Page 7 of 344 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: President Obama

Re: President Obama

LOL, Enmore, that was great.

Seriously tho,

Gitmo, people need to eat, Gitmo, people talk amongst themselves....quietly.

Gitmo, hmmm, food and water that you drink, words that are wispered- there is NO escape from the technologies.

Looked at the German news lately?

Think on that.

Perhaps..planed, ....perhaps not.

Uncle Sam is stupid?

Seriously.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_nVidia View Post
    Hardly.

Obama played the Race card (beautifully), the Charisma card, and the "I'm a liberal and am against everything George Bush" Card. Hillary Clinton played the Gender card. Hillary almost won.

The Gender card made Abortion legal (at least if it's the mother that doesn't want to have a child, the man has no choice) and made Rape the only charge in which "my word against yours" is not "reasonable doubt".

The Gender card makes preventing FASD impossible to fix (the only 100% preventable Learning Disability) and makes Breast Cancer a disease curiously more important than statics could justify.

It also makes you misogynist if you are not sufficiently misandric (and that's the only predictable pattern)

While both the gender and race cards create power structures that, as Frank Herbert would say "attract the corruptible", the Gender card is stronger.

Say, twice as strong.

It's just used without regard for the rest of the cards in hand.
    That's an interesting perspective, but I was thinking more along the lines of an african-american (female or male) going head-to-head with a european-american female in consideration for a specific position. The gender card works in it's own ways (some of which you stated) but not in this instance. I must say, for the record, I've never heard of the charisma card, and, as far as being misogynistic, I am an equal opportunity offender.

The Gender card made Abortion legal (at least if it's the mother that doesn't want to have a child, the man has no choice) and made Rape the only charge in which "my word against yours" is not "reasonable doubt".

The Gender card makes preventing FASD impossible to fix (the only 100% preventable Learning Disability) and makes Breast Cancer a disease curiously more important than statics could justify.

It ... makes you misogynist
    Wait a minute...
    There's an awful lot of negative tone in that argument.
    Are you sure you're not a misogynist?

Quote Originally Posted by ablaca66 View Post
    That's an interesting perspective, but I was thinking more along the lines of an african-american (female or male) going head-to-head with a european-american female in consideration for a specific position. The gender card works in it's own ways (some of which you stated) but not in this instance. I must say, for the record, I've never heard of the charisma card, and, as far as being misogynistic, I am an equal opportunity offender.
    I would doubt that, and am curious what examples in real life you can cite. I also assumed that since this was about politicians it was about which card carries greater weight in votes, which is clearly the gender card, imo.

I would doubt that, and am curious what examples in real life you can cite. I also assumed that since this was about politicians it was about which card carries greater weight in votes, which is clearly the gender card, imo.
    The most obvious and recent example would be Clinton v. Obama. To gather evident proof in this case is going to be very time consuming. I'm going to have to get back to you on that one.

The most obvious and recent example would be Clinton v. Obama. To gather evident proof in this case is going to be very time consuming. I'm going to have to get back to you on that one.
    You're not the first to try to prove sexism in this case, which is one of the strongest points indicating the power of the gender card. The fact a woman losing would immediately lead to sexism without any rational basis for claiming that is all the proof we need.

Candidate A grew up all over the world. They are immensely charismatic, calm, and run an excellent campaign. They are the "anti-bush" candidate.

Candidate B was in a distant relationship with someone with experience. They lack charisma, behave erratically, and run a terrible campaign.

How in the world did Candidate B almost beat Candidate A?

Oh yea, because she was a woman. And many of those woman are Misandric, openly (as in they though a woman would do a better job) and so wouldn't vote for a BLACK MAN to say the least. This was despite the fact Obama didn't display any "BLACK MAN" traits, while Hillary demonstrated none of the traits these pigs claim ALL WOMEN posses.

it's not that hillary was a woman. it's just that she seems very sleezy and opportunistic. obama has the whole messiah thing going.
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin NiemŲller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Well, I see that we're back to our old staples of abortion and bigotry. Carry on.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

So in a time of economic turmoil, one of Obama's first moves is to fund foreign abortions? This guy is too much.

In economic times like these if the government wants to fund abortions and AIDs why not limit it to the homeland. If they want to fund foreign countries why not try leaving that to charity. Iím sure with a tax write off included they could meet or surpass their goals.

You're not the first to try to prove sexism in this case, which is one of the strongest points indicating the power of the gender card. The fact a woman losing would immediately lead to sexism without any rational basis for claiming that is all the proof we need.
    I'm not trying to prove sexism. My original point was that I think that Americans are more sympathetic to black injustice than female injustice. I'll try to compile evidence to support that.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    So in a time of economic turmoil, one of Obama's first moves is to fund foreign abortions? This guy is too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    In economic times like these if the government wants to fund abortions and AIDs why not limit it to the homeland. If they want to fund foreign countries why not try leaving that to charity. Iím sure with a tax write off included they could meet or surpass their goals.
    That's really an asinine way of interpreting things.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

I'm not trying to prove sexism. My original point was that I think that Americans are more sympathetic to black injustice than female injustice. I'll try to compile evidence to support that.
    I understood exactly what you are trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    Oh yea? How would you interpret it then? Unless I'm reading it wrongly (and I may very well be) it looks to me like the bill funds foreign abortions. To me it doesn't matter anyway, Obama should be looking at ways right now to save money, not the opposite. We already had 8 years of overspending and it didn't turn out very good. It's pretty sad when the US can provide healthcare help to poor people of the world, but not of our own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    How so?