Page 101 of 291 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4354

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Good point. It only takes Obama a year to do what Boosh did in eight years. Tank in the opinion polls.
    lol, dutch, still having a bit of an issue actually reading data?

Bush crossed over after three years, not eight and tanked way before that. Obama hasn't crossed over yet. Wishful thinking on your part, but it just doesn't hold water at this time.

If I take your definition of tanked, then Bush accomplished that by Sept'01 with an approval rating of that went down from over 60% at the start:
    53% approve
    40% disapprove

Remember, Obama started from over 60% and now in December it is
    50% approve
    44.5% disapprove

Of course, let's not mention...

When Bush was elected for his second term, his approval rating at the time of the election was:
    40% approve
    58% disapprove

So what is your point here?

That approval ratings go down for newly elected presidents in the first year?

or

Approval ratings mean nothing to the reelection of an incumbent?

or

Dutch likes to pull partial data and reinvent history to match his gut. Talk about Al Gore. 8 years....

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post

Dutch likes to pull partial data and reinvent history to match his gut. Talk about Al Gore. 8 years....
    All ya gotta do to piss off an Obami is post a Rasmussen poll of the Won tanking and watch the Bush comparisons fly out.

Let's have another look, 'cause I don't think you fully understand what this chart shows. Its not the same sorta data as used in your averaged out polls. Its not approve and disapprove, ya see. Its the "strongly approve" and "strongly disapprove". So the data you posted is about somethin' else. Close. But not the same.

In fairness, you did post some of the data, but circled another place. Its kinda like the thing you do so often... fight apples with oranges.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 12-31-2009 at 12:50 PM.

All ya gotta do to piss off an Obami is post a Rasmussen poll the Won tanking and watch the Bush comparisons fly out.

Ahh, the valueless Ad hominem, or is that the Straw man tactic you like to complain about?

Did you or did you not bring up previous administrations for comparative reasons a few posts ago?
    Regardless, let me know when you actually piss someone off (unless you mean peeing from the laughter, OK, you win), and while you do, look at the 8 years and let me know when you care to explain that earlier comment.

Or at least explain your point with that partial poll info for history is a telling thing. Isn't it?

edit for added point response: I posted a chart that included both (circling one set of numbers right next to the set of numbers you use), showed how your source is the only source counting this way, how your source is the lowest, no matter how you do approval ratings, and applied an apples to apples look at the situation where comparisons can be made historically while averaging all the polling sources. I circled the comparative data to show Rasmussen still tracks it, although you wouldn't be able to fing a chart on their site that actually uses it anymore. You are the one using oranges where only a partial outlook is used in only one situation, by one source, for one president. Funny how Rasmussen used to chart the topic in a different way, isn't it?
    Last edited by otoc; 12-31-2009 at 12:58 PM.

I'm not sure. Since it wasn't really a point of debate, maybe neither apply.
    Did you or did you not bring up previous administrations for comparative reasons a few posts ago?
    I did. And your point is?
    Or at least explain your point with that partial poll info for history is a telling thing. Isn't it?
    My point is that Obama is tanking in the polls. Yours, as usual, is that Boosh tanked in the polls. Right?

Isnít Rasmussen daily polling of likely voters unlike most of the rest.

edit for added point response: I posted a chart that included both (circling one set of numbers right next to the set of numbers you use), showed how your source is the only source counting this way, how your source is the lowest, no matter how you do approval ratings, and applied an apples to apples look at the situation where comparisons can be made historically while averaging all the polling sources.
    I get it now. A lot of work, it seems. And you presented all of these apples to argue against an orange.
    I circled the comparative data to show Rasmussen still tracks it, although you wouldn't be able to fing a chart on their site that actually uses it anymore.
    Its updated daily on Rasmussen's front page. Here's today's:

You are the one using oranges where only a partial outlook is used in only one situation, by one source, for one president.
    Yes otoc, I presented a graph that can be called an orange. Your rebuttal was a bushel of apples. I think we got it now. Nice twist. Your logic that a lot of apples beats an orange is unique, at least.

True, its one source... a source that's proven to be quite accurate.

And of course, we're only tracking one "situation" in each graph... and one president.
    Funny how Rasmussen used to chart the topic in a different way, isn't it?
    They still do. See the image above. If you read his reasoning on his website, it might make more sense.

Remember back when water-boarding was a big dealeo back before it was revealed those whom supposedly opposed it the most vocally knew about it all along?

Anyway, it made a good campaign talking point at the time. Seems now that a real attempt was narrowly avoided under "hopenchange's" watch only due to a faulty "tighty whitey bomb" people are a lil more in favor of doing what it takes to prevent more attacks.

58% Favor Waterboarding of Plane Terrorist To Get Information

&

The Politics of Incompetence

On December 26, two days after Nigerian Omar Abdulmutallab allegedly attempted to use underwear packed with plastic explosives to blow up the Amsterdam-to-Detroit flight he was on, and as it became clear internally that the Administration had suffered perhaps its most embarrassing failure in the area of national security, senior Obama White House aides, including chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, David Axelrod and new White House counsel Robert Bauer, ordered staff to begin researching similar breakdowns -- if any -- from the Bush Administration.

"The idea was that we'd show that the Bush Administration had had far worse missteps than we ever could," says a staffer in the counsel's office. "We were told that classified material involving anything related to al Qaeda operating in Yemen or Nigeria was fair game and that we'd declassify it if necessary."

The White House, according to the source, is in full defensive spin mode. Other administration sources also say a flurry of memos were generated on December 26th, 27th, and 28th, which developed talking points about how Obama's decision to effectively shut down the Homeland Security Council (it was merged earlier this year into the National Security Council, run by National Security Adviser James Jones) had nothing to do with what Obama called a "catastrophic" failure on Christmas Day.

"This White House doesn't view the Northwest [Airlines] failure as one of national security, it's a political issue," says the White House source. "That's why Axelrod and Emanuel are driving the issue."

Axelrod, who has no foreign policy or national security experience beyond occasionally consulting with liberal or progressive candidates running for political office in foreign countries, has been actively participating in national security briefings from the beginning of the administration. He has also sat in on Obama's "war council" meetings, providing Obama with suggestions in both venues based on what he knows about polling and public opinion data, say several White House sources.

"[Axelrod] isn't sitting in the meetings telling the President, 'Do this because the polling shows that,'" says one source. "But we know that in less public settings, or on paper, David does provide guidance to the President that gives him added context to the recommendations and information our foreign policy and national security teams give him."

Axelrod's presence in the meetings has raised some eyebrows, as previous political advisers in the White House have typically not participated in such meetings. Bush Administration sources, for example, say that political adviser Karl Rove was not present at national security meetings.
    Last edited by AMDScooter; 12-31-2009 at 02:16 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^ otoc was asking how Obambi's popularity could drop half a dozen points overnight. Hmmm. Ya think? Could be. I dunno.

From an orange and a bushel of apples to lemons... the Bush Derangement Syndrome isn't just for forums... the White House has it as well.

Edit: You and I must've been reading the same stuff at the same time, Scooter. Imagine that. Anyway, I deleted what you I posted.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 12-31-2009 at 02:36 PM.

The charts do show Obami's meteoric descent - he's tanked in a year what took Boosh 3 years to accomplish.

Bravo!!! We can't really award Obami the whole prize here as a sole recipient (with a clear conscience). He has surrounded himself with a cadre of incompetent buffoon's the likes of which are virtually unprecedented - I'd say it's about a 50/50 spread.......
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

One gets the feeling that Obambi and his minions are out of touch with the voters...
    Seventy-one percent (71%) of all voters think the attempt by the Nigerian Muslim to blow up the airliner as it landed in Detroit should be investigated by military authorities as a terrorist act. Only 22% say it should be handled by civilian authorities as a criminal act, as is currently the case.
    ...that's from Scooter's link a few posts up.

otoc, do you work for the Obama administration? Has he ever done anything you disagree with? I freely admit differences with Bush and Reagan. Most people on both sides of the aisle are unhappy with Obama's performance so far (although for different reasons).
    Brian

One gets the feeling that Obambi and his minions are out of touch with the voters......that's from Scooter's link a few posts up.
    Like I'd trust a poll owned by Rupert Murdick.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

^^^ Of course not. We knew that already.

Just for fun, I laid Obambi's RCP numbers over Boosh's RCP numbers...

^^^^^ Looks pretty and cut and dry on my monitor! Obammi did in 1 year what took Boosh 3 years to accomplish. Bravo!
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    ^^^^^ Looks pretty and cut and dry on my monitor! Obammi did in 1 year what took Boosh 3 years to accomplish. Bravo!
    lol, and what was said here?
    http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php...postcount=1501