Page 11 of 344 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Roll the David Bowie tape Scooter...Changes

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123310499999722371.html

For our listening pleasure

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...8&sa=N&tab=wv#

Ever notice I always seem to ask Scooter to roll the tape?

Whats wrong with me? I guess I figure he gets what Im getting at in my often absurd way.
    Lol.. I get it. My thoughts about the messiah's unwarranted apology to the Muslim world...
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Ya.. about those secret prisions I supposedly just outlawed. They will now be called "temporary holding facilities" when the messiah uses them to the same effect. "HOPENCHNAGED!"

EXCLUSIVE: Loophole allows terrorist detentions
    Shows new shades of Bush 'war on terror'

EXCLUSIVE:

President Obama's executive order closing CIA "black sites" contains a little-noticed exception that allows the spy agency to continue to operate temporary detention facilities abroad.

The provision illustrates that the president's order to shutter foreign-based prisons, known as black sites, is not airtight and that the Central Intelligence Agency still has options if it wants to hold terrorist suspects for several days at a time.

Current and former U.S. officials, who spoke on the condition that they aren't identified because of the sensitivity of the subject, said such temporary facilities around the world will remain open, giving the administration the opportunity to seize and hold assumed terrorists.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by AMDScooter; 01-28-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: spoiler tags
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Lobbyists.. only bad when other people use them..

Geithner names ex-lobbyist as Treasury chief of staff

White House spokeswoman Jennifer Psaki said Obama is following through on his commitment to operate under strict ethical standards.
    Whew.. glad she cleared that right up...

changenhoped

-The Gipper

We call ourselves fiscal conservatives and we're not the power of the Republican party anymore. We've been reduced to the minority in the minority party and that presents quite the challenge.
    Gee, I wonder why- baby boomers got WAY to greedy- screwd you're own, and there by your country, and in the end- yourselves.

Why dont you just outsource your problems to somewhere else? No? Why? BECAUSE YOU CANT ANY MORE!! There is no where left to drop the sh!t.

LOL.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

^^^

Are you sure you aren’t confusing Baby Boomers with Generation Jones?

no tuck, I ment what I said.

This began 27 years ago, and now the fruits fall from no tree- they forgot to water while in Belize. They hired outsourced people to do what they should have done for themselves.

As history proves- it ALWAYS repeats itself- stupid is as stupid does.

It is the working class that will be forced to fix this- and as always, the rich, who claim to lead, will garner the merrits of the working class, AND absolution from the folley they have created on our- er- their behalf. JQP, puched over once again.

Will we ever learn?

BTW,

Welcome to America, leader of the "free world".
    Last edited by alpha_03; 01-28-2009 at 11:41 PM.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

i agree. eventually the sharks eat enough... they start eating each other... and then there's nothing left. the rat race is very destructive.
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Silly mortals.. when I said:

"we can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times..."
    I meant you can't keep your homes on 72 degrees at all times. Me.. I keep it warm enough to "grow orchids" in my crib. Hey.. I'm from Chicago Hawaii dontyaknow. As if I can be bothered to follow my own rules. Haven’t' I given you enough examples already for whom the rulez apply? Geez you lemmings are slow. It's already been over a week and you still are not catching on. Now excuse me while I go stuff a few billion more $$$ into the “stimulus” for Global Warming and Green energy research.

Some Like It Hot

Some, in this case, being President Obama. The noted advocate of sacrifice to protect the planet from the scourge of global warming simply can't be bothered to change his own habits.

The capital flew into a bit of a tizzy when, on his first full day in the White House, President Obama was photographed in the Oval Office without his suit jacket. There was, however, a logical explanation: Mr. Obama, who hates the cold, had cranked up the thermostat. “He’s from Hawaii, O.K.?” said Mr. Obama’s senior adviser, David Axelrod, who occupies the small but strategically located office next door to his boss. “He likes it warm. You could grow orchids in there.
    As Ed at Hot Air points out, this is the same guy who told the rest of us that "we can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times..." during the campaign.

Predictably, the media isn't pointing out the obvious contrast between what Obama says and what Obama does. Sure, we pick on Carter for good reason, but at least he had the decency to wear a sweater.

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_03 View Post
    Gee, I wonder why- baby boomers got WAY to greedy- screwd you're own, and there by your country, and in the end- yourselves.

Why dont you just outsource your problems to somewhere else? No? Why? BECAUSE YOU CANT ANY MORE!! There is no where left to drop the sh!t.

LOL.
    While I appreciate and understand some of what you said, personally, as a babyboomer, I don't know wtf you are talking about. Some and, from what I can see, many baby boomers (BBs) have given it an honest try at honest work to make honest money and invest it into our families and retirement accounts so we wouldn't have to live off any other generation.

The decisions that were made that outsourced our jobs, squandered our wealth and seeks to strangle us with our debt were not made by popular vote. They were made for us by a few a$$holes who either were people we thought we could trust or people who swindled the people we thought we could trust. I do not recollect ever having the ability to vote for free trade with China, the TARP package, or the Economic Stimulus Plan. And I don't really care what generation they belong to, but I'm about ready to ask for a vote to fire our government, put our wives into office, and put a lot of "business people" to work picking up trash along the Interstate system.

And I think I might find enough honest Americans of any generation starting to think the same thing.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 01-29-2009 at 02:10 PM.

I think the different generations tend to bleed into each other. There’s never a single generation totally responsible for good or bad decisions, ethics, morals, business practices or political decisions.

Just think about all the good things that have happened in the last 40+ years. You can’t judge any generation by looking only at the bad things.

The more I look at the current top figures in the business world and the current garbage in Washington, DC we have making the decisions that affect everybody the more I think all of them should be shitcanned and we should start a new.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...mbing-suspect/

A military judge has refused the Obama administration's request to delay the arraignment of Abu al-Nashiri, the accused planner of the 2000 USS Cole attack in Yemen, FOX News learned Thursday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...mbing-suspect/

A military judge has refused the Obama administration's request to delay the arraignment of Abu al-Nashiri, the accused planner of the 2000 USS Cole attack in Yemen, FOX News learned Thursday.
    The rest of the story that is in conflict with the FoxNews headline:
    Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said Thursday that Pohl would soon be told to comply with Obama's executive order.

"All I can really tell you is that this department will be in full compliance with the president's executive order," Morrell said at a news briefing.

"There is no ifs, ands or buts about that."

"The president has signed an executive order and that sort of puts all this on hold as we go about and review a number of things related to Gitmo, our detention operations, our interrogation procedures," he continued.

"And so, while that executive order is in force and effect, trust me that there will be no proceedings continuing down at Gitmo with military commissions," he added.
    To me, the title is a bit misleading. The real title should be "Military judge to be told by the Pentagon that he needs to comply with his commander in chief."
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

This Krauthammer OpEd really misses the mark on several fronts.

One, it interprets what Obama meant by both the words he used and words he didn't use.

Second, it misses the reality that the last 8 years of neocon policy in the ME has brought little improvement for peace unless military control is enacted and contained, does not address the fundamental issue that many people are rather hard on Muslims as a whole based on the actions of a few (my read on Obama's words), that public opinion has been critical of our ME poilicies, and that no comparison was made to past administrations (from what I read). But since Krauthammer jumps off on a few words to reflect on the obvious based on his opinion of what Obama meant or didn't mean, mine is that this particular OpEd is a stretch and misses the mark in an attempt to simply argue against a new president.

On a side topic, I do enjoy reading this forum of late. It lets me know what the losing party is whining about and saves me the time to simply look for other points of view from the other side. I do appreciate it. Time has been short for me of late and seeing what the various sides are saying helps me keep balanced in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I respect different points of view. There was no sarcasm meant nor intended.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    While I appreciate and understand some of what you said, personally, as a babyboomer, I don't know wtf you are talking about. Some and, from what I can see, many baby boomers (BBs) have given it an honest try at honest work to make honest money and invest it into our families and retirement accounts so we wouldn't have to live off any other generation.

The decisions that were made that outsourced our jobs, squandered our wealth and seeks to strangle us with our debt were not made by popular vote. They were made for us by a few a$$holes who either were people we thought we could trust or people who swindled the people we thought we could trust. I do not recollect ever having the ability to vote for free trade with China, the TARP package, or the Economic Stimulus Plan. And I don't really care what generation they belong to, but I'm about ready to ask for a vote to fire our government, put our wives into office, and put a lot of "business people" to work picking up trash along the Interstate system.

And I think I might find enough honest Americans of any generation starting to think the same thing.
    I disagree. Not my exwife.

I think it was greed through lobbies and influence in government. I like the fire the government part, but we have elections for that. The trouble is it's too costly to run, so the backed candidate owe before stepping foot in office. And it's not the voters they owe.

Greed also had a part on the topic of outsourcing, but I don't think it was all BBs. Wallstreet is full of 20 somethings making more than I could ever imagine, and to me the issue of shorterm dividend gains as opposed to longterm financial/business planning is what did us in. Look at all those shorterm plans and how they failed which put us in this situation of socialized capitalism.

As far as outsourcing goes, where Wal*Mart used to stress made in America under Sam, his kids stay sequestered behind fortified walls selling Chinese products to out of work Americans on government titties. What a strange trip this has been when a friend in retail makes seven figures working for a liquidation company moving from failed business to failed business and Wal*Mart shows no such problem. They originally worked for a failed national chain.

<rant>We need to pull together and speak in one voice to our government that we are mad as hell and we aren't going to take it any more. This is not about liberal/conservative/Democrat/Republican, this is about a system that is f'd up and needs an enema.

Every legislator I know has gotten an email that says no pork on bailouts. No more business as usual. If you can't agree or argue to the basic principals of your legislation don't sell it with favors for I'm not buying.</rant>

On topic, we can either push Obama and Congress to make change or complain about it, hope he fails and go nowhere. We can blame ourselves in the end, which I think was Alpha's point. I think we are just looking at the slow results of a system that evolved and forgot what it is that makes this economy move. People working and actually making things to sell so people can work.