Page 6 of 344 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/01/...e.1-414168.php
    The emergence of a former Guantánamo Bay detainee as the deputy leader of Al Qaeda's Yemeni branch has underscored the potential complications in carrying out the executive order that President Barack Obama signed that the detention center be shut down within a year.
    Brian

"this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause"
    Brian

Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

The decision had been eagerly expected by family planning groups, women's health advocates and others, who hoped it would restore millions of dollars of funding to programs providing health care, contraceptive services, HIV prevention and other care around the world.
    I fail to see how putting a "gag rule" on abortion is preventing funding for HIV prevention or contraception.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    I fail to see how putting a "gag rule" on abortion is preventing funding for HIV prevention or contraception.
    if they offered or talked about abortion services no funding for contraception or aids prevention?
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Because if the organizations that were trying to provide information about abortion did provide information about abortion, their funding for other services would be cut.

Glad to see we are getting out of the Stone (Bush) ages.

Quote Originally Posted by ablaca66 View Post
    Black trumps female currently (my twisted view).
    Hardly.

Obama played the Race card (beautifully), the Charisma card, and the "I'm a liberal and am against everything George Bush" Card. Hillary Clinton played the Gender card. Hillary almost won.

The Gender card made Abortion legal (at least if it's the mother that doesn't want to have a child, the man has no choice) and made Rape the only charge in which "my word against yours" is not "reasonable doubt".

The Gender card makes preventing FASD impossible to fix (the only 100% preventable Learning Disability) and makes Breast Cancer a disease curiously more important than statics could justify.

It also makes you misogynist if you are not sufficiently misandric (and that's the only predictable pattern)

While both the gender and race cards create power structures that, as Frank Herbert would say "attract the corruptible", the Gender card is stronger.

Say, twice as strong.

It's just used without regard for the rest of the cards in hand.

What a perfect post ^^

Hardly.

Obama played the Race card (beautifully), the Charisma card, and the "I'm a liberal and am against everything George Bush" Card. Hillary Clinton played the Gender card. Hillary almost won.

The Gender card made Abortion legal (at least if it's the mother that doesn't want to have a child, the man has no choice) and made Rape the only charge in which "my word against yours" is not "reasonable doubt".

The Gender card makes preventing FASD impossible to fix (the only 100% preventable Learning Disability) and makes Breast Cancer a disease curiously more important than statics could justify.

It also makes you misogynist if you are not sufficiently misandric (and that's the only predictable pattern)

While both the gender and race cards create power structures that, as Frank Herbert would say "attract the corruptible", the Gender card is stronger.

Say, twice as strong.

It's just used without regard for the rest of the cards in hand.
    LOL, yep, more Sci-fi for the "corruptible" minds of 2/3's of America to wallow in- I think you have your facts confused- FYI, the brightest minds in America voted Obama in- that being those that want a REAL future- out with the old and in with the new. Why then No McCain?

What can an old fuddy duddy do for the future? Set in place more of the same SH!T we have had for my 45 years of life- I want change, and, obviously, so does most of America.

FEAR change? I don't.

Seems some of you do. And well you should.
    Last edited by alpha_03; 01-23-2009 at 08:05 PM.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    if they offered or talked about abortion services no funding for contraception or aids prevention?

So, there are no organizations that will do that without including abortions? I find that hard to believe. Catholic Family Planning comes to mind. I'm sure there must be others.
    Brian

come on- this is about Obama- NOT abortion.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

Party Time in Washington:

Freed by the U.S., Saudi Becomes a Qaeda Chief

By ROBERT F. WORTH

Published: January 22, 2009

BEIRUT, Lebanon — The emergence of a former Guantánamo Bay detainee as the deputy leader of Al Qaeda’s Yemeni branch has underscored the potential complications in carrying out the executive order President Obama signed Thursday that the detention center be shut down within a year.

The militant, Said Ali al-Shihri, is suspected of involvement in a deadly bombing of the United States Embassy in Yemen’s capital, Sana, in September. He was released to Saudi Arabia in 2007 and passed through a Saudi rehabilitation program for former jihadists before resurfacing with Al Qaeda in Yemen.
    Now if they were all lining a shallow grave in Afghanistan, this kind of thing wouldn't happen. Gitmo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/wo...t/23yemen.html