Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Gigabyte motherboard build

I'm running the latest Linux x86 version: 6.4.4 (as of last week)

Apparently now they have 6.4.5 out. But I've been looking around at GPU Grid's website and found out that I need 64-bit Linux.

That really sucks. I don't want to reformat and start to reinstall recompile and reconfigure everything.

I'll try updating to 6.4.5 since its now out. But I doubt that'll fix it.

I don't know if I want to adventure into 64 bit or not. Probably will have to though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    I'm running the latest Linux x86 version: 6.4.4 (as of last week)

Apparently now they have 6.4.5 out. But I've been looking around at GPU Grid's website and found out that I need 64-bit Linux.

That really sucks. I don't want to reformat and start to reinstall recompile and reconfigure everything.

I'll try updating to 6.4.5 since its now out. But I doubt that'll fix it.

I don't know if I want to adventure into 64 bit or not. Probably will have to though.

You can always go dual boot.

As do we have to do, you could also install the 32 bit libs in the 64-bit Linux version to enable you to run 32-bit applications.
    For Linux SMP, we need to install the ia32-libs because the SMP Client exe is still coded in 32-bit, the Core and MPI are 64-bit codes ...

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

There wouldn't be much of a need to run any 32-bit application as on Gentoo everything except for proprietary software is compiled from source. Hence your own compiling settings will determine if you generate 32-bit or 64-bit applications.

Really the only proprietary software I have installed right now are the Nvidia drivers (which offer great 64 bit drivers), and DoomIII. I think I may be able to get a 64-bit version of their engine.

Then its a matter of getting 64 bit Flash...if I want to deal with that devil.

The real question is can I simply convert everything to 64 bit? Hmmmm....