Page 184 of 291 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 4354

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Well, that's quite a change from "no tax increases". I don't buy the double speak... if they eliminate loopholes and deductions, they increase taxes. Its a math thing, not a semantics game.
    There's no way around an increase in revenue to dig out of this hole. Again, the consession was made to allow those in the GOP who signed the no tax increase pledge to save face. The Democrats were steadfast in a repeal of the Bush tax cuts. That didn't happen.

Boehner said the talks broke down because he and the President had agreed to $800 billion in revenue increases (over 10 years), but Obama decided to jack that figure up to $1.2 trillion.So you're all in for the Obambi way now? Is that really a change for you?
    Don't believe me? Fine. As if that matters to me. Is it too hard to deal with an opposing viewpoint without attempting to shift it towards a personal note?

What did the President offer for cuts that required an increase in revenue? Perhaps the Gang of 6 proposal that would make the House GOP look like turncoats tbecause of the Tea Party pledge they signed? I seem to have missed Boehners statement on that. And come on, Boehner is still dealing with GOP caucuses against any increase to the deficit ceiling?

If the cuts that could happen aren't balanced by revenue increases the whining from those in the Tea Party on fixed income will be great. That's reality. Time to kill the Bush tax cuts for those making more than $1 million. Hope that doesn't hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    There's no way around an increase in revenue to dig out of this hole.
    Since we don't have a revenue problem, there certainly is. Spend less. Keep taxation below 18% of GDP. That's more than enough to run this country.
    Don't believe me?
    No, I don't.

Funny that the CEOs trying to justify huge cash reserves to their shareholders say the lack of hiring is because of demand.

And then there's this one that seems to be devoid of any focus on Healthcare reform as the reason.

Job creation limps along after recession

Ahh, Heritage Foundation. Is that the organization that stated that tax cuts for the wealthy would create jobs for the last decade?
    Geez, how could I forget. The welcome wagon. Nobody rolled out the welcome wagon.......

On behalf of PCPer and the Lightening Round gang - Welcome Back otoc!!!!!

We've really missed you!
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Since we don't have a revenue problem, there certainly is. Spend less. Keep taxation below 18% of GDP. That's more than enough to run this country.
    Ahh, the BBA that is based on a budget that is 18% of GDP budget. Not quite what you wrote but close enough.
    (1) total outlays do not exceed total receipts; and
    (2) total outlays do not exceed 18 percent of the gross domestic product of the United States for the calendar year ending before the beginning of such fiscal year.
    Even the BBA hedges with a 2/3s vote to increase spending beyond the 18%. So the GOP doesn't agree that there might be enough revenue for that. Or that 18% is enough for a budget. Hardly what you just wrote.

You know why? When were the last the times the federal budget was at or less than 18% of GDP when the deficit/surplus for that budget was added?

1965. And what has happened since? Medicare. The federal debt interest/GDP was 1.5%, with total federal debt at 50% of GDP.

1999, 2000, and 2001 were other years when the federal budget was less than 18% of GDP after the deficit/surplus for those years were taken into account. Even still, the federal debt was over 60% of GDP with interest payments at around 3% of GDP.

But hey, that revenue you say we have enough of with that no new taxes concept.

2010 was 14.9% of GDP.
    2011 is projected to be at 14.4% of GDP.

Either we need new taxes or the BBA would call for a federal budget that was equal to levels we haven't seen since 1951 unless 2/3 of the senate could get their shit together and agree to spend more.

And that doesn't do anything about the federal debt.

Sorry, I don't see the reasoning when you actually crunch the numbers.

It is unreasonable in the sense it does nothing for the national debt and unobtainable without additional taxes. The GOP is pandering to the Tea Party and Millionaires. Which I find rather amusing in a very funny way with the next part of my response.

No, I don't.
    Sure Dutch. Yesterday you called me a fool and today I'm a liar. lol, let's just keep with the facts...
    Last edited by otoc; 07-22-2011 at 11:49 PM.

From Obama’s comments after an abrupt ending to today’s talks.

The president countered that he had offered an "extraordinarily fair deal" that totaled $2.6 trillion in spending cuts and $1.2 trillion in additional revenue.
    If my math is right that leaves a pathetic 1.4 trillion in actual cuts and a job killing 1.2 trillion in revenue (taxes). Seemingly Obambi keeps moving the goal posts whenever they get close to a deal.

Sure Dutch. Yesterday you called me a fool and today I'm a liar. lol, let's just keep with the facts...
    Add exaggerator to your list, dude.

I don't recall calling you a fool yesterday.

I certainly didn't call you a liar today.

I merely said I don't believe you.

So by all means, feel free to take your own advice and keep with the facts.

Is this your victim game all over again?

Jeez.

Add exaggerator to your list, dude.

I don't recall calling you a fool yesterday.

I certainly didn't call you a liar today.

I merely said I don't believe you.

So by all means, feel free to take your own advice and keep with the facts.

Is this your victim game all over again?

Jeez.
    lol, more names. heh, you think you'll get a response beyond me noticing there is nothing from you in response to my rebuttal to 18%?

Meh.

I s'pose its fitting to use a signature as a reflection of one's self.

When ya point a finger, three point back at yerself.

But this is old stuff... projection and denial and all of that.

So yeah, same bull$h!t, different day.
    What's my sig talk about? Oh yeah, fools.

When someone doesn't believe what another is saying about themself, they are what? A liar.

And now comes the "victim game". Tell me dutch, besides not being able to support what you say, what is your game here?

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    From Obama’s comments after an abrupt ending to today’s talks.

If my math is right that leaves a pathetic 1.4 trillion in actual cuts and a job killing 1.2 trillion in revenue (taxes). Seemingly Obambi keeps moving the goal posts whenever they get close to a deal.
    It's tied into deficit reduction and the federal debt that has become the GOP's new thing to be aware of thanks to the Tea Party. Taxes are job killing? During Clinton's time, taxes were higher. During Bush's time taxes were lower and the promise was more jobs. Taxes aren't any higher now and all we see is business sitting on $2 Trillion in cash reserves. There are reasons for the goal post moving. Things like the bi-partisan Gang of 6 getting support for a bill that would make the House GOP really look like fools to the Tea Party. Things like the Senate squashing the House Bill. Why is it a surprise to anone that negotiations are a moving target and you take what gets offered at the moment or else you lose it? Getting close to a deal is not having a deal, by any definition of the word.

But by all means, blame Obama.

I noticed some commentators failed to understand my graph and blog post refuting Heritage's misleading "trend." I hope this other graph illustrates better that Heritage's presumption that the healthcare bill disrupted a positive job growth trend is ridiculous.

Hope everyone keeps reading my blog,

Dan

danbraganca.com

lol, more names. heh, you think you'll get a response beyond me noticing there is nothing from you in response to my rebuttal to 18%?
    I don't care about your thoughts on how I think we should run our country, so there's nothing to say here.
    What's my sig talk about? Oh yeah, fools.
    Got it. You post about fools, illustrate the point, have it laid out succinctly, and then its someone else's doing.

As seen in your little re-post of what was actually said, I clearly did not call you a fool, but may illustrated your signature well. It wasn't difficult.
    When someone doesn't believe what another is saying about themself, they are what? A liar.
    No. They are someone who isn't believed by the other person.
    And now comes the "victim game". Tell me dutch, besides not being able to support what you say, what is your game here?
    Usually, its passing time over coffee or during breaks from what I'm doin'.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 07-23-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enlitnd99 View Post
    I noticed some commentators failed to understand my graph and blog post refuting Heritage's misleading "trend." I hope this other graph illustrates better that Heritage's presumption that the healthcare bill disrupted a positive job growth trend is ridiculous.

Hope everyone keeps reading my blog,

Dan

danbraganca.com
    lol, I thought this one took care of Heritage in proving cause, and all they were doing was damage control about jobs being tied to taxes while trying to derail a president that was a Democrat.

I don't care about your thoughts on how I think we should run our country, so there's nothing to say here.
    Seems to me that's exactly what the concept was.

Pardon me if I just ignore the rest for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by enlitnd99 View Post
    Maybe you could explain why the employment picture totally sucks today, especially after the passage of Obamacare, which his people said would greatly improve employment, immediately.

If it had nothing to do with Obamacare, fine. What is it then?

Maybe you could explain why the employment picture totally sucks today, especially after the passage of Obamacare, which his people said would greatly improve employment, immediately.

If it had nothing to do with Obamacare, fine. What is it then?
    Still fishing? At least be consistent with Dan...
    Nancy Pelosi said that the passage of ObamaCare would create 400,000 jobs “almost immediately.”
    and how about the facts that have already been presented to you pages ago...
    Job creation limps along after recession
    Health care added 449,000 jobs during the 18-month downturn and 483,000 jobs in the 22 months since.
    and...
    The nation has 5% fewer jobs today — a loss of 7 million — than it did when the recession began in December 2007. That is by far the worst performance of job generation following any of the dozen recessions since the 1930s.
    In the past, the economy recovered lost jobs 13 months on average after a recession. If this were a typical recovery, nearly 10 million more people would be working today than when the recession officially ended in June 2009.
    "There's still a lot of uncertainty about the economic recovery, and many companies that would like to hire are reluctant to do so because they're not confident sales will pick up and remain strong," says Jerry Conover, director of the Indiana Business Research Center.
    This unique recession has been particularly unfriendly to job-seekers, experts say. "There was too much employment in housing, and that isn't coming back — and frankly shouldn't come back," says Amar Bhide, a Tufts University professor.
    The housing collapse and productivity gains on the factory floor have made it hard for the economy to absorb workers without a college degree and young people generally, says Carl Camden, president of Kelly Services, a global staffing firm. Manufacturers are producing more value than ever in the USA with a fraction of the workers needed before, he says.

Any of you obama suppprters been down to the unemployment office lately?
    Tell those looking for work all about these supposed jobs that were created.
    The lines go around the building, not counting those that have given up looking for a job.

Millions out of work, and you talk about a few hundred thousend jobs created. What a bunch of bull.
    Last edited by AAdjuster; 07-23-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Forgot something.