Page 13 of 289 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Re: Obama's "Public" Health Care Plan

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/healthm...ublic-engages/

On Wednesday night, ABC News broadcast a town hall meeting where President Obama took questions related to his health-reform goals. Topics ranged from concern over whether the government would intervene in costly, sensitive end-of-life treatments to whether a public plan option and health insurance exchange would lead more employers to drop coverage. The public plan option proved surprisingly popular in a poll released last weekend, with 72% of 900 adults saying they supported a government-administered insurance plan that would compete with private insurers for customers, according to a CBS News/New York Times survey. Twenty percent opposed the idea.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

according to a CBS News/New York Times survey. Twenty percent opposed the idea.

Patterico rips the CBS News/New York Times survey's polling data bias to shreds...

http://patterico.com/2009/06/22/the-...for-obamacare/

This is a classic case of careful polling to prove a pre-ordained, albeit totally wrong, conclusion.

News or propaganda? You decide.

Its ashame that marketwatch, with this information being a mouse click away, still propagates the bull dung. Its no different than the 46 million uninsured malarky that continues to be repeated, even though its clearly a bunch of hooey.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 06-29-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Transparency?? Reading sh*t before we vote on it?? Ain't the new era of dopeychange grand?

Pelosi Won't Give Public a Week to Review Text of Health-Care Bill Before House Votes on It

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Transparency?? Reading sh*t before we vote on it?? Ain't the new era of dopeychange grand?

Pelosi Won't Give Public a Week to Review Text of Health-Care Bill Before House Votes on It

Whatever happened to their plan of posting all these things on the internet for us plain folks to read?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Whatever happened to their plan of posting all these things on the internet for us plain folks to read?
    In short, it never even got started, so we can only assume it was never intended to be.

The idea is to say stuff that sounds good at the moment. The next step is to hope the public forgets or to act is if the administration is working on it.

In their defense, its a very difficult task to publish things on the internet.

Looks like Joe Lieberman is against the public option.

He wasn't against it when he was up for election in 2006. Now he says it is a cost we can't afford.

He certainly didn't bat an eyelash at the trillion or so blank check he helped sign for two wars.

I once again suggest that once elected officials are sworn in on the bible, they have taken