Thread: gosling

gosling

My friend has an old EP-8KHA Rev.2 motherboard, that he wants to upgrade the cpu to the max, what will this board support? Please do not redirect to Epox website, they are completely shutdown.

Re: gosling

Config Guide for 8KHA(+) work your way back through the pages and should get an idea.

AMD Athlon™ XP / Duron Identification

there may be ways to manipulate the multi to get a higher one. i didn't read through many of the pages but something like this may be possible.

yes, shake the dust off the old memories.

this may come in handy. not sure exactly what your going to see or experience.

From those links you had your saying with my Barton core I shouldn't need any modification to overclock the chip. as the (T-Bred,Barton cores)uses 8bit multiplers and the kt7a only supports 4bit multipliers, so it has to remap the 4 bit multipliers for it to work. So the board just doubles over the others Ex.-

8.0X 16X
    8.5X 16.5X
    9.0X 17X
    9.5X 18X
    i had a link that either i haven't yet found or no longer exits. if i find it i'll post it.

ud
    KT7A CPU support. Whats this i hear of above XP2000 processors in it?

ud

uddarts
    Thank you for the quick reply, but I hope the specs you are talking about are the same for the EP-8KHA, as they are for the EP-8KHA+. If my memory serves me right the only difference is, Raid on the + model. And maybe chipset might be different, where one has a KT266 and the other has a KT266A.

hopefully some epox owners will chime in.

i'll look through the tread a little closer and see what i can gather later tonight.

yes a different chipset, manufacture, etc. kind of possible way to get a bit more out of whatever cpu is used.

later then

ud

Quote Originally Posted by gosling View Post
    uddarts
    Thank you for the quick reply, but I hope the specs you are talking about are the same for the EP-8KHA, as they are for the EP-8KHA+. If my memory serves me right the only difference is, Raid on the + model. And maybe chipset might be different, where one has a KT266 and the other has a KT266A.

2 different animals. glad you pointed that out. EP-8KHA via 133a/sdram and EP-8KHA+ via 266a/ddr.

i can only find references to versions 1.1 and 1.3.

ud