Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Recovery Partition has now been Deleted - Sony Vaio

Quote Originally Posted by urbeg View Post
    Well I decided to give up on trying to work it from the external hard drive, and went ahead an purchased the Sony Recovery discs. They cost 35.57 British pounds. Bit expensive saying you can make them free yourself, which I wish I had of done now.

Not to worry, thanks for the replies.

I was telling you things under the misapprehension that your recovery data were back on the second partition of that harddrive !

Sorry it didn't work out

That 's a lot of money, certainly these days !

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

I did put the recovery data back on the laptop's hard drive in a dedicated partition but still no luck. I also tried to boot from the external hard drive at start up, by setting it as the first boot option and putting the recovery data in the root of the external hard drive.

Everything I tried keeps returning different errors, thats why I went ahead an ordered the proper recovery discs.

It is rather expensive for a disc.

You would never be able to boot from the recovery disk; it 's an image of the O.S. as it was installed on the first partition of your harddrive.
    It has an exe somewhere which would rebuild your OS on the designated partition/disk with all the data that resides in the rest of the image.

Maybe there is an executable or package in existence that can let you boot from the recovery disk, but that wouldn't help much except if it was that clever that you could then start the recovery at that point ...

Since you already ordered, this is a lost cause

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.