Page 101 of 289 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4335

Re: Obama's "Public" Health Care Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    And its not true that scooter said that Reid said Republicans support slavery. But he did say that comparing opposing the gubberment takeover of our health care and 1/6 of our economy as the very same thing as supporting slavery.Twist it however you want, but Reid was comparing opposition to his healthcare plan to opposing fixing the wrongs of slavery.

Sounds like desperate man who doesn't want to talk about issues.
    Of course you think that. Big surprise that you debate the words of scooter that seemed quite clear to me regarding the asshat concept of saying Reid thinks the GOP supports slavery, and then project this into not wanting to talk about the issues. Reid is there, hashing out compromises. The GOP had a news conference about rage about Reid. So much rage and so little time....

[QUOTE=otoc;4422049]

Newsflash to BO. No one cares about healthcare reform right now. This little thing called the economy MUST be repaired as best as it can before we go off and spend even more money we don't have on another very poorly thought out plan. Maybe the latest pres. approval rating will wake him up to this fact. Lol, worst approval rating of ANY president at this point.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/ba...-approval.aspx
    Last edited by mostholycerebus; 12-08-2009 at 02:22 PM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Newsflash to BO. No one cares about healthcare reform right now. This little thing called the economy MUST be repaired as best as it can before we go off and spend even more money we don't have on another very poorly thought out plan. Maybe the latest pres. approval rating will wake him up to this fact. Lol, worst approval rating of ANY president at this point.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/ba...-approval.aspx
    Now, let's look at the numbers while I give you a chance to rewrite those words keeping in mind with Obama you average less than one year and with other presidents you allow the entire terms.

hardly no one wants health reform. And hardly a substantial change of heart.

Obama is the lowest in approval ratings and he's tanked?

Even with the approval rating history that Bush had, I would not consider his record to be lowest either...

for he had multiple terms to allow an average to be made. He came in on the low average.

I can't tell you how much I respectfully disagree with your opinion.
    Last edited by otoc; 12-08-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: fixed missed word "not" and added low average.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    then you should be happy with the watered down version of this bill due to your seemingly strong denial of compromise. I'm not.

No doubt there is rage. I see it, lol. What is the saying about how rage shuts off the human brains ability to perform basic logic? So I should give a shit for people ranting about grubberment? Sorry. No rage here.

Harry’s rant sure did sound like rage to me and comparable to a small child throwing a temper tantrum when he doesn’t get his way. I guess Harry’s rage means his brain shuts down (assuming he has one) and he loses his ability to perform basic logic. So I could give a shit about Harry ranting about slavery which he obviously did and comparing it to what the opposition is doing which also did.

As a matter of fact it is quite noticeable that most of the democratic party leadership has a definite problem with anger management. Name calling and absurd statements are a few of their favorite tactics. I mean where would the democratic party be if they couldn’t habitually play the race card. That tactic really is such a bore and an admission of weakness in policy and credibility.
    Last edited by tucker; 12-08-2009 at 01:38 PM.

A few anonymous examples of inappropriate personal comments that made their way into this thread:

Its understandable that you don't agree with the rage brewing in people who believe in smaller government rather than a big government takeover.
    What is the saying about how rage shuts off the human brains ability to perform basic logic?
    You are the perfect example of this.
    I think you are a bit sensitive and have a marked ability to not accept other points of view since you brought me up.
    i've deleted the offending posts.

my apologies to the individual and general forum. Perhaps a partial edit so that the other more on topic points might be discussed could be made when you have the time?

My apologies to otoc as well. Be it known though that I never said you were an idiot otoc.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    My apologies to otoc as well. Be it known though that I never said you were an idiot otoc.
    np, never took offense but thanks.

CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey:
    As you may know, the U.S. Senate is considering a bill that would make major changes in the country's health care system. Based on what you have read or heard about that bill, do generally favor it or generally oppose it?

Favor 36%
    Oppose 61%
    No opinion 4%
    Slip, slidin' away...

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/1...eneric-ballot/

Interesting. This thread will be a full six months old on Sunday and if Scooter's original post were posted today, it would almost look like current news.

Granted, the price has gone from some $800 billion to multiple trillions, but the same unsettled arguments remain unsettled and there's still no plan and its still not bi-partisan and the public still doesn't understand any of it well and its still "urgent".

Hey, maybe its time to put the piece[s] of garbage where it belongs. In the trashcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Interesting. This thread will be a full six months old on Sunday and if Scooter's original post were posted today, it would almost look like current news.

Granted, the price has gone from some $800 billion to multiple trillions, but the same unsettled arguments remain unsettled and there's still no plan and its still not bi-partisan and the public still doesn't understand any of it well and its still "urgent".

Hey, maybe its time to put the piece[s] of garbage where it belongs. In the trashcan.
    Yes, and the money spent by the insurance and medical field to achieve this (not counting Fox's contribution) will all be part of your premium raises and medical costs down the road.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

^^^ Chump change compared to what the dolts in Congress wanna force us to spend. Chump change. Counted in millions, not billions, let alone trillions. By a factor of 10,000. But thanks for your concern.

did they pass the senate bill or what?

and are we still paying for it for 5 years before getting it?
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Greta Van Susteren on Obama: He’s a Liar (Video)

Greta Van Susteren played a number of clips tonight from the 2008 campaign where Barack Obama told supporters that he was going to hold his health care talks on CSPAN. Obviously, that never happened. After playing the video Greta looked at Karl Rove and said, “It was a lie.”

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

So how many times is it now that obama has been caught lying through his teeth.

For some reason I'm having trouble seeing thru the transparency he promised.
    Dr. Seuss for 2011:I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care scam. I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books. I do not like when Congress steals, I do not like their secret deals. I do not like ex-speaker Nan, I do not like this 'YES WE CAN'..I do not like this spending spree, I'm smart, I know that nothing's free. I do not like their smug replies, when I complain about their lies. I do not like this kind of hope. I do not like it. Nope, nope, nope!