Page 103 of 344 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 5150

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    You just used the same link to try to prove his innocence...priceless

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/...t-in-pictures/
    What's priceless:

1) You seem unaware of the difference between a picture and a link to a story.

2) The Heritage story you link that you claim I used states as much as I did in my previous post:

UPDATE: Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above. Also, some Obama defenders are claiming the graphic above represents biased Heritage Foundation numbers. While we stand behind the numbers we put out 100%, the numbers, and the graphic itself, above are from the Washington Post. We originally left out the link to WaPo. It has been now been added.

CLARIFICATION: Of course, this Washington Post graphic does not perfectly delineate budget surpluses and deficits by administration. President Bush took office in January 2001, and therefore played a lead role in crafting the FY 2002-2008 budgets. Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for the FY 2009 budget deficit that overlaps their administrations, before President Obama assumes full budgetary responsibility beginning in FY 2010. Overall, President Obama’s budget would add twice as much debt as President Bush over the same number of years.
    3) You never linked to where I used that Heritage story as requested.

4) You have yet to show the "lie".

Yup.. priceless...
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    What's priceless:

1) You seem unaware of the difference between a picture and a link to a story.

2) The Heritage story you link that you claim I used states as much as I did in my previous post:

4) You have yet to show the "lie".

Yup.. priceless...

President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.
    So that's not in the Heritage link I posted? I guess the link to your same picture is from some other blogger or you chose not to include the whole story just a picture which helps your position.

Are you saying the Heritage Foundation is lying, but your blogger is correct?
    Last edited by liteman; 01-01-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

So that's not in the Heritage link I posted? I guess the link to your same picture is from some other blogger or you chose not to include the whole story just a picture which helps your position.

Are you saying the Heritage Foundation is lying, but your blogger is correct?
    Wiggle... wiggle... but not a single coherent response to any of the 4 points I raised.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

What's priceless:

1) You seem unaware of the difference between a picture and a link to a story. The picture is tied to the story.

2) The Heritage story you link that you claim I used states as much as I did in my previous post: Not really, the blogger makes untrue claims right off the bat, what makes anything he says credible?

You just posted the picture again and you don't know where you've used it before?

4) You have yet to show the "lie". $500 billion claimed by your blogger, Fact;$2.5 trillion sounds like a lie to me.

Yup.. priceless...
    see above responses...Now answer my question;Are you saying the Heritage Foundation is lying, but your blogger is correct?
    Last edited by liteman; 01-01-2010 at 09:05 PM.

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

see above responses...Now answer my question;Are you saying the Heritage Foundation is lying, but your blogger is correct?
    Your "above responses" have you batting 0. Which leaves you absolutely nothing on which to demand responses from me in regard to your new spin. How about we stick to settling your initial claims first?

Quote Originally Posted by liteman
    This blogger lies in his second sentence and I'm supposed to beleive anything else he says: Quote from one of scoot's other posts\links
    I'll even shorten the list to address your 2 sentence post with 2 questions.

1) Prove he lied in his second sentence.

A president comes into office facing a $500 billion deficit and grows it to $2 trillion.
    2) Link a post by me where the quote you claim I used came from.

Mmkay.

-The Gipper

Your "above responses" have you batting 0. Which leaves you absolutely nothing on which to demand responses from me in regard to your new spin. How about we stick to settling your initial claims first?

I'll even shorten the list to address your 2 sentence post with 2 questions.

1) Prove he lied in his second sentence.

Mmkay.
    1)
    President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008.
    Your blogger said:
    A president comes into office facing a $500 billion deficit and grows it to $2 trillion.
    Someone is lying, either Heritage is wrong or the blogger is wrong or Bush reduced the deficit by 2.0 trillion before he left (doubtful).

- Thomas Jefferson

1) Your blogger said:

Someone is lying, either Heritage is wrong or the blogger is wrong or Bush reduced the deficit by 2.0 trillion before he left (doubtful).
    Yes, and he accomplished this with a DEMOCRATICALLY CONTROLLED Congress.......

^^^ I dunno, liteman. The numbers are scary. But I think what's confusing here is that...
    President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008.
    ...is a cumulative deficit for eight years.

While...
    ...is talking about annual deficits.

Apples and oranges.

Its not helped by fuzzy accounting by politicians and their minions.

Our total national debt is well over $12,000,000,000,000.00.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 01-02-2010 at 12:41 PM.

1) Your blogger said:

Think dutch probably already pointed out that what you think is a "lie" is just a misunderstanding for #1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar
    ...is a cumulative deficit for eight years.
    Now how about that link I requested for #2) ?

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Yes, and he accomplished this with a DEMOCRATICALLY CONTROLLED Congress.......
    A point I've made numerous times that the (D)'s around here seem to like to ignore. Congress controls the $$$. The (D)'s took control in "06" and the deficit while still a mess IMHO was on it's way down. Now let's have a look at what's happened since "06" under their control and the projections of what their agenda will cost our kids grandchildren.

-The Gipper

Let me guess, the latest from Obambi is designed to improve transparency in our government, right? Do ya think so?
    NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, by the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:
    Yeah, that's probably on every executive order, but for some reason or another it gives me the willies to hear such a decree from Obambi. Its an executive order titled: Executive Order - Classified National Security Information

If you're into getting confused in legal language: The latest decree from Obambi

From Ace:
    I'm still working slogging my way through this monstrosity of an EO consisting of twisty/twisting/twisted little mazes trying to digest it and figure out what it all means.

Here's what I've found so far that I'm 100% sure of:

-- There's a 10 year "default" on declassifying classified info unless a longer time frame was specified and justified.

-- Unclassified information may BECOME classified upon submission of a FOIA request for it...thus allowing for a public veneer of openness while reserving the right to clam up if said openness should prove inconvenient when someone actually learns of a document's existence and has the nerve to request it.

Its a very lengthy and tortuously worded EO and people will be analyzing its ramifications for quite a while I suspect. I don't imagine the professional intelligence community is terribly happy about the Byzantine procedures outlined here. Their jobs just got a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Let me guess, the latest from Obambi is designed to improve transparency in our government, right? Do ya think so?Yeah, that's probably on every executive order, but for some reason or another it gives me the willies to hear such a decree from Obambi. Its an executive order titled: Executive Order - Classified National Security Information

If you're into getting confused in legal language: The latest decree from Obambi

From Ace:
    Pretty comical in a sickening kind of way when you read that about the new EO and then step back a few days and read this:

The Politics of Incompetence

"The idea was that we'd show that the Bush Administration had had far worse missteps than we ever could," says a staffer in the counsel's office. "We were told that classified material involving anything related to al Qaeda operating in Yemen or Nigeria was fair game and that we'd declassify it if necessary."
    Hopenchange..

-The Gipper

^^^ In line with that thinking, did we all find it a bit curious to have CIA agents identified as such after being blown up in Afghanistan?

I dunno, maybe I've been reading too many Vince Flynn novels, but was under the impression the CIA wasn't officially there and when things like that happened, things were hush-hushed to protect the spelunkin' spy guys.

Our spy networks are almost worthless with today's media.
    To hell with protecting them and their families... if there's a story to
    break, they're breaking it.

Newest Article: PC Gaming Superiority
    http://richardmccord.com

^^^ With the way our elected officials handle state secrets about that region...

Feinstein comment on U.S. drones likely to embarrass Pakistan

I'm surprised so very little it might surprise even dutch.

-The Gipper