Page 51 of 344 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

In Civ IV if I am UN Secretary General I call for a vote to totally remove nuclear weapons, it's usually the first vote I call and it usually passes.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    In Civ IV if I am UN Secretary General I call for a vote to totally remove nuclear weapons, it's usually the first vote I call and it usually passes.
    And in Civ IV, right after the vote, all the leaders of countries go out and follow you UN orders, dismantling their nukes, right?

Not slamming your class by any means, but trying to show the futility of votes garnered in the UN.

Real life, my friend. The idealistic ideas usually fall flat because there are dissenters. The Ruskies and Americans would probably agree to get rid of a lot of nukes... the old outdated ones that aren't likely to be used in any scenario they can conjure up. In the meantime, submarines are outfitted with advanced, multiple warhead nukes that are considerably different than any nukes the people of the world are familiar with. Those types of weapons will never be removed because of any order or decree from the UN. They might, however, be replaced when a better version is developed.

Barack Obama Prepares Country For Liberal Newspaper Bailout

From ACORN to the UAW Barack Obama takes care of his base.
    Last night at the White House Correspondents Dinner Barack Obama prepared the country for the inevitable liberal newspaper bailout.
    There's just no way Democrats are going to allow the liberal media to go under.
    Inquisitr.com and Free Republic reported:

At the annual White House Correspondents Dinner in Washington DC Saturday evening (May 9), President Barack Obama ended on a serious note, pledging his undying support for journalists and specifically newspapers.

President Obama spoke about media job losses and changes in the industry, then quoted Jefferson, “if he had the choice between Government with newspapers or newspapers without Government, he’d choose the latter.” The gushing was perhaps understandable at a press function, but it’s what he said next that foretold of a newspaper bailout.

Obama told the crowd “Your ultimate success is essential to success of our democracy” before shortly saying “Government without a tough and vibrant media is not an option for the United States of America.”

The notable thing in context is that Obama primarily in the speech talks about newspapers, with other media outlets being mentioned second (collectively), or when making a joke (for example, noting that Jefferson hadn’t seen Cable News.) It would appear from the speech clearly that Obama holds the mainstream media, and particularly newspapers above online media. It is clear that when he talked about “tough and vibrant media” that he is referring to mainstream media, and newspapers in particular.

He concludes with the line that the problems in the media industry are “problems worth solving,” which sounds an awful lot like the final word that there’s going to be a newspaper bailout.
    Last week White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said their would be no bailout for newspapers.
    First comment...

The country can have a "tough and vibrant media" without newspapers. It's called the internet. Oh but wait, conservative views flourish on the internet don't they. Shoot.

In related news...

nappy headed hoe's = bad.
    wishing someone is dead = hilarious.

Sick... Obama Chuckles at Wanda Sykes' Joke About Rush Limbaugh's Death: "I Hope His Kidneys Fail" (Video)

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    Real nice idealistic concept. I guess contries like N. Korea will just hand them over right? No international black market right?

Whenever I call for a UN vote in Civ IV they vote it down and I lose the game.

fsuck the UN

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    Whenever I call for a UN vote in Civ IV they vote it down and I lose the game.

fsuck the UN
    I like playing in Deity mode. The game stacks the odds heavily against you by starting with more settlers warriors and scouts than you do and makes the AIs tougher and more agressive.

But I control the map...and hence the world.

Muhahahahaha!
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Hehe... I thought Civ 4 was a class. It never occurred to me it was a video game.

I'll go back to my corner.

righto then

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Gee wiz is it looking a bit familiar? The standard liberal pattern. Dismantle defense induatry, the military, CIA, NSA and free all the bad guys. Give them a couple of years to re-arm and re-group. By then Obama will be long gone and remembered for his wonderful years in office as was Mr. Clinton.

Then we have another 9/11 or similar event for the incumbant conservative administration to clean up and shoulder all the blame.........

Yeah, Bush has 2 wars which have accomplished nil. Osama is still at large (to our knowledge)and Al Qeada is still at work.
    We had the tools and technology to prevent 911, we didn't prevent 911 because people didn't listen nor do their jobs.
    IMO, The only reason America might be any safer today is now maybe someone will take a hint next time a bunch of guys want to learn how to fly planes, but don't wanna know how to land them.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Well, this one ought to make your day.

President Obama is coming to visit us in AZ to give the commencement adddress at Arizona State University on May 13th.

He is going to speak in front of 70,000 people at about 3pm. Rumors are that people are even illegally scalping tickets to see him.

They are recommending that people start to try and come at least 4 hours before the ceremony.

Oh- the ceremony is supposed to be held at Sun Devil Stadium- an outdoor stadium.

And temperatures is expected to be between 100-105 degress F.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

^^^ How much did you pay for your tickets, you closet liberal Obamaphile?

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    Oh- the ceremony is supposed to be held at Sun Devil Stadium- an outdoor stadium.

And temperatures is expected to be between 100-105 degress F.
    Sounds like there will be more "Obama faintings".
    Brian