Page 272 of 344 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5150

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Ole tricky D*ck. I read something today that reminded me of Nixon as well. Carney a few days ago was pimping the idea that Benghazi was a long time ago. The bit made note that Watergate was 10 months old when it broke.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

D.C. turns on Obama

Time to put away any hope of movement through congress unless this is addressed.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

^^^Yeah it was just a matter of time before the media turned. Always happens in a second term.

The conservative media has stopped calling him Carter and started calling him Nixon. Who knows, maybe in 10 years they'll start calling him Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    ^^^Yeah it was just a matter of time before the media turned. Always happens in a second term.

The conservative media has stopped calling him Carter and started calling him Nixon. Who knows, maybe in 10 years they'll start calling him Reagan.
    I would say a lot, if not a majority of Republicans don't like Nixon. Aside from the fact he was a crook and a creep, he was the most liberal Republican president in the past 50 years, though you could make a case for Ford.

As for the Obama scandals, if I can talk about this from a pragmatic nonpartisan perspective for a second, the floor always falls out of the White House in the second term of a presidency and the •••••••• piles up on the POTUS. Vietnam blew up on Johnson (technically his first term but you know what I mean). Watergate spoiled Nixon. Iran-Contra stung Reagan. Clinton got impeached and CNN talked about cum stains on national TV, and Katrina and the complete degradation of Iraq-Afghanistan under Bush.

In fact, there's a good case to made to Hillary Clinton or Marco Rubio or whoever the next President is to walk away after the first term and go out on top.
    Last edited by Keven; 05-15-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I would say a lot, if not a majority of Republicans don't like Nixon. Aside from the fact he was a crook and a creep, he was the most liberal Republican president in the past 50 years, though you could make a case for Ford.
    Well he's no longer being compared to the worst liberal president in history (Jimmy Carter, in their opinion) and is now being compared to one of the worst republican presidents in history (•••• Nixon). I'd say that's a tremendous leap out of the basement.
    As for the Obama scandals, if I can talk about this from a pragmatic nonpartisan perspective for a second, the floor always falls out of the White House in the second term of a presidency and the •••••••• piles up on the POTUS. Vietnam blew up on Johnson (technically his first term but you know what I mean). Watergate spoiled Nixon. Iran-Contra stung Reagan. Clinton got impeached and CNN talked about cum stains on national TV, and Katrina and the complete degradation of Iraq-Afghanistan under Bush.

In fact, there's a good case to made to Hillary Clinton or Marco Rubio or whoever the next President is to walk away after the first term and go out on top.
    Can't argue with any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Who knows, maybe in 10 years they'll start calling him Reagan.
    They might beat you to the punch.

This Sebelius subsidizing Obamacare with donations from medical companies is already being tagged as Reaganesque because its financially similar in scheme to Iran-Contra.

This just in:

Barrack Obama is changing his middle name to "Millhouse".

This just in: You guys still suck....even worse than before when you REALLY sucked.

The media and Republicans may be screeching about President Barack Obama's scandals, but the American people are seeing through the ••••••••.

CNN reported on Sunday that 53% of people questioned in the survey said they approve of the job the president is doing, with 45% saying they disapprove. The president's approval rating was at 51% in CNN's previous poll, from early April. The two point rise was well within the survey's sampling error.

The new numbers indicate that Obama remains popular, with 79% of Americans saying the president is likable.

But it's not just Obama. The Democratic Party went from a 46-48 favorable-unfavorable rating a month ago, to 52-43 in this latest poll. That's a net gain of 11 points.

As for impeachment-screeching Republicans? They're DOWN a net eight points from 38-54 a month ago, to 35-59 this week.

It turns out that:

* The American people just don't think that it's the worst scandal since Watergate that Obama called the Benghazi consulate attack an "act of terror" as opposed to a "terrorist attack".

* The American people just don't care that the IRS spent extra time looking at the applications of political groups—none of which had their applications rejected, mind you. (Well, except for that one liberal group.)

* The American people can't be bothered to care that some reporters were spied on, after the GOP spent the last decade pushing for increased wiretapping powers in the name of "national security". This is exactly what Republicans wanted. No one believes they're really that outraged about it now.

So after the president's supposed worst week ever, with Republicans jumping in glee at the scandals, we find that the president's popularity has inched up, the Democratic Party's popularity is significantly up, and Republicans, at 59 percent unfavorable, are at their highest unpopularity level since CNN started polling the question in 1992.

Way to go, sherlocks.

^^^ If the Daily Kos says so, I'll just have to wait for Media Matters' confirmation.

^^^No need.....Kos actually reads the e-mails before they post them as fact.

I think it's time to think about the end of this Presidency. I don't care if you are black, white, yellow, red, blue or a dozen shades of fuchsia, you have been betrayed by Barack Obama. But that isn't what will get him.

What will get him is the opinion he has of being able override laws and policy with executive orders. Often he will give a reason because he KNOWS this or that and then leave everyone hanging waiting for proof. Things like saying that 90% of everyone agrees with him on gun control- despite not revealing what poll he got that number from or saying exactly what is meant by control. Things like he KNOWS Assad is using chemical weapons and how many people were killed- and not being able to convince any independent party that has been permitted to look at any evidence (eg WSJ). And we are to treat his actions as gospel by Jesus simply on the strength of his persona- certainly not because of law or fact.

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...ent-while-arm/
    WASHINGTON, September 18, 2013 — In the wake of the most recent mass shooting on American soil, the Obama Administration has announced new efforts to curb gun violence in the United States. Through Press Secretary Carney, President Obama has made it clear that new executive orders will be forthcoming.

