VISTA: Can't Rename Program Shortcuts

I am getting annoyed with some of the little stupid security things Vista has I installed Power DVD 7 and like it always seems to do removes shortcuts in the Programs list.

Any shortcut like MS Word, Excel, Acrobat Reader you name it it deletes them not to the recycle bin it just deletes them. Anyways I am trying to put them all back and when I go to rename the shortcut before I drag it to program files I get the stupid access denied warning how do you turn that dam thing off.

How is that a security risk?
    Windows XP 32bit SP3 (Moving to Win 7 RC1 64bit Soon)
    AMD Phenom 9550 AM2+ (4x 2.2ghz - Stock)
    Gigabyte GA-MA78G DS3H AM2+ (R1.0 BIOS F4)
    Kingston Hyper-X 4GB PC8500 DDR2 Kit (5-5-5-15 2.1v)
    Some Seagate RMA'd HDD (Upgrading To A SSD For Op Sys, & WD 250GB 7,200rpm SATA-II HDD For Storage)
    PNY 9600GT 512mb GDDR3 PCI-E 2.0
    Samsung SH-S138L DVD-RW
    Active Power 850w Mod PSU

Re: VISTA: Can't Rename Program Shortcuts

It sounds like your system is malfunctioning. That isn't how it works for the rest of us.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm becoming a dinosaur.

TBird761 is probably right, but there is a way to check your problem. I gave instructions in a post "Vista's "Cancel/Allow" - can I disable it?" in how to disable UAC almost completely. If you follow these instructions you will become a true administrator with all of the dangers this exposes you to. If you want to take a chance, it will answer your question concerning the source of the problem. If this modification does not help the problem then TBird761 has given you correct advice. Delete the administrator account and look elsewhere. If it works, then you should use the account but I have not had any problems.
    Lou_The_Blue_Guru - For those working with computers that havenít figured this out yet: "Everything is related with every other thing ... " -- The Jaina Philosophy of Non-Absolutism

UAC is switched off the 1st thing I did after the install because it's annoying but I would know if I wanted to continue a install etc but I might just format and start from scratch I am in need of 1 to be honest.