Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Make your constructive thoughts known to the President

If there is anyone with an opinion here...

Dear otoc,

We wanted to tell you about a new feature on Change.gov which lets you bring your ideas directly to the President.

It's called the Citizen's Briefing Book, and it's an online forum where you can share your ideas, and rate or offer comments on the ideas of others.

The best-rated ones will rise to the top, and after the Inauguration, we'll print them out and gather them into a binder like the ones the President receives every day from experts and advisors. If you participate, your idea could be included in the Citizen's Briefing Book to be delivered to President Obama.

Visit the Citizen's Briefing Book now and share your ideas:

Throughout this Transition, a truly inspiring number of citizens have gotten involved. We hope that you remain involved through the Inauguration and beyond.

Thank you,

Valerie

Valerie Jarrett
    Co-Chair
    Obama-Biden Transition Project
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Re: Make your constructive thoughts known to the President

Don't spend over $110 million on your coronation inauguration at a time of economic austerity.

Just have a little private do instead. Make everyone bring a bottle and a some dips too.

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    Don't spend over $110 million on your coronation inauguration at a time of economic austerity.

Just have a little private do instead. Make everyone bring a bottle and a some dips too.
    Yeah! BYOB. I'll drink to that.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

ok, ill chime in for ya otoc:

10% flat tax for everyone, eliminate the IRS crap~ola- less government.

bring home my nephews and cousins

fix the economy with the following;

hand Israel their walking papers, if they have no diplomacy (as they have proven), well then, this will prove what I belive- mien furer is alive and well in the gaza strip.

re-create fair trading in America via 50% tax on outsourced job markets and revenues- including those outside of American boarders, another words- strengthen America w/ American workers- force American companies to deal with their "customers".

last, but far from least- fix Mexico, why should we help China when Mexico is a hop, jump & skip away- make THIS contintent great - NOT euro/china.

P.S - Consider letting the Middle East kill them selves off, then we can actually help Africa.
    Last edited by alpha_03; 01-16-2009 at 11:07 PM.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

My apologies for not being clear, Alpha.

The hotlink in my first post links to the Obama transition site from where this briefing book will be assembled. You should check it out and make a post where your words might actually make a difference and be seen by the next president of our country.

I'm still reading through the existing material myself...
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

I actually thought about this last night.

The first thought Id pass along is welcome to the Presidency.
    No matter how we slice it?
    History will be made on Tuesday.

My best advice is to listen to all sides of a decision.
    Our nation's Economy is probably the most "tender" issue
    right now and Id steer clear of politically driven choices
    rather than rational and "sound" policy.

Enjoy the new Limo.
    You earned it.....If I were taking over?
    Id want a quiet place to escape to as well.

JimZ

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    I actually thought about this last night.

Enjoy the new Limo.

JimZ
    you should click that link. pretty interesting

Economy

Enjoy the new Limo.

JimZ
    0 Comments » Posted by jimzinsocal on 1/17/2009 9:13 AM

For me? Every new President needs and deserves our support particularly during the transition period.
    Of course we wish him well.

Setting aside the politics?
    This is a transition time we need to honor like the Brits do
    the Changing of The Guard.

This is about US.

Economy

Enjoy the new Limo.

JimZ
    0 Comments » Posted by jimzinsocal on 1/17/2009 9:13 AM

and here's a link to the few meetings and documents sent to the transition team by various organizations...

http://change.gov/open_government/yourseatatthetable

beware, it's over 156 pages right now and each is filled with submitted PDFs to reflect the positions that each would like the transition team to consider.

Who said this administration isn't about change...

With all of the pre inauguration hoopla and comparisons I think PEBO should be reminded he really isn’t Lincoln, FDR, JFK, MLK or Ronald Regan. We wouldn’t want or president living in a fantasy world now would we? I mean we’ve been through that kind of thing more than once with past presidents.

In other words he needs to prove himself with effective actions not with rhetoric, finger pointing or his rock star status.

Some popular ideas to make this country a better place from this site so far...

Stop the Auslanders
    Let drug users out of prison
    Abandon Israel
    Plant trees
    Various personal requests

Quote Originally Posted by ablaca66 View Post
    Some popular ideas to make this country a better place from this site so far...

Stop the Auslanders
    Let drug users out of prison
    Abandon Israel
    Plant trees
    Various personal requests
    Working extra hard to ridicule without contributing? Funny way to participate.

I found no search results on "Auslanders"

I assume "Let drug users out of prison" is related to various marijuana topics. Funny, we've had the same discussions here.

"Abandon Israel". Well, at least I found a popular discussion point with Re-evaluate aid to Israel. Doubtful either your interpretation or the popular discussion point will have effect.

"Plant Trees" must be your take on the popular:
    Commit to becoming the “Greenest” country in the world.
    If America committed itself to this creed it would solve many problems at once. By creating the economic incentives and legislative benchmarks, going green will:

* Completely revamp American industries and help them compete in global markets.
    * Save America’s auto industries by creating a change or fail incentives.
    * Put millions of people back to work.
    * Rebuild our infrastructure in ways that provide everyone with clean safe transportation.
    * Eliminate America’s need for foreign oil (by 2020 not 2050) making America safer.
    * Renew the American Dream and restore America’s leadership and respect in the world.
    No comment on "Various personal requests" other than the concept of that forum is for ideas to be placed forth and the more popular ones distilled into a presentation book. Freedom of speech on venues like that dictate no deletions of anything one might consider off base.

The later link I placed has many special interest groups sending in papers for consideration. If that's your point with "personal requests" then I'd rather be able to see for myself the posturing by special interest towards the exucutive branch. I know I have no idea on that topic when it comes to Congress. But did you see the popular discussion point on that one?
    Vote and debate all bills online and show what industries contribute the most to each Representatives campaign.
    Vote and debate all bills online and show what industries contribute the most to each Representatives campaign while they are voting. Let's show the American people who really run the country!
    Funny how different people can see things differently...

The War on Drugs issue^^ is a good item. I hadnt thought of that one but Ive come to realize [via the more libertarian guys here] its mainly a waste of $
    We spend more money chasing and prosecuting nickel and dime
    cases than the expenditure warrants. The entire deal needs to be rethought
    IMO.

The War on Drugs issue^^ is a good item. I hadnt thought of that one but Ive come to realize [via the more libertarian guys here] its mainly a waste of $
    We spend more money chasing and prosecuting nickel and dime
    cases than the expenditure warrants. The entire deal needs to be rethought
    IMO.
    wtf?!?!? You talkin bout "Let drug users out of prison"??????

Yeah, we've had that point here before and it's one where the question of government and law into our personal lives vs cost becomes one of basic constitutional freedoms. I'm thinking about a separate post on that topic. I think the issue isn't being clearly defined in my mind.