In other news, President Obama has waived the restriction on arming terrorists with fully automatic weapons. These announcements were made hours apart.

The United States will respond to this latest national tragedy the way we always do. Those on one side will call for stricter gun control, perhaps even confiscation. Those on the other side will rally against them, sticking to the argument that guns aren’t the problem, bad people are the problem. President Obama will continue his crusade to remove military style weapons from the hands of violent members of society, and he will continue to find ways he believes will curb gun violence. Despite the fact of course that rifles make up a small fraction of weapons used during violent crimes, and this most recent shooting event took place with a shotgun and two handguns.

On the other hand, President Obama has decided that he is going to waive the restriction on arming terrorist organizations which would provide legal support for his continued effort to undermine and punish President Assad for the use of chemical weapons. Waiving US code 18 U.S.C. 2339B which strictly prohibits material aid to the terrorist organizations. The President of the United States has not only voluntarily armed the enemies of this country, but he has gone out of his way to do so.
    People, this president has PUBLICLY weaseled his way into being able to murder anyone home or abroad simply at his say so. Syria and the drones should have been your warning. Now he takes it on himself to be able to act without authorization from anyone. This president is transcending to megalomania. This president does not represent you. This president represents the major corporate interests and the agenda established by the new aristocracy- of which he is a part. Until you realize that he is not responding to an act of war against the United States but is inventing reasons to commit murder for agenda, you will not recognize how dangerous this sociopath is becoming.

It is for this reason, I think the public should actively pursue impeachment of this criminal. I think that there is an overwhelming number of things we could run with, but this war baiting travesty has pushed the edge. I wonder how long Nixon would have lasted for the same things?

http://www.havasunews.com/news/small...a4bcf887a.html

http://www.dailypaul.com/299655/cong...eachment-filed

We need to end this presidency and hopefully begin to undo the damage it has done.
    Last edited by Skennar; 09-19-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

^^ It just ain't gyoin' to happen.

Way to many Americans are sooo far out of touch with what's really happening the main stream media would baffle them with BS and calls of racism. The results would probably lead to nation wide big city riots like never seen before. I honestly believe this president wouldn't hesitate to put this country on a course for massive bloodshed to retain and enhance his power. I'm convinced this president should be locked up in a mental facility. He is a maximum security megalomaniac on the loose... He is frigging crazy...

meg·a·lo·ma·nia noun \ˌme-gə-lō-ˈmā-nē-ə, -nyə\
    : a condition or mental illness that causes people to think that they have great or unlimited power or importance

Full Definition of MEGALOMANIA

: a mania for great or grandiose performance
    : a delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur
    Last edited by tucker; 09-19-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^ It just ain't gyoin' to happen.

Way to many Americans are sooo far out of touch with what's really happening the main stream media would baffle them with BS and calls of racism. The results would probably lead to nation wide big city riots like never seen before. I honestly believe this president wouldn't hesitate to put this country on a course for massive bloodshed to retain and enhance his power. I'm convinced this president should be locked up in a mental facility. He is a maximum security megalomaniac on the loose... He is frigging crazy...
    Isn't it amazing how, bottom line, it is still fear that drives people into slavery. I don't think it would be that way if the public would approach the coming election election with a ruthlessness we have not seen since Pearl Harbor.

But more to your point: If Obama is as far gone as you suggest, we may not really have a free vote remaining by the time the next election comes. Obama may anoint himself to a third term by a vote of acclamation at the 2016 Repocrat convention. Because, we are told, 90% of the American public and the world need it to be him. No one else is worthy- we must waive the Constitution in light of the need of the moment.

It may come right around when all those people who thought they could free-ride the foodstamp/welfare/unemployment system finally realize that the people who used to pay the bills are no longer there and they are lost in the helplessness of their ignorance, stupidity and lack of ability to survive on their own. Then the street thugs take over and this place looks like a string of African warlord slum cities ... sort of like huge swaths of Detroit. Sort of like the lights going out in Atlas Shrugged.

But I would hope Americans would wake up before that happens. This place may go up in flames with a drive for an overhaul of congress and a drive for impeachment- but it will do so anyhow if nothing is done.

Right now, I'm looking for the best group that is organizing to take this criminal and his masters on straight-up. I'll leave a link when I do.
    Last edited by Skennar; 09-19-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

wow i see the right is still wearing their tinfoil hats and screaming obama is a bad president... i cant wait till the next election cycle the republicans will not have a majority in the house and lose seats in the senate. since they keep pissing on the American people for no real reason than to be asshats.

Seriously 40 votes to repeal the healthcare law, they know its not going anywhere they know the bill will die after it leaves their chambers. yet they felt the need to do it TO WASTE OUR TAX MONEY ON FRIVOLOUS VOTES its a sad joke what they have become as a party.

Now the fight is defunding the law after the bill has been passed and the cost for it is due... oh well we will just shut down the government and default on the debt we owe cause we are little baby's throwing a tantrum and if we dont get our way WAAH WAAH... the republicans think this strategy will save the party... seriously people need to grow up and come out the closet and take off the tin-foil hats
    Last edited by Maxius; 09-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    My Pc
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6ghz
    Memory: 16gb Cosair ddr3 1866
    Hard Drives: 1x 1TB + 100gb muskin ssd cache, 1x 2tb 2 x3 tb
    Video: AMD Radeon R9 290
    Sound: Creative Xfi Fatal1ty Pro
    Lcd: Gateway Black-Silver 24"

Funny, but you weren't complaining when the Democrats virtually shut the government down while writing this monstrosity of a bill and passing it all by their lyin' out their arse bi-partisan selves.

If you remember, it was 24/7 save the country with Obamacare.

Now, of course, congressional votes cost to much.