Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: This Will All Be Given Away Free, Shipping Included.!!!!

i would like a hard drive WD1500ADFD
    long day i need sleep to see if this is still real first the taxes came now this.
    sweet.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Eh... pull me outta the list, UB... I had to go to work, so I missed out on the Mobo's I was lookin' at, and I've already got a Video Card. Stupid Job!

This was cool, though... lotsa new crunchers coming onboard, thanks Ryan!

What I would really like is the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD Motherboard as I have a 3500+ that I am not using and the GTX 260 Maxcore I grabbed at Christmas to stick in my Q6600 machine and after having to move a hard drive I found that the board was not install right and I could not get the card to install properly as it couldn't be completely seated in the slot. I then ended up having to put it in my 4400+ machine but that meant changes as well as it blocks 2 of the 4 SATA connections on the MB and since my Burner is a SATA one I had to remove on of my 2 Hard Drive to make it fit. I have an extra case with a PS and extra RAM that is not being used this way I could put the 260 in the new machine and I will grab another 260 and run it as a Dual SLI. It will be a dedicated Boinc Machine, as I will use my Quad Core Machine for everyday activities, and Boinc in the background, and I can continue to run the 4400+ as a Boinc only machine as well. I am currently trying to make up my mind about building a whole new sys. but can't decide what to do yet. The Q6600 machine was an impulse $500 purchase a several months ago and was intended to just give me something fast enough to do video conversions in a decent amount of time, and put off the big purchase while I waited for the price to drop on all the new stuff that just came out, and the 260 was the same sort the thing I saw a very good deal and desperately wanted to get some of those good RAC's I saw coming out of GPUGRID and I would just go use the 260 in an SLI configuration in the future when I sorted things out as to the direction I was going to go with the main rig, i7 or Quad, DDR2 or DDR3. I am leaning toward the Quad DDR2 currently as I don't GAME at all, not since Missie Command and Pac-Man, and a Q9550 or Q9650 overclocked with the CUDA app's will provide more than enough power to do Video conversions. I also have a Intel 830 3 Ghz Dual core socket 775 processor sitting unused in a box that I want to get up and crunching not collecting dust as well so a 775 board would also get used if you end up with one available. One thing is sure I have become very interested increasing my crunching capabilities. I have never had much cash as I have been on a Disability Pension of less than $800 CAN for the past 21 years, but inherited a good sized sum of Money recently which is in a trust despite my being 49 so that I don't lose my benefits but I am dying to spend some of it, just am having a hard time spending a large amount at once as I have always had to build things a piece at a time in the past. Thanks for at least considering me.

Uncle Bob,

the Asrock Intel board will do. That way I can put the boinc machine in a small case.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    So you can see better what's still available and what's 'double dipped' on. Red in italics: Not taken at all. Lime Green: one taker. Blue: multiple.

If you are in a multiple and don't really want it, please let me know. We are going to have to figure out a fair way to dole these multi items out fairly and I really don't want to see anyone get their feelings hurt.

Video Cards:

ASUS EN7800GT TOP SILENT/2DHTV/256M: SparX

ASUS EN7950GT/HTDP/512M: Big Red

Motherboards:

Socket 775 (Intel)

GIGABYTE GA-N680SLI-DQ6: Spankin Partier,

ASUS P5B Premium Vista Edition LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard: Modify, Stevea, Big B-man,

ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard: Ned Slider

ASRock ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0 LGA 775 Intel 945GC A2 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Socket 478 (Intel)

ABIT IL-90MV 478 Intel 945GT HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Socket AM2 (AMD)

ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard: MJD1964,

Socket 939 (AMD)

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD Motherboard: intelliboy

ABIT AT8 32X 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard

Hard Drives:

2x WD1500ADFD Raptors (150GB): Stevea, intelliboy, Bloodember, PerfectShot

2x Hitachi HUA721075KLA330 (750GB): MJD1964, Joker, Bloodember
    Understood UB.

Ok, let me see if I can shed some light on things here.

Modify is first in line for the P5B.

If that's the case then I would no longer need the raptor.

If so then it could go to Bloodember, that along with the ASrock motherboard would get 2 machines going instead of 1, that would not have happened if I taken both parts.

Good for Boinc.

I also see that Schizo1988 is looking for a A8N32SLI-Deluxe to run dual GPU's, I was going to sell one to Intelliboy, but he was low on funds, so I was happy to see him grab that one.

Since the P5B is taken I think am going to buy a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P along with the Q9550. Just wish Gigabyte would get away from the crayola color's. If someone has a better motherboard selection than the UD3P I would gladly listen.

I then would have 1 freed up A8N32SLI-Deluxe with a Opty 165 that runs at 2750mhz on water but would run 2500mhz easily on the stock HSF. If Schizo1988 could wait a few weeks that would be available, and with the Opty he could probably run 1 CPU client on one core along with 1 core for the GPU app. While I could not give it away, I might be able to do some kind of Boinc special deal for a another forum member and Boincer.

If interested Shizo, PM me.

I was looking at the
    Socket 478 (Intel)

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/mothe...obile%20Socket

CPU support: http://www.abit.com.tw/test-report/il-90mv.htm?1

Fastest 64 bit CPU search: http://www.google.com/search?q=T7400...ient=firefox-a

Newegg link : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819111301

ABIT IL-90MV 478 Intel 945GT HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

But its actually a socket 479 mobile CPU board and all the dual cores I find for it are kinda expensive. Still looking for a cheap 64bit SEE4 dual core for it, and if I find one I could replace my single core XP-M with it.

I think this gives us the most bang for the Boinc buck so to say.
    Last edited by Stevea; 02-07-2009 at 07:27 PM.
    ................. Heat .....................

24/7 speeds
    w/c - * GA-EP45-UD3P - Q9650 - 3737 - 9x415 * ...cpu-z... w/c - GTX260
    w/c - * A8N32-SLI-Dlx - Opty 170 - 2925 - 9x325 * ... cpu-z ... w/c - GTX260
    w/c - * A8N32-SLI-Dlx - Opty 170 - 2826 - 9x314 * ... cpu-z ... a/c - GTX260
    w/c - * A8N32-SLI-Dlx - Opty 165 - 2250 - 9x250 * ... cpu-z ... a/c - GTS250

Wow, well nothing for me but it was nice for Ryan to offer all the stuff to the Frogs.

Are there any Lilly Pads?

Stevea, If this would would allow you to free up a board for Schizo, this is turning out great!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevea View Post
    Ok, let me see if I can shed some light on things here.

I also see that Schizo1988 is looking for a A8N32SLI-Deluxe to run dual GPU's, I was going to sell one to Intelliboy, but he was low on funds, so I was happy to see him grab that one.

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    This is why it's hard to stay away from this Forum...We're all good neighbors and look out for each other. Thanks to Ryan & UncleBob!

Steve...thanks a lot man!

I think this is what I gleaned from the posts below:

So you can see better what's still available and what's 'double dipped' on. Red in italics: Not taken at all. Lime Green: one taker. Blue: multiple.

If you are in a multiple and don't really want it, please let me know. We are going to have to figure out an equitable way to dole these multi items out fairly and I really don't want to see anyone get their feelings hurt.

There are still 2 boards unspoken for. I suggest intelliboy & Schizo1988 see if one of you wouldn't take the other 939 socket board, for instance.

The bidding will close Monday evening PST.

Video Cards:

ASUS EN7800GT TOP SILENT/2DHTV/256M: -=SparX=-

ASUS EN7950GT/HTDP/512M: Big Red

Motherboards:

Socket 775 (Intel)

GIGABYTE GA-N680SLI-DQ6: Spankin Partier,

ASUS P5B Premium Vista Edition LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard: Modify, Big B-man,

ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard: Ned Slider

ASRock ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0 LGA 775 Intel 945GC A2 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard: Bloodember

Socket 479 (Intel)

ABIT IL-90MV 478 Intel 945GT HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard: -=SparX=-

Socket AM2 (AMD)

ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard: MJD1964,

Socket 939 (AMD)

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD Motherboard: intelliboy, Schizo1988

ABIT AT8 32X 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard

Hard Drives:

2x WD1500ADFD Raptors (150GB): intelliboy, Bloodember, PerfectShot, menotyou

2x Hitachi HUA721075KLA330 (750GB): MJD1964, Joker, Bloodember
    Last edited by UncleBob; 02-09-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    I think this is what I gleaned from the posts below:

2x Hitachi HUA721075KLA330 (750GB): MJD1964, Joker, Bloodember[/SIZE]
    I'm not worried UB, So I won't be disappointed as I'll trust whatever decision is made, So I'm not worried about no hdd showing up. I've got bigger fish to fry right now.

I was thinking that the unclaimed boards could perhaps be passed over to the folders but i see they too have one of each in their list.
    IMHO the ABIT IL-90MV would be a nice small htpc/desktop even with a celeron m which can be found very cheaply 2nd hand. a dvb tuner and maybe a wireless card would round out a sweet little system.

If its not too cheeky then i will stick up my hand for it but only if it remains unclaimed as it would take me some time to gather enough parts to get it boinc'n.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JokerCPoC View Post
    I'm not worried UB, So I won't be disappointed as I'll trust whatever decision is made, So I'm not worried about no hdd showing up. I've got bigger fish to fry right now.
    Good, as I was reminded that the drives are to be given with motherboards as a package, to help get new rigs up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by -=SparX=- View Post
    I was thinking that the unclaimed boards could perhaps be passed over to the folders but i see they too have one of each in their list.
    IMHO the ABIT IL-90MV would be a nice small htpc/desktop even with a celeron m which can be found very cheaply 2nd hand. a dvb tuner and maybe a wireless card would round out a sweet little system.

If its not too cheeky then i will stick up my hand for it but only if it remains unclaimed as it would take me some time to gather enough parts to get it boinc'n.

cheers
    You got it, nobody else has expressed an interest.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Bob - may I suggest if no one speaks up for that final motherboard before you close this, that we offer it to the Folders so that they might find a worthy home for it? Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

I can't believe we can't find a good home for that last board

If the Abit AT8 is still there, could I get that? I've been looking for a good 939 replacement board that can crossfire.

Thanks!