Freeware ISO editor

So, I tried to google a free program that can edit .isos as an archive without extracting them / breaking them as bootable disks and requiring me to rebuild them.

Unfortunately I could not find a freeware program that did this via google - the ones that I found have converted to shareware / spyware.

Anyone know of any?

Edit: This problem has been solved, use 7-zip to take something apart and imgburn to put it back together.
    Last edited by Windrunner; 07-23-2010 at 09:21 PM.
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

Re: Freeware ISO editor

Maybe something here can help you

Code:
    http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=iso+editor

I looked for one a while back, and I had no luck.
    If you're looking to edit Windows Installation CDs your best bet would be nLite. Although it can do much more, you can just select "Bootable ISO" at the selection screen, and arrange the files to your liking before it makes the new ISO.

Other than that you'll have to use an archive utility that supports ISOs to unpack the ISO, and the use a CD burning program like IMGBurn to recompile the ISO.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

Ironically enough I'm trying to make an iso with multiple slipstreamed copies of windows, basically a legitimate version that I can use to reset my computers without hunting for a disk...but got tired of rebuilding the iso every minor edit I made.

I looked through the first 200 results, found no projects with released files. Oh well.
    My heatware

Quote Originally Posted by Windrunner View Post
    Ironically enough I'm trying to make an iso with multiple slipstreamed copies of windows, basically a legitimate version that I can use to reset my computers without hunting for a disk...but got tired of rebuilding the iso every minor edit I made.

I looked through the first 200 results, found no projects with released files. Oh well.
    If that's the case Nlite should work great for you. It's freeware, and allows you to slipstream additional programs like Firefox. And it even allows you to make unattended installs with ease.

Granted you wont be able to click on an ISO, and edit the ISO like you would a zip file. But the process doesn't take long on a modern system (anything dual core)
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

This is a great thread:
    The Best, Free Alternatives to Nero CD/DVD Burner
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/the-bes...-cddvd-burner/

7 free burning tools. A number of them are ISO friendly. The feedback conversation is very long and lots of good suggestions. This would be a good place to post your request.

A little unknown fact author of iso buster turned coat on us instead of taking what donations he can get for the software from version 1.0 on he got greedy !!!!

Do not purchase this software while there is a lot of work put in you could easily make out as you build upon it by taking donations and keeping it freeware!

Here is the last freeware version of ISO buster 0.99.9!

http://www.321download.com/LastFreew...Buster0999.zip

Enjoy it pass it around share it everywhere!

Easy answer: Just rebuild it.
    My heatware

Hey I just saw this CD/DVD burning software at giveaway of the day... Says it can edit ISO files. It's usually $30. I don't know how long it'll be available free.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/burnpro/

I've never used it but since it's free (for now) I'm sure it's worth a try. Unless of course it causes your computer to explode...

Edit: Says 14 hours 47 minutes as of 12:13pm 7/23.
    Last edited by Prime2515102; 07-23-2010 at 12:40 PM.
    Heat eBay

Disclaimer: If I post a link it doesn't necessarily mean I endorse or am even familiar with the site. It might just be that I did your work for you and found it on Google. Click at your own risk. Thank you.

Thumbs up Re: Freeware ISO editor

Hi All

If you are looking for a freeware ISO editor try this little puppy. It will create ISO's from Folders as well as Files
    Heres the Link:

http://www.minidvdsoft.com/isocreator/

NJOY!

HiSpy!

* ISOpen (FREE);
    * SecureCD creator(FREE);
    * ISO master (trial period);
    * gBurner (trial period);
    * Poweriso + MagicISO + UltraISO + WinISO (filesize limit - 300mb);
    * ImgBurn (builds iso)