Will I Be Damging My Memory

I just bought a Kingston Hyper X 4GB PC8500 DDR2 kit I am currently using XP to finish off a project before I go to W7 RC1 64bit anyways the timings are 5-5-5-15 now when I installed them the memory reset to PC6400.

I went into the BIOS set them up via manual and put them to the above but instead of 2.2v I kept them at 2.1v. Tried running Memtest 86 would reboot quit and so I change it too 2.2v and still reboots the PC, I then decided to set the timings to auto at 2.1v again memtest still reboots.

I then put it to 2.2v on auto again reboots I have reburned a new ISO and did all the above again 5secs in just reboots. So I decided to manually set it 5-5-5-15 at 2.1v and run the Microsoft Memory Diag tool I left it for 6hrs to do it's 6 tests and it went through 58 times and passed. I have not had any crashes in XP nor BSOD's and the MMD tool reported no errors so my question will running my memory at 5-5-5-15 at 2.1v damage the modules in the long run.

Thank you for your help in advance.
    Windows XP 32bit SP3 (Moving to Win 7 RC1 64bit Soon)
    AMD Phenom 9550 AM2+ (4x 2.2ghz - Stock)
    Gigabyte GA-MA78G DS3H AM2+ (R1.0 BIOS F4)
    Kingston Hyper-X 4GB PC8500 DDR2 Kit (5-5-5-15 2.1v)
    Some Seagate RMA'd HDD (Upgrading To A SSD For Op Sys, & WD 250GB 7,200rpm SATA-II HDD For Storage)
    PNY 9600GT 512mb GDDR3 PCI-E 2.0
    Samsung SH-S138L DVD-RW
    Active Power 850w Mod PSU

Re: Will I Be Damging My Memory

Typically, there was (used to be) a BIOS setting somewhere that defaults the whole motherboard, not just memory. But motherboards are not all the same. When I got a new board, I would clear the CMOS, then enter the bios, search for "optimized defaults", save them, and then immediately start tweaking before rebooting. Not knowing how that particular board behaves, I can guess that possibly CMOS has no manual reset (unless holding down insert while powering on is the way), and there may not be a way to default the BIOS settings either. But not that it isn't worth looking for.

I have a hard time following your story, but it seems you're running it at a lower speed and lower voltage from what I can tell. It would be impossible to damage memory that way. Since higher out-of-specification voltage and/or higher speed increases heat which remains the only possibly damaging factor. Memory modules just fire a crazy grid of several interweaving timed signals depending on the speed at which the system calls for data. More voltage warms it up. Higher bandwidth fires more signals between clocks which warms it up more. The worst you can do within or under spec at lower voltage is cause data to get lost which makes the system crash. Losing random bits of data because some signals were too weak for the application.

Just my semi-educated opinion.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

All other things being equal, using a lower voltage will almost always be less damaging.

Hi
    Your kingston ram will run fine at 2.1v or 2.2v but preferably 2.1v as the modules will run at a slightly lower temperature.

By the way I assume you know kingston's memory is covered by a lifetime warranty as well just in case they go faulty.