how little do you have to make to get food stamps?

i've tried this before but they alway denied me... and i don't want to spend all my time going down there for nothing.

so, how much?
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Re: how little do you have to make to get food stamps?

It depends on several factors, not just how much you make. It also depends on where you live ,wether you are single or married, gross household income, etc. The only way to really know, is to apply.They have recently changed several limits, so even if you didn't qualify before, you might now.
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

Im not really sure. Ive never applied for any kind of gov assistance.

Quick google search turns up this

http://www.aarp.org/money/lowincomeh...oodstamps.html

Income limits: Income is the amount of money you receive each month from a pension, Social Security, and/or work. Until September 30, 2003:

* a single person is limited to $739 of counted income
    * a couple is limited to $995 of counted income

In n.c. 379.00 bring home is too much with a nonworking wife and a 20y old kid living with us. I made 35k a year from 1996 to 2006 and 38.000 in 2007. In 2008 was per. laid off from my diesel mechanic job that i`ve done since 1976 due to rising fuel costs. Going from 550 to 379 week hurt and that will stop in august. I tried to get food stamps with no luck and there are no jobs here with unemployment at 15%+ and rising. I never thought i`d live to see things get so bad and i`m no spring chicken and can`t really move or relocate.
    a7n8x-d2.8.msi 5900 and diamond 7.1 sound using digital out.1g xms 3200c2 mem, liteon dvd burner. Been using ubuntu-no windiz.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get some financial assistance through these hard times.

I know how tough it can be. I will be packing my bags and camping out at parents' by the end of this month to ride out these hard times. I still have a job and I am definitely not living outside my means but I still have to decide on whether to put food on the table or pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by horn4858 View Post
    In n.c. 379.00 bring home is too much with a nonworking wife and a 20y old kid living with us. I made 35k a year from 1996 to 2006 and 38.000 in 2007. In 2008 was per. laid off from my diesel mechanic job that i`ve done since 1976 due to rising fuel costs. Going from 550 to 379 week hurt and that will stop in august. I tried to get food stamps with no luck and there are no jobs here with unemployment at 15%+ and rising. I never thought i`d live to see things get so bad and i`m no spring chicken and can`t really move or relocate.
    did nc offer the unemployment emergency benefits from the government? if so you may get an additional 33 weeks of benefits.

last couple years have been slow going here as well. worked 4 months last year, and nothing so far this year, i'm still on regular unemployment right now, but when that runs out i get an additional 33 weeks of emergency benefits. they've also tacked on an additional 25 dollar benefit each week to my normal unemployment.

my biggest worry is a 3rd year in a row like this, i'm worried that when i have worked it hasn't been enough to continue receiving unemployment a third time. i'm hoping at least for another 3-4 months of work this year, and hat might just be wishfull thinking as well.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

they don't give me food stamps either

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    did nc offer the unemployment emergency benefits from the government? if so you may get an additional 33 weeks of benefits.

last couple years have been slow going here as well. worked 4 months last year, and nothing so far this year, i'm still on regular unemployment right now, but when that runs out i get an additional 33 weeks of emergency benefits. they've also tacked on an additional 25 dollar benefit each week to my normal unemployment.

my biggest worry is a 3rd year in a row like this, i'm worried that when i have worked it hasn't been enough to continue receiving unemployment a third time. i'm hoping at least for another 3-4 months of work this year, and hat might just be wishfull thinking as well.
    go to texas. they're building houses for rich ass people just down the street. $500,000 and up.
    see the light,
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;

Quote Originally Posted by old82 View Post
    go to texas. they're building houses for rich ass people just down the street. $500,000 and up.
    must be little bitty houses for 500k

i've built town homes that were 500k to start and they weren't very big. 500k doesn't go very far around these parts.

it's always hard to explain how the construction industry works for people who don't really know. everyone is always telling me, "oh man, you should move here, they're building a cvs on the corner, it's BOOMING!"

yes yes, there's always work going on somewhere, in fact i can drive around and see a ton of jobs going on, doesn't mean there's work. sad fact is there was a point a very short time ago where they couldn't get enough guys to build these houses or commercial buildings, now there's more than enough carpenters or other trades workers out there, but not enough jobs to keep them all working.

when you go from boom to bust it really puts a lot of guys out of work really fast. that's exactly what has happened with the housing market, especially in my area.

i'm in a fairly decent position right now that i can't complain too much about, so my main hope is i can outlast the majority of the guys laid off right now who will eventually just have to find a new line of work. construction will never pick up to the point that it was a few years ago again, so if i can weather this storm i think i'll be alright for a good while. i'm still pretty young, saving for a house of my own living at home, my parents know what i'm trying to do and they don't mind me sticking around a bit longer until work is steady again and i can purchase my own place.

i really feel bad for the guys who do have their own homes right now and families to support, i just remember i could be in the boat they're in right now too and am just thankful to be in a much more favorable situation myself.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

yeah. living at home... i wish i could do that. it saves soooo much money. sigh....

still make sure you're developing some new skills while sitting around.

and around here they look like small castles.
    see the light,
    Martin Niemöller:

Quote Originally Posted by old82 View Post
    i've tried this before but they alway denied me... and i don't want to spend all my time going down there for nothing.

so, how much?
    I know in WI we have a site via the county where you can get a guesamate on how much. All you need to do is fill out the numbers like rent, income and such like that and it will give you aprox how much you will get.

I know here in WI with what I pay in rent and at that time making 1500/mo put us pretty much over the limit... gl man

FYI they count every bit of it too... and when you can get it with 2 adults and 2 kids... yeah... my comments are better off for the other subforum in this area
    Last edited by watertown28; 04-16-2009 at 08:04 AM.

Today i`m going to work on some atv`s, polaris and suzuki-wow have not had much work in a few weeks. I`m just happyier when busy and not dwelling on the situation. Man-in 53 years never thought i`d see this and i can see why people get depressed, and do wierd things.
    a7n8x-d2.8.msi 5900 and diamond 7.1 sound using digital out.1g xms 3200c2 mem, liteon dvd burner. Been using ubuntu-no windiz.

It's dependence is numerous and indefinite.

I'm sure everyone here has thought of this, but you CAN, in fact, relate everything in life to a sine wave.

Don't mean to get religious, but the Golden God, directs the sine wave; before Genesis it was straight; there was nothing. then he created people, they couldn't keep it straight; and then more and more as time went on, people couldn't keep it straight, but it's been straightening back up more and more since the French tricked the Spanish and British into conquesting the New World.
    It is incumbent upon every generation to pay it's own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted upon would save one-half the wars in the world. ~Thomas Jefferson
    A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. ~ Thomas Jefferson
    Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. ~ Thomas Jefferson
    Truth Is Treason In the Empire Of Lies. ~ Ron Paul

^^^^Cosine is second tho

I would love to say welcome back but ill just say instead
    Last edited by /\/\adGamer; 04-21-2009 at 12:34 PM.