Thread: I'm back!

Smile I'm back!

Well, I'm back into the DC part of the world and this site actually. Been quite some time since I've visited PCPER; however, I started on this site quite some time ago and got to witness some extraordinary events on the DC side of the site, before the creation of the pond. Not sure who here remembers me, but figured I'd stop in and say hi, and glad to be back contributing again. I also just built an HTPC with an AMD 64X2 so that will help with my computer power a bit as well.... I'll update the sig to my primary computer (the HTPC) when I get a chance. Also, any suggestions on what else I should join? My three projects from years back are in the sig.
    Last edited by asmolenski; 01-20-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Re: I'm back!

Welcome back. We apprerciate any help on any of the projects we run. For an idea of what we are involved in, here is a graphic that shows all of the projects where we have a team and our current status.

You may also want to get involved in our Project of the Month. If you have an Nvidia graphics card, GPUgrid offers gpu crunching in addition to cpu crunching.
    Pull up a lilly pad, have a beer and most importantly have fun.

Welcome back stranger.

Welcome back!

Cool! Nice to see some familiar names still! Can't wait to become active in the forum again.

Though, I've been testing Windows 7 Beta and my first full night of crunching I guess was too much for the Beta. Woke up this morning to a frozen computer. :P

Quote Originally Posted by asmolenski View Post
    Cool! Nice to see some familiar names still! Can't wait to become active in the forum again.

Though, I've been testing Windows 7 Beta and my first full night of crunching I guess was too much for the Beta. Woke up this morning to a frozen computer. :P
    I've been running 7 Beta on one of my machines for a while now with no problems. What project were you running?

I believe the BOINC client was running Seti Units at the time. I haven't been home to look for any error codes or other reasons for the crash though. Could be just a fluke.

Hey Spankin and Scruff! Nice to see you around here still!

Course I remember your time in Staff. Good to see you back!

Quote Originally Posted by asmolenski View Post
    Hey Spankin and Scruff! Nice to see you around here still!

You can call us 'Lifers'!

welcome back.

Welcome back old man... Long time no see.
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.