Page 224 of 291 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4354

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Been looking for something good to put in the sig.

This will do nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Been looking for something good to put in the sig.

This will do nicely.
    I don't get it?

Well that makes it even better

Scooter will understand. If he doesn't get it then there is no hope for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Well that makes it even better

Scooter will understand. If he doesn't get it then there is no hope for you guys.
    Here's a pair of poll's you'll like BD..

Shocker: Poll with 51% Democrats gives Obama 50% approval rating

Pew poll puts Obama approval at 50/41

One over represents demorats.. the other under represents repuggies. But hey, at least it ain't rassy. Because they are bad.

As far as siggy chops.. how about this one..

The “Giddy” Is Gone… Obamacare Will Cost Twice as Much As Promised

In March 2010 leading democrats and their lackeys in the state-run media were “just giddy” to report that they crunched some numbers and found the nationalized health care bill they were pushing would reduce the deficit by $138 billion.

It was a lie. Democrats knew it was a lie…

But, after several backroom deals they rammed the bill through Congress anyway.

Then in May of 2010 the CBO corrected the numbers and said Obamacare will cost taxpayers at least $115 billion more than promised. Democrats pulled a fast one on the American public.
    Republican Senators point out the deceit in a 2010 video:

Americans are right to be concerned about our country’s enormous debt, especially given the Congressional Budget Office’s recent announcement that the health care bill will not in fact provide the deficit reductions the president promised. Republicans are committed to addressing Americans’ concerns with fiscally responsible policies that will create jobs, grow the economy, and reduce our nations deficit.

This week the CBO released some revised numbers and the true cost of Obamacare is twice what we were promised.
    The Examiner reported:

President Obama’s national health care law will cost $1.76 trillion over a decade, according to a new projection released today by the Congressional Budget Office, rather than the $940 billion forecast when it was signed into law.

Democrats employed many accounting tricks when they were pushing through the national health care legislation, the most egregious of which was to delay full implementation of the law until 2014, so it would appear cheaper under the CBO’s standard ten-year budget window and, at least on paper, meet Obama’s pledge that the legislation would cost “around $900 billion over 10 years.” When the final CBO score came out before passage, critics noted that the true 10 year cost would be far higher than advertised once projections accounted for full implementation.

Today, the CBO released new projections from 2013 extending through 2022, and the results are as critics expected: the ten-year cost of the law’s core provisions to expand health insurance coverage has now ballooned to $1.76 trillion.
    It doesn’t matter. Democrats wanted to nationalize health care and they would do anything to achieve their goal. For democrats, the end always justified the means. They could care less how much their program really costs.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Jeez, I s'pose, just like handicap ramps, its more work for me, but I'd really rather spend my energy on stuff that improves things. And don't get me wrong, I've designed lifts for places that need 'em... I have no problem with doin' that. But being told by the government that your pool needs to have a lift? Nuts. Just plain nuts.
    The DOJ has been issuing a growing wave of such guidelines over the years, reaching an ever larger portion of business activities. In September 2010, the DOJ issued guidelines for “recreational facilities,” including a new rule that all public access swimming pools must provide a lift capable of moving disabled patrons from their wheelchairs into the water.

Compliance with the rule requires pool owners to have a lift for each “water element” in their facility. So if your local community pool also has a spa, both the spa and the pool must be “accessible.” But if you have two spas, don’t worry, only one lift is required.

In fact, most people in the swimming pool industry thought that one portable lift would be enough. Pool owners claim they were led to believe that, as long as they had one device that could be wheeled out whenever someone needed help getting into or out of a pool or spa, there would be no need intrusive permanent fixtures.

But then industry leaders began hearing rumors last year that Obama’s DOJ would require permanently fixed lifts for each pool and spa. They began to write letters to DOJ asking for clarification on the issue.

On Jan. 31 of this year, DOJ granted the industry’s call for a clarification: But it was not the answer they wanted. All 300,000 public pools in the United States must install a permanent fixed lift. The deadline for compliance is tomorrow, March 15. Call it “Poolmageddon.”

There is no way all 300,000 pools can install permanent lifts by Thursday. There simply are not enough lifts in existence or enough people who know how to install them, according to industry spokesmen. Plus, each lift costs between $3,000 and $10,000 and installation can add $5,000 to $10,000 to the total.
    And no, I don't believe the $5,000 to $10,000 numbers. I'm thinkin' $20,000 and up... 'cause ya just know there's more to it than a lift out of a catalogue.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinio...lawyers/367846

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Jeez, I s'pose, just like handicap ramps, its more work for me, but I'd really rather spend my energy on stuff that improves things. And don't get me wrong, I've designed lifts for places that need 'em... I have no problem with doin' that. But being told by the government that your pool needs to have a lift? Nuts. Just plain nuts.And no, I don't believe the $5,000 to $10,000 numbers. I'm thinkin' $20,000 and up... 'cause ya just know there's more to it than a lift out of a catalogue.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinio...lawyers/367846
    Wow. I expect to see a LOT of hotels/motels across the US this summer to have "Pool closed for maintenance" signs up or something similar. I doubt it will be closed for installing these lifts either.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    "Pool closed for maintenance".

^^Being that I've worked for a couple different manufacturers, and been in the middle of "X Government requirement begins on X Date" with new product launches...you can bet there's someone pulling some congressman's strings behind this.

My guess would be whoever owns these lift manufacturers.
    Nuke em'.

Then: High gas prices because of 33bil Bushcheneyhaliburton!
    Now: High gas prices save lives! Blessing in disguise!

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Bristol Palin:

Dear President Obama,

You don’t know my telephone number, but I hope your staff is busy trying to find it. Ever since you called Sandra Fluke after Rush Limbaugh called her a slut, I figured I might be next. You explained to reporters you called her because you were thinking of your two daughters, Malia and Sasha. After all, you didn’t want them to think it was okay for men to treat them that way:

“One of the things I want them to do as they get older is engage in issues they care about, even ones I may not agree with them on,” you said. “I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil and thoughtful way. And I don’t want them attacked or called horrible names because they’re being good citizens.”

And I totally agree your kids should be able to speak their minds and engage the culture. I look forward to seeing what good things Malia and Sasha end up doing with their lives.

But here’s why I’m a little surprised my phone hasn’t rung. Your $1,000,000 donor Bill Maher has said reprehensible things about my family. He’s made fun of my brother because of his Down’s Syndrome. He’s said I was “f—-d so hard a baby fell out.” (In a classy move, he did this while his producers put up the cover of my book, which tells about the forgiveness and redemption I’ve found in God after my past – very public — mistakes.)

If Maher talked about Malia and Sasha that way, you’d return his dirty money and the Secret Service would probably have to restrain you. After all, I’ve always felt you understood my plight more than most because your mom was a teenager. That’s why you stood up for me when you were campaigning against Sen. McCain and my mom — you said vicious attacks on me should be off limits.

Yet I wonder if the Presidency has changed you. Now that you’re in office, it seems you’re only willing to defend certain women. You’re only willing to take a moral stand when you know your liberal supporters will stand behind you.

But…

What if you did something radical and wildly unpopular with your base and took a stand against the denigration of all women… even if they’re just single moms? Even if they’re Republicans?

I’m not expecting your SuperPAC to return the money. You’re going to need every dime to hang on to your presidency. I’m not even really expecting a call. But would it be too much to expect a little consistency? After all, you’re President of all Americans, not just the liberals.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Bristol Palin:
    They said on local conservative talk radio today that this is the start of Bristol Palin becoming a political commentator in her own right. I'm sure the centrists around here will love that. As for Bristol, she seems to be on a trajectory to run for Alaska's congressional seat some day.

^^^ I thought her start was on Dancing With The Stars.

Let's hope it takes more than a letter to become a commentator.

^^^ I thought her start was on Dancing With The Stars.

Let's hope it takes more than a letter to become a commentator.
    Well, did she talk about politics on Dancing With The Stars? I dunno, I don't watch that show. Donald Driver is on the new one tonight and everybody in Wisconsin is going nuts. I got like three phone calls asking if I was watching it (mom, aunt, grandma), then I called my dad a little later to •••••••• about cars and HE was watching it.

On January 20, 2009, the President inherited a $1.3 trillion budget deficit. The President has put forth a budget that will halve this deficit by the end of his first term, bring non-defense discretionary spending to its lowest level as a share of GDP since 1962.
    The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush’s last day in office, which coincided with President Obama’s first day.

The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product, the total value of goods and services.

Mr. Obama has been quick to blame his predecessor for the soaring Debt, saying Mr. Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug program with borrowed funds.

The federal budget sent to Congress last month by Mr. Obama, projects the National Debt will continue to rise as far as the eye can see. The budget shows the Debt hitting $16.3 trillion in 2012, $17.5 trillion in 2013 and $25.9 trillion in 2022.
    [...]
    If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.
    I really don't understand anyone supporting this guy.

I really don't understand anyone supporting this guy.
    C'mon Dutch, you know the drill. Deficit spending, wars, tax increases, general lies, are all ok as long as it's done by a Libberal.....
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications