Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Let's talk California

So what's the fix ? Why more taxes of course, and this is just the
    start. >
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...tory?track=rss
    Reporting from Sacramento -- Setting up a contentious partisan showdown, a legislative budget panel approved plans Tuesday to boost oil and tobacco taxes, slash money for schools, eliminate the high school exit exam and reduce the budget for state prisons.

But in completing a budget blueprint to put before the full Legislature next week, the committee pulled back from some of the deepest cuts proposed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to tame California's $24.3-billion deficit.

This should be heartening.
    The panel voted to cut $4.5 billion from public schools, giving districts the option of shortening the school year by five days, rather than the governor's proposed 7 1/2 days, to absorb the loss.

Districts may retain the traditional 180-day school year if they want to cut in other ways. Regardless, California would have one of the shortest school years in the nation.
    Below is a paper a member over at another site found on his
    lawn. The person who did this was from Anaheim..

Now cutting school budgets could be done and should be
    in many cases, but when you see the results of what kids
    are doing in school today, not all of course, but some, it
    has to give ya the shivers..Just what IS being taught in
    schools and why do I get the feelin' the example below
    will end up knocked up at 16 or 17, becoming another
    payee on Ca's infamous welfare roles..?

Oh, boy...
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 06-17-2009 at 01:36 AM.

I don't see how you guys deal with living there. I love visiting California but I couldn't live there.

Supervisors suggest putting unemployed parents to work caring for their own children as part of proposed changes to CalWorks and other state government aid programs.
    This might help unemployment figures... pay people to get through their normal, unemployed lives and call it WORK!!!

That was simple.

Heck, we could eliminate unemployment permanently, by calling unemployment checks paychecks, welfare payments can be earned income and social security can be social improvement employment pay.

I'm a friggin' genius.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6294929.story

^^^ Is anyone surprised that California is broke when a single mother with two children gets paid $21,000 a year?

That's more than what a person would earn at $10.00 an hour if they worked.

good luck all Californians. 6 weeks to implosion.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Is anyone surprised that California is broke when a single mother with two children gets paid $21,000 a year?

That's more than what a person would earn at $10.00 an hour if they worked.
    I'd say she is going to get a pay cut when she finishes school except she will probably still get assistance even when she has a job. She gets more than 21k also when you figure in things like Aid to families with dependent children, free school lunches, food stamps, maybe subsidized housing.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    good luck all Californians. 6 weeks to implosion.

I’m so excited I can hardly wait.

The only good thing that may happen is voter backlash that gets some of these bums out office, Arnie included. Of course that might not happen either the majority of voters in California have to be some of the most uniformed ignorant people in the world.

I can hardly wait.. stock up on rice.. beans and water if you do not have a well on your property. I'm already busy diggin' the hole for the outhouse and expanding our veggie garden.

Oh.. once they stop providing these critical services as I'm led to believe will happen by all the (D)imwit emails I've been getting and union backed commercials I've seen on the tube... I won't be expected to continue to pay my state taxes any more right?

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

The last time I was in California a man in a green suit made me get on a plane at Travis AFB and I ended up in Vietnam. I won't go any further West than Vegas now!
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    The last time I was in California a man in a green suit made me get on a plane at Travis AFB and I ended up in Vietnam. I won't go any further West than Vegas now!
    Heh.. I was stationed at Travis for nearly 6 years as an Aircraft mechanic dude in what was MAC at the time. (Ya.. I know what most of you ground pounder guys stated Motherf*cker Ain't Coming meant ). Saw a lot of troops pass through in that time getting loaded onto FRED and his smaller pal the C-141 headed for destinations overseas.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...oTrjQD98TEECG0

he only thought they needed them...
    Brian

Arnie sends a gift to those of the dark side to step up some. If only they would heed ..
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...oTrjQD98TEECG0
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 06-22-2009 at 02:43 AM.

interesting interview with Paul Rodriguez who I guess owns a farm that is being wiped out by the stupid endangered species act.
    Last edited by bk94si; 06-22-2009 at 05:51 PM.
    Brian

-The Gipper

I'm surprised that they aren't already rated junk.
    Brian