Re: Shutting down Guantanamo Bay

^ Go Troll somewhere else.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis2005 View Post
    I thought Guantanamo Bay didn't exist, isn't it North Korea and Russia who don't respect human rights?
    What are you trying to say? God damnit, some basic writing composition skills would be nice. If you're going to be confrontational with your crazy ideas, cut the vapid, vague, passive agressive •••••••• and say what you mean.

^^^ Heh.. reading up a few posts Lewis2005 seems as if he could be "version" 6 or so.

Bamma continues to free folks from club Gitmo at all our peril.

Shoe bomb inventor praised by Bin Laden among latest Gitmo releases

A legendary Al Qaeda explosives expert, whose invention of the “shoe-bomb” endeared him to Usama bin Laden and who may have known about 9/11 in advance, was freed Thursday from Guantanamo Bay, where he became a “highly prolific” source of information for the U.S. government even as his health spiraled.

Tariq Mahmoud Ahmed al Sawah, a 58-year-old Egyptian who once taught bomb-making to Al Qaeda members and created a special floating mine used to target U.S. ships, as well as the footwear explosive used by failed bomber Richard Reid, has been transferred to Bosnia, according to the Obama administration.

. . .
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

#6 for the master of "The Alter Ego"....
    System Specifications

Ahh, the conspiracy of it all, lol. What "free" "thinking" rocket scientists exist here.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Ahh, the conspiracy of it all, lol. What "free" "thinking" rocket scientists exist here.
    I love the smell of trolling in the morning....
    System Specifications

I'm not sure but I think Lewis2005 needs to get up to speed. Lewis2016 might see where the clear and present danger really exists here and abroad. I mean it's not like there's a lot of human rights in the Middle East and it seems to me human rights are slowly eroding in this country. The prisoners in Gitmo aren't human or humane they gave up their rights when they turned into aggressive rabid dogs.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Why are you still here? Everyone left in TLR knows everything you post is pure bullsh*t from a leftist troll. You have nothing to add to the conversation.. your actions invalidated every past post and make any further posts irrelevant.

You lack the intellectual honesty required to have an adult conversation... shoo troll.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Why are you still here? Everyone left in TLR knows everything you post is pure bullsh*t from a leftist troll. You have nothing to add to any conversation.....your actions invalidated every past post and make any further posts irrelevant.

You lack the intellectual capacity required to have an adult conversation... Buzz Off Troll.
    Corrections made as applicable.
    System Specifications

Club Gitmo survived the SCOAMF despite his best efforts to let all our enemies who were held there return to their trades... terrorism. Roughly 30% of the scum released go right back to killin infidels. I hope the rest rot there.

-The Gipper

^^^ Just another of his long list of unfulfilled campaign promises. The batch of lies that got the slimeball elected - twice. That little thing called Afghanistan, Syria/Iraq, Iran's nuke's......fix the economy, transparent administration, etc. etc. etc.

The only recent candidate that exceeds Obama's capacity to lie is John Kerry, and Hillary smokes them both hands down.
    Last edited by SteveW; 01-21-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    System Specifications

Speaking of unkept promises. A certain TLR resident who keeps trying to jinn up controversy in regard to Trump reminded me of someone elses "promise". Anyone else remember when a prior president (who I'm led to believe also happened to be black) claimed shutting down GITMO was "part and parcel to regaining our moral stature in the world"??

Well here we are 8+ years later and club GITMO is still open for business... and perhaps looking to take on more members? I think it's a good idea. As much as I like to hear about terrorist a$$holes getting zapped by drones... we don't collect any live intel that way.

White House Preparing Exec Order To Stuff ISIS Detainees In Guantanamo Bay

The White House is finishing an executive order that would instruct the Pentagon to send Islamic State detainees to Guantanamo Bay.

The Obama administration notably refused to send ISIS fighters captured in the fight to the detention facility, but for President Donald Trump, it’s imperative to take high-level radical Islamic terrorists out of the fight, The New York Times reports.

. . .
    Ole Tic-Toc has not posted in this thread for years... guess it was not that important to him at the end of the day. Anyhoo.. with the new news above prepare for the boilerplate leftist smattering of how keeping GITMO open helps the terrorists and such. I'm led to believe they will hate us moar... it will help them to recruit... or some similar nonsense.

-The Gipper

Speaking of unkept promises. A certain TLR resident who keeps trying to jinn up controversy in regard to Trump reminded me of someone elses "promise". Anyone else remember when a prior president (who I'm led to believe also happened to be black) claimed shutting down GITMO was "part and parcel to regaining our moral stature in the world"??

Well here we are 8+ years later and club GITMO is still open for business... and perhaps looking to take on more members? I think it's a good idea. As much as I like to hear about terrorist a$$holes getting zapped by drones... we don't collect any live intel that way.

Ole Tic-Toc has not posted in this thread for years... guess it was not that important to him at the end of the day. Anyhoo.. with the new news above prepare for the boilerplate leftist smattering of how keeping GITMO open helps the terrorists and such. I'm led to believe they will hate us moar... it will help them to recruit... or some similar nonsense.
    I think many ISIS and Al Qaed terrorists look at Club Gitmo as a vacation spot. It's better than death on the battlefield. I don't believe all of them want to die for Allah or 72 promised virgins...
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Better scramble the Sock Puppet.

System Specifications