008 at 11:47 AM.
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R / Core2Duo E6600 @ 3.4 Ghz.
    SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM / 8GB G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400
    Graphics: A Player To Named Later
    Hitachi Deskstar 2TB (2 x 1TB) Internal / External
    Razer Imperator Game Mouse / Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard
    Samsung 225BW 22" LCD / Windows 7 Home Ed. 64-bit

Re: Official ATI Catalyst 8.12 Driver Ready - Go Get'em

I've read up on that video converter, looks very interesting. Wonder if it'll work with my 4670?
    Intel Q6600 Quad core 2.4 GHz
    XFX nForce 7100-630i
    2 Gig (2x1024) Corsair XMS2 PC6400 DDR2
    Sapphire Radeon HD4670; Cat 8.11 drivers
    WD 250gb SATA-2 Drive ,16MB Cache
    Sony CD/DVD-Rom
    WinXP Pro SP3

Sorry to say, but these drivers are pure junk. I tried multiple times to get them installed, and the drivers wouldn't be accepted by Vista 64 or my 3870's, and there is nothing wrong with my videocards, or with Vista 64.

I've since gotten Catalyst 8.11 reinstalled which don't cause any problems for me.

Yeah, the last cat's I've installed are the 8.6's, since later versions seemed to cause more harm than good. I think that once a new product is launched, ATI's driver support for previous models basically stops and then starts to go backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Paler View Post
    I've read up on that video converter, looks very interesting. Wonder if it'll work with my 4670?
    Yes, the 46xx and 48xx supposedly support stream video conversion. If nothing else, the older cat's did video converting through AVIVO, and it was indeed very fast.

No go for me on my CF setup, this sucks cause I had tons of issues with 8.11's, and now can't get 8.12's installed either. Back to 8.10's until ATI gets their act together. I should talk to my friends at ATI to smack some sense into them, I think one of them is still part of the Catalyst Crew... grrr!

Desktop PC
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    Intel i7-2600k @ 4.5 GHz
    Corsair H100 w/2x Scythe GT AP15
    16GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws-X (9-9-9-24-2N)
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning @ 1370/6568
    Crucial M4 256GB
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    LG GGC-H20L
    Pioneer BDR-205
    Seasonic M12D-850W
    Corsair Obsidian 650D
    Dell U2711

HTPC
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R
    Intel E8500
    Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro + MX-2
    4GB OCZ Platinum XTC 6400 (5-4-4-15)
    HIS Radeon HD4850 w/Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo
    WD 6400AAKS 640GB
    LG GGC-H20L BD/HD Combo drive
    Corsair HX520W PSU
    Silverstone Grandia GD01B-MXR w/2x Noctua NF-R8

Bucking the trend, I've been able to install the 8.12's without issue, using a x1950pro

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysauce View Post
    Bucking the trend, I've been able to install the 8.12's without issue, using a x1950pro
    That's because you aren't running a Crossfire rig using two cards or one of the X2 cards like the 3870X2 or a 4870X2.

I have a 4870x2 and its fine with the new driver. I am trying out the new folding client as we speak.
    Core I7/GA-EX58-UD4P
    6 gigs of ddr3 1600
    Raid 0 x2 WD 320AAKS
    4870 X2
    Silverstone 1000w Strider psu
    Thermochill PA 120.3 with dual pumps

They seem to have installation errors as of late. I've read that people that use Drivercleaner or Driver sweeper end up wrecking some files the installation needs to do its job. So lots of people are recommending not using those apps.

I've had no problems with my 4850. I haven't noticed much of a change except for the OGL performance.

Just to note, I always use the Catalyst uninstaller from ATi's site. I've had some problems in the past with Driver Cleaner that I don't care to go through again (maybe it's improved since then, I don't know).
    Heat eBay

Disclaimer: If I post a link it doesn't necessarily mean I endorse or am even familiar with the site. It might just be that I did your work for you and found it on Google. Click at your own risk. Thank you.

Well I've tried driver cleaner and I've also tried upgrading from one version to another, either way, it breaks crossfire. I'm going to try it out on my HTPC rig since it's a single card solution, but I don't expect issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime2515102 View Post
    ...always use the Catalyst uninstaller from ATi's site. I've had some problems in the past with Driver Cleaner that I don't care to go through again (maybe it's improved since then, I don't know).
    It hasn't. Trust me. Use the catalyst uninstaller linked to above.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime2515102 View Post
    Just to note, I always use the Catalyst uninstaller from ATi's site.
    Same here.
    It's clean. No fuss. No muss.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Does it work on Vista 64 though? I tried it and it pretty much wanted to reboot right away, couldn't have been that fast.

Actually its really fast. I think when you run it it just sets everything to be deleted on the next re-boot and doesn't necessarily delete anything when you run it. This is just a guess though.

But yes, it does work with Vista 64-bit. I upgraded both XP and Vista 64 and everything went very smooth.
    Heat eBay

Disclaimer: If I post a link it doesn't necessarily mean I endorse or am even familiar with the site. It might just be that I did your work for you and found it on Google. Click at your own risk. Thank you.