Page 4 of 287 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Yes, definitely in private. No reason to make a big show out of it.

^^Yeah. Nobody to blame really. Shit happens. In front of the entire world? Its a wonder either Roberts or Obama could remember their names let alone all the correct words.

Yep. He should re-take the oath just in case. I listened to the inauguration on the radio and I so much wanted Obama to be announced as Barack Hussein Obama. The took the low road and just used H instead.

Was this the first time a full name wasn't announced?
    Liquid Ninja's DCS is gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    Beyond that, racism is still alive and well in our country, but it is far less overt than lynchings and poll taxes. Instead, it boils just below the surface and periodically erupts.

Iím not quite certain what you refer to. Could you please explain how racism boils below the surface? Is it a widespread type of thing or does it happen more often in certain areas of the country?

Quote Originally Posted by jevans64 View Post
    Yep. He should re-take the oath just in case. I listened to the inauguration on the radio and I so much wanted Obama to be announced as Barack Hussein Obama. The took the low road and just used H instead.

Was this the first time a full name wasn't announced?

Hmmm, oddly enough, I have yet to see anyone here say anything about the fact that Obama is also 1/2 WHITE?

Strange how this is - at least to me.

Truth be told, if you want to eliminate racisim, them you speak not of it UNTIL racism becomes a problem.

I seem to remember that it WAS NOT a problem in this election. ALL OF AMERICA SPOKE (those that voted)

Therefore the race point is moot, and means nothing with regards to this threads topic.

Obama did three great things today- I am proud to be an American again.

Talk about that. See the Threads tittle for a change!!
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_03 View Post
    Truth be told, if you want to eliminate racisim, them you speak not of it UNTIL racism becomes a problem.

I seem to remember that it WAS NOT a problem in this election.

^ and your exact point would be?

I care not for what most of the news reports- do you? The context of what is said at the time is far more important, not snipets of only a part of what has transpired- you know, the things they call the "facts".

BTW, did you NOT understand what I wrote?

I said AMERICA - not Obama. Obama did not elect himself.

America did that - nearly 3 to 1. Do the math my friend.
    Last edited by alpha_03; 01-21-2009 at 09:08 PM.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

I don't care what the news reports say either. I prefer to form my own opinions. In this case, we heard Obama's own words. The point is (and was at the time) that he injected race into the campaign of his own free will.

I get it. But Obama is an American, and I'm pretty sure he voted. And now that he's the head American, I hope he chooses his words more wisely.

I don't care what the news reports say either. I prefer to form my own opinions. In this case, we heard Obama's own words. The point is (and was at the time) that he injected race into the campaign of his own free will.
    Based upon what reasoning? Why do so many forget to post the whole story as if some how the rest of us didn't see/hear the same thing at some point?

Like I said- "snipits" count for very little.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I get it. But Obama is an American, and I'm pretty sure he voted. And now that he's the head American, I hope he chooses his words more wisely.
    Understood, however, it IS those VERY words that woke Americans up, can you not see this?

It wasn't Obama making a point of race, it was Obama telling you that "they" would.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_03 View Post
    America did that - nearly 3 to 1. Do the math my friend.
    Obama 69,456,897
    McCain 59,934,814

I don't see how this is 3 to 1