Netbooks! A few simple questions...

Hello, I have a few simple questions about netbooks.

1: Can you use a full size usb keyboard and mouse with the netbook? Can I turn off the touchpad?

2: With the Intel Atom and the GMA950, can you play old school 3D games [Like the original Counter-Strike] on the N270 (or similar model)

3: Does installing the extra ram void the warrant? What is the appropriate type of RAM to buy? (I am assuming it is smaller than regular DDR2 ram)

4: What is the life expectancy of netbooks?

5: At the airport, when I put it through the xray machine, does it screw anything up?

Thanks!

Re: Netbooks! A few simple questions...

Quote Originally Posted by SammiCurr View Post
    Hello, I have a few simple questions about netbooks.

1: Can you use a full size usb keyboard and mouse with the netbook? Can I turn off the touchpad?

2: With the Intel Atom and the GMA950, can you play old school 3D games [Like the original Counter-Strike] on the N270 (or similar model)

3: Does installing the extra ram void the warrant? What is the appropriate type of RAM to buy? (I am assuming it is smaller than regular DDR2 ram)

4: What is the life expectancy of netbooks?

5: At the airport, when I put it through the xray machine, does it screw anything up?

Thanks!
    1. Yes you can and yes you can.
    2. It is not a good gaming chipset and has a lot of trouble with opengl games especially. However the original counter strike should be fine.
    3. Probably depends on the manufacturer but usually no. notebook style DDR2.
    4. Depends on so many factors. Pretty sure thats unanswerable.
    5. No. Usually at airports they have you remove laptops/netbooks from the bag.