Could people take a quick look before I actually take this to the checkout

Hi Everyone;

I have been going nuts trying to make myself purchase a whole new system and one that will mean spending an amount of money that I am not accustomed to spending. I did inherit a reasonably good sized pile of cash this year, but after living on a Government Disability Pension for just over 20 years now, one which has seen my Monthly Check grow from the $708/Month I started on in1988 to the $779/Month I get now, buying big ticket items is just something you almost never get to do, last one was a 53" HDTV in 2001. I've always had more than enough to live on, as I have been fortunate enough to have lived rent free all those years, so I didn't do without much, but saving for anything sizable was impossible. I don't want to make a mistake and end up disappointed with my purchase, so I wanted to run my parts list by the other site members before I commit to it. So if you have any advise as to what may be better choices please feel free to give it to me.

A few months ago when I heard all the Talk about using GPU's to run Boinc Project's and how you could generate really good numbers without having to spend a fortune on a Top of the line Intel Extreme CPU, I became interested in returning to the PC Perspective Frog Boinc Community after a long absence, and after I added a BFG GTX 260 Maxcore to one of my Machines and my Numbers went up dramatically, my interest really took off.

I can't wait to add an i7 920 CPU and Dual GTX 295's and see how that affects my RAC. Below is the System, and I should tell you I am not putting it together myself, it is being built for me, these are just the components I have chosen.

Intel Core i7 920 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 2.66GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366 4.8GT/S

Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 LGA1366 i7 Heatpipe Cooler W/ 2XNH-P12 120MM Fan

ASUS Rampage II Extreme ATX LGA1366 X58 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI CrossFire SLI Motherboard

Corsair XMS3 TR3X6G1333C9 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1333 CL 9-9-9-24 Core i7 Memory Kit

2 X GeForce GTX 295 576MHZ 1792MB GDDR3 1.998GHZ PCI-E Dual DVI-I

Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black EATX Case 6X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PSU USB eSATA 1394 Audio

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3.5IN 500GB SATA2 8.5MS 7200RPM 32MB Cache NCQ Hard Drive OEM

CD & DVD Drives Samsung SH-S223Q/BEBD TruDirect 22X DVD+R/-R Lightscribe DVD Writer Black SATA OEM

and I already purchased an OCZ 1000W Pro-X-Stream Power Supply

Re: Could people take a quick look before I actually take this to the checkout

Looks ok to me. Not sure what the best cpu air cooler is for the i7 but i do know even on water they are hot at full load. I would recommend changing to a different hdd though. There have been a lot of reports of problems with the Seagate 7200.11 drives. my 2c

Unless your going to run a 64 bit OS, you have too much DDR3. For 32 bit 3gb is OK and any more is wasted. If your planing to run GPUGrid on those GTX295's then make sure that they are not setup for SLI.

That's a bucket of money, too!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!