one click thread subscription

just a minor annoyance, when i don't wish to reply to a thread and still want to subscribe you have to make a good 3 clicks with a confirmation page which then takes you back to the original page. this also get's annoying when backtracking to previous pages.

not sure if VB supports the idea, but a button or link for one click thread subscription would be nice, especially without having to go to a confirmation page. the button or link would automatically switch from subscribe to unsubscribe without a refresh i suppose, i've seen similar features on other forums, but i don't believe they were vb based.

just a little gripe i've sorta always had, figured i'd throw it in the suggestion box
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Re: one click thread subscription

without hacking into the source files (which would void warranty), i cannot add the functionality just as you describe.

i could possibly reduce the number of clicks by one by removing the subscribe option from the thread tools menu and place it right in the header right next to thread tools menu. should be a matter of a template edit or 2.

no guarantees, but ill look into it over the weekend and see what i can do. vB has some major new releases in the works which may have the feature you are looking for built in. not sure though. 3.8 is in RC stage and they are working on 4.0.
    hmm...

Re: one click thread subscription

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
    without hacking into the source files (which would void warranty), i cannot add the functionality just as you describe.

i could possibly reduce the number of clicks by one by removing the subscribe option from the thread tools menu and place it right in the header right next to thread tools menu. should be a matter of a template edit or 2.

no guarantees, but ill look into it over the weekend and see what i can do. vB has some major new releases in the works which may have the feature you are looking for built in. not sure though. 3.8 is in RC stage and they are working on 4.0.
    sounds good, thanks a lot
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT