Page 220 of 288 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4314

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    A few nights ago I watched a documentary called "Cocaine Cowboys" about the rise and fall of the cocaine and illegal drug industry in Miami. One of the main persons they were interviewing was a guy that provided a transport service for the likes of Pablo Escobar among others. He made an incredible amount of money doing this in the late 70's through the 80's. Anyway, he went on to say that at one time he made a donation to the Republican party that was in the millions, I can't remember the exact number. He even still had the personally signed thank you note from none other than James Baker himself, who was Secretary of the Treasury at the time, and had been Reagan's Chief of Staff.

The drug runner went on to say he always found it amusing that no one ever asked what he did for a living or where the money came from. I then wondered how many other times this has probably happened over the years, in both parties. Now I see the article that Jim posted and I have to think that maybe it's not in either parties interests to go digging up where their donations have come from. They may not like what they find.
    I'm watching "The Wire" right now. For those who don't know, it was an HBO crime-drama centered in Baltimore that aired from 2003-2008 I believe.

Other than being the greatest show in the history of TV (IMHO), it also portrays quite the pessimistic picture about how change comes about at the local level. One of the main story lines was how the Baltimore drug kings got quite involved in the property re-development business, and how that money filtered up to the politicians. Once the detectives who were chasing the drug kings started getting wind of where the money was going, it was amazing how quickly their superiors shut them down...follow the money and you don't know where you end up. Everyone wants to keep their job, everyone has friends, and everyone wants to cover their own ass. Everything else simply doesn't matter.

^ Yep. Oil prices, follow the money.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    ^ Yep. Oil prices, follow the money.
    Well, most of the money at the pump goes to gas taxes and we know where THAT money goes.
    Brian

111 Billion over run on cost...but not to worry..."no cause for alarm"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-aid-rises-by/

Whoops...Chevy Volt taking a rest

http://www.jammiewf.com/2012/chevy-v...ts-production/

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    The trouble with the Volt is it's just not the smug Obamabot's vehicle of choice, even if Black Jesus himself "owns" one. No, the smug liberal, faux tree-hugger vehicle of choice is the Prius. Why you ask? Simple. The design of the vehicle is unique to the Prius. One quick glance at it and everyone knows it's a hybrid. Nothing else on the road today looks that dated and hideous. It's uniquely homely looking. Like a pair of Crocs or an iphone, there is no doubt what it is and the movement it started. All that come after it will always be lauded by the "in" people as nothing more than a poor copy, even if the replacement is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    The design of the vehicle is unique to the Prius.
    I dunno about that, from a distance it looks a heckuva lot like a Pontiac Aztec. . . if it wasn't for the "skipped the paint booth" primer look of those massive plastic strips running down its side, the Aztec and Pruis could be mistaken for one another. LOL. "Butt Ugly" doesn't begin to cover it, IMHO.

^^^Lol, and the Aztec didn't sell because it was ugly. A strange, strange world we live in.

I liked the Pontiac Aztec.

Walt White drives a Pontiac Aztec on the AMC TV show "Breaking Bad". You should all be watching that show by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Hey, I'm willing to overlook a *few* character flaws in anyone. . . and judging by sales numbers, you're in rare company, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post

Walt White drives a Pontiac Aztec on the AMC TV show "Breaking Bad". You should all be watching that show by the way.
    Lol, as myv65 said, you're in the minority liking the Aztec. Oh and Walt used to drive an Aztec but if you remember he totaled it trying to keep his brother-in-law from inspecting his...workplace. But yeah, with the exception of a few extremely boring episodes this season and last, Breaking Bad is freakin' awesome.

All the calls to remove Rush from Armed Services radio...well heres another petition lol:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...paign=shorturl

that via Ace

oh, come on... The Aztec was one of the ugliest cars ever. Right up there with the AMC Pacer.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    oh, come on... The Aztec was one of the ugliest cars ever. Right up there with the AMC Pacer.
    Absolutely.

Can you just picture Mrs. Obambi riding in a Chevy Volt.

Sheeeet… she’s stretch limo all the way… followed closely by a van full of her personal slaves.