Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Re: The $825B Economic Stimulus Package

Hey Scooter. How is 244/421 60%

188 out of a full compliment of 435 = > 40%

I thought 60% was the magic %
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 01-28-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Hey Scooter. How is 244/421 60%
    Heh.. lemme guess... the MSM is already "rounding up" the talley and making the "bi-partisan support" pitch for their messiah. Despit not a single repug voting for that POS and a few dems voting against. Let the revisionist history begin...

On a more realistic/truthful note...

fiscalreality

President Obama says that "economists from across the political spectrum agree" on the need for massive government spending to stimulate the economy. In fact, many economists disagree. Hundreds of them, including Nobel laureates and other prominent scholars, have signed a statement that the Cato Institute has placed in major newspapers across the United States.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Im trying to do the math

The Bill about doing a redo of the Digital redo was this

The vote was 258 to 168 in favor of changing the date, but under House expedited rules, a 2/3 majority was required for approval. It failed

258 / 426 = 0.605633803
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 01-28-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Im trying to do the math

The Bill about doing a redo of the Digital redo was this

The vote was 258 to 168 in favor of changing the date, but under House expedited rules, a 2/3 majority was required for approval.
    ^^^ I totally missed that the first time around...

Guess I'm still too excited/surprised that the house Repugs actually showed some spine. Wanna take bets on how much gets added to this crap sandwich before the Senate vote to attract a few token RINO votes?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

244/421 =57%

244/421 =57%
    House Republicans: No Delay on Digital Switch

-The Gipper

fox is saying 244-188

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...se-vote-today/

so that should be 432... but it still doesn't make 66%. was it vetoed or something?
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    One of my local stations came out with a statement saying they were going to cut off their analog no matter how the vote came out as it was too expensive to keep broadcasting both ways. I guess the electricity costs are very high and it is just a small local station.
    Brian

My mistake above. Freaking Google calculator. Sorry bout that

My mistake above. Freaking Google calculator. Sorry bout that
    Yeah, blame the machine.

I'm hopin' the Republicans keep their backbone (doubt it) just so we can hear Pelosi's new revised definition of bi-partisan.

Google calculator is a pain in the ass. Spacing has to be just right or its wrong output. Or it could be my eyes that have been driving me buggy.

.66 X 432 = 285.12

288 / 432 = 0.666666667

I still dont understand how 244 is a 2/3rds
    pass

I understand now

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll046.xml
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 01-28-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    One of my local stations came out with a statement saying they were going to cut off their analog no matter how the vote came out as it was too expensive to keep broadcasting both ways. I guess the electricity costs are very high and it is just a small local station.
    When analogue is switched off they can up the signal strength of digital transmissions. Where I live they're turning analogue off in May this year.

This is supposed to be a new era of bipartisanship, but this bill was written based on the wish list of every living -- or dead -- Democratic interest group. As Speaker Nancy Pelosi put it, "We won the election. We wrote the bill." So they did. Republicans should let them take all of the credit.

-wsj
    Werd.

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post

LOL, another engineer. Well, that 'splains a lot. An ME by chance?
    EE, actually. However, my job does require that I know my fluid mechanics, hinge moments, you-name-it in electical interface...and many times carry a hard-hat and tool box. I should say I'm more of a kid in a candy box.

Ah yes, jimz. Reminds me of the good ole days when Intel made Pentiums that couldn't divide and Microsoft made calculators that couldn't subtract...