Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Re: Let's talk California

Dang. I'm sorry guys. I can't think of a thing to say that might help.

Cut spending. Cut spending. Cut spending. Cut spending. Cut spending.
    Cut Spending. Cut spending. Cut Spending. Cut Spending. Cut Spending.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    Dang. I'm sorry guys. I can't think of a thing to say that might help.

Cut Spending. Cut spending. Cut Spending. Cut Spending. Cut Spending.

Would you mind sending that bit of good advice:

Here

And here

They don’t seem to pay any attention to residents’ maybe a little outside advice will help.

Maybe you could even give them a tip where to start cutting.

http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/pdf/Budget...maryCharts.pdf

http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/agencies.html
    Last edited by tucker; 06-29-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Grab yer hankies.. check this weeks DNC email.. hot outta my inbox...

Dear xxxxx,

Please join me in thanking Assembly and Senate Democrats for passing a common-sense budget before the fiscal year ends tomorrow.

Late last night, Assembly Democrats passed a spending plan that minimizes the cruel cuts advocated by the governor by raising $2 billion in new revenue. Just a few minutes ago, Senate Democrats followed suit, passing a plan that requires Big Tobacco and Big Oil to share in the state budget sacrifice.

Speaker Karen Bass, President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg and their caucuses should be commended for standing firm against the governor’s Draconian cuts.

In order to pass the plan, legislative leaders structured it to require a majority vote. That’s because Republicans have repeatedly refused to provide the handful of votes necessary to pass the plan with two-thirds support.

Disappointingly, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has vowed to veto the Democrats’ budget plan, preferring to play a game of chicken with the budget. He and Legislative Republicans would rather strip health care from nearly one million children and close 220 state parks than ask corporate special interests to pay their fair share.

Now, the onus is on the governor and Republican lawmakers to explain to Californians why they would rather drive the state over a cliff than agree to a budget with a mix of cuts and new revenue.

Please, call Governor Schwarzenegger’s office today at (916) 445-2841 or (213) 897-0322. Ask the governor to sign this budget plan, which minimizes the cuts by sharing the sacrifice.

Peace and friendship,

John
    Waaaaaa...
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Arnie! The Taxinator!
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Nice.. anti-new tax conservatives now = terrorists. Perhaps someone should twitter this twit the fact that it was not just the 33bil repugs who shot down their new taxes.

Madam Speaker
    An interview with state Assembly Speaker Karen Bass.

. . .
    How do you think conservative talk radio has affected the Legislature's work?

The Republicans were essentially threatened and terrorized against voting for revenue. Now [some] are facing recalls. They operate under a terrorist threat: "You vote for revenue and your career is over." I don't know why we allow that kind of terrorism to exist. I guess it's about free speech, but it's extremely unfair.

. . .
    Imagine that.. their constituents said if they voted for the new taxes we'd kick the bums out. The gall..
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Karen Bass is a moron.

Heh, another community organizer… Community Organizer = Legalized Larcenist …

Great.. I hope the rest of the country is watching us closely. Bamma is pushing us in the exact same direction on a national level.

California IOUs, here we come

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Sounds like your manager was saved from a terrible investment by prop. 13.

Imagine his dismay had the taxes been raised by the politicians AFTER he moved in, in order to fund their over spending.

Let's face it, if he couldn't afford $8,000 in property taxes, maintaining an $800,000 home is probably outside of his price range.
    $415,000 home now,after the illegals got through with it,most in the area are still around $495-$525k, mine still at $520K,thank you prop 13! Believe me I aint complaining about $4k in property tax.Just the illegals.
    asrock x370 taichi,16g gskill flarex3200 wd250mu 3wdblack 1 tera
    Asrock 990FX FX8120 8G Gskill 2133 2x WD2T 6.0 pc p+c 950w
    Asrock 890FX 1090t 2x4 Gskill 1866 RipJaw WD 1T 6.0 mushkin 850w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 8 Gskill RipJaw 1866 WD1T 6.0 ocz 750 w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 2x4 Gskill Rip Jaw 1600 Ocz evo720
    DFI 790FXB M2RSH PII 955 2x1Gskill 1600 Saph 4670 Ocz Evo 720W
    DFI 790FXM2RS PII 720 2x1gig Gskill 1600 Sapphire HD3400
    DFI Lp ultra D SLI Opti 148@300x10 @33c 1 gig Crucial ballistix 4000

Cow tails...

Video: What California lawmakers are debating while Sacramento burns

We’ve criticized Arnold Schwarzenegger often here for his stewardship of California, and for good reason, but give the man his due — he’s right about this. While California’s credit dissolves into a puddle of red ink and while the state’s IOUs threaten to bankrupt businesses and kill jobs, what is the state legislature debating? Cow tails. No, Arnold’s not joking:

ormally I give credit to governments for being able to multitask. For instance, I wouldn’t deride California’s legislature for working on other critical issues while taking on the budget at the same time. We have legislatures structured to handle the multitude of responsibilities it has, and normally we expect them to walk and chew gum at the same time.

This, however, captures in a nutshell what exactly ails California. They’re wasting time on trivialities and attempting to solve a problem that doesn’t exist while adding to the one that does. This scene shows them adding even more law-enforcement responsibilities to a state overburdened with them and which can’t pay to enforce the myriad laws they already have. You hear clearly that the scourge of tail-lopping is so small as to be hardly worth the state’s effort, but that doesn’t stop the legislators from passing a law to criminalize the activity.

I’d love to see these people explain why they’re debating cow tails while the state issues IOUs. They’re making the entire state government look like what’s below the cow’s tail, and unfortunately for Californians, not for the first time.

-The Gipper

^^^

That's just incredible! They should be going non-stop to get a budget together. That's an embarrassment.
    Last edited by bk94si; 07-03-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post

Fly brained nitwits.

Can you imagine IOU’s from the state of California sheesh I’d rather get paid with Monopoly money…

First IOU in our neighborhood,down the street,a neighbor wanted to know how to get food with it.I told her go to B of A or another bank I think they're
    honoring them cause of the interest.The state informed me that monday the State Consumer Assistance Program would be back up and running paying for for smog repairs, we would NOT be paid in IOUs.Interesting priorities in this state. Global warming before food.
    asrock x370 taichi,16g gskill flarex3200 wd250mu 3wdblack 1 tera
    Asrock 990FX FX8120 8G Gskill 2133 2x WD2T 6.0 pc p+c 950w
    Asrock 890FX 1090t 2x4 Gskill 1866 RipJaw WD 1T 6.0 mushkin 850w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 8 Gskill RipJaw 1866 WD1T 6.0 ocz 750 w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 2x4 Gskill Rip Jaw 1600 Ocz evo720
    DFI 790FXB M2RSH PII 955 2x1Gskill 1600 Saph 4670 Ocz Evo 720W
    DFI 790FXM2RS PII 720 2x1gig Gskill 1600 Sapphire HD3400
    DFI Lp ultra D SLI Opti 148@300x10 @33c 1 gig Crucial ballistix 4000

Global warming before food.
    less people less greenhouse gas....