Page 14 of 344 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    WH is sure getting crowded.
    quid pro quo... pay to play... Never mind. Iím instructed to believe the messiah was above all that Chicago Washington business as usual stuff. Mmmmmm good kool aid BTW..
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Kinda flies in the face of Bamma's claim across the network interviews the other night that the "stuff" in the spending package that people have issue with total less than 1% of the total package. I'll say it again.. he was lying through his teeth.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Charles notices Bamma making use of the straw guy. Our speaker in action..

Barack Obama Sets Up Straw Men, Knocks 'Em Down in the Washington Post

-The Gipper

Partisan Speech from Obama On the Spending bill.
    The good stuff starts around 4:00 in video pt1

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

^^^ where the pom poms?

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    ^^^ where the pom poms?

Speaking of pom poms where is the Team Obama Cheerleaders? I want to see some skin before I get porked.

Point counter point--Jane you ignorant slut. Quit your whining....

Former Bush chief of staff says Obama should put on a coat and tie in the Oval Office

Inside Edition tells us that on tonight's show, former Bush White House chief of staff Andrew Card has this to say about President Obama's decision not to require that men always be in coats and ties when they're in the Oval Office, as was the rule in the Bush administration:

"There should be a dress code of respect. ... I wish he would wear a coat and tie. ... The Oval Office symbolizes ... the Constitution, the hopes and dreams, and I'm gonna say democracy. And when you have a dress code in the Supreme Court, and a dress code on the floor of the Senate, floor of the House, I think it's appropriate to have an expectation that there will be a dress code that respects the office of the president.

"I don't criticize Obama for his appearance. I do expect him to send a message ... earned over history."
    Bush Jacketless In Oval Office: Photo Uncovered After Bush Chief Of Staff Slams Obama's Informal Appearance
    Anya Strzemien | February 5, 2009 11:19 PM

One day after President Bush's former Chief of Staff Andrew Card blasted President Obama for breaking the Bush dress code, which reportedly required that a jacket be worn by anyone entering the Oval Office, we've unearthed a photo of, well, a jacketless President Bush in the Oval Office.

On Wednesday night, Card told "Inside Edition" that "there should be a dress code of respect....I wish that [Obama] would wear a suit coat and tie." Much has been made of Obama's informal appearance in a photograph taken on January 21st, the day after his inauguration.

The photo of Bush was taken on January 22nd, 2001--two days after his own inauguration.

Card also told "Inside Edition":

"The Oval Office symbolizes...the Constitution, the hopes and dreams, and I'm going to say democracy. And when you have a dress code in the Supreme Court and a dress code on the floor of the Senate, floor of the House, I think it's appropriate to have an expectation that there will be a dress code that respects the office of the President."

Ironically, the photo shows Bush signing papers with staff secretary Harriet Miers, whom he went on to nominate for the Supreme Court in 2005. (She later withdrew her nomination.)

It turns out that going casual in the Oval Office is a long, time-honored tradition that pre-dates the Bush administration: JFK did it. Gerald Ford did it. Ronald Reagan did it. Jimmy Carter did it. Clinton did it (a lot). See photographic evidence below.

Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...campaign-mode/

Ill agree with some of that. The "tone" is like he's still campaigning.
    Its wearing thin.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 02-06-2009 at 04:17 PM.

^^^ I do believe that more people are put off by the comparison of his campaign rhetoric:

"we canít drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times..."
    as opposed to how he sets an example after gaining office by hypocritically cranking the thermostat high enough to:

grow orchids

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...campaign-mode/

Ill agree with some of that. The "tone" is like he's still campaigning.
    Its wearing thin.
    And that belies the issue many of us have raised repeatedly. Campaigning is all he knows to do.. it's quite simply all he's ever done. He has 0 executive experience.. and it's showing already.

-The Gipper

^^

MORE ON THE ZINNI FUMBLE: “… the question of who should be the next ambassador to Iraq has turned into an embarrassing mess for the Obama administration as it struggles to recover from other stumbles over high-profile nominations.”
    Plus this: “Obama has only been President for 17 days. It’s mind-boggling how many screw-ups there have been. . . . It seems to me that the mode of ambulation is the stumble.” Upside for them is that there have been so many screwups I’ve had trouble keeping up with them all. They’ve saturated the screw-up radar….

Hey, I'm not alone!! It seems some other people don't want their evenings filled with Obama sell-a-thons.

As a country, we're gonna tire of this guy quicker than Carter.

Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz

http://justoneminute.typepad.com/mai...atriotism.html

And BTW? Wheres the outrage over the Census deal now turned into a political arm of Obama's Administration?
    Had Bush done that? The NYTimes would have issued a Extra Edition printed in red ink
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 02-07-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Hey, I'm not alone!! It seems some other people don't want their evenings filled with Obama sell-a-thons.

As a country, we're gonna tire of this guy quicker than Carter.
    Haha. I love it! They helped to get him elected. Now it's going to cost them.