ECS GS7610 ULTRA (754) Help Processor Query

Right Hi everyone I bought a used ECS GS7610 ULTRA board off eBay in very good condition and I also bought a 754 Sempron Mobile CPU which runs at 1.8ghz.

Now when I bought it the auction never said it was a mobile just a plain old Sempron the seller later told me that he had sent it and told me he just found out it was a Mobile varient.

Now the board only supports 3 CPU's Athlon 3000, Sempron 3000 & 3100 upto to E6 revisions what would happen if I put the mobile in the board and powered up would it melt or blow up or would the board just see the CPU at all.

Re: ECS GS7610 ULTRA (754) Help Processor Query

not aware of any smoking boards, so it's worth a shot. the mobiles don't come with the heat spreader, so be sure the heatsink makes proper contact. the bios may or may not be up to the task.

good luck

ud

Re: ECS GS7610 ULTRA (754) Help Processor Query

Yeah I thought the heat spreader was missing it looks like my old Athlon XP 2500+ lol the specs are the same as the other CPU's same speed 1.8ghz same FSB and all. I just bought a copper heatsink for it and fan and I have been using Akasa 430 thermal conpond on all my stuff GPU fan replacements and CPU etc temps are great with it.

I think it may see it just probably show wrong name maybe I'm just waiting for the graphics card and some memory to arrive I'm keeping an eye on a proper 3000 Sempron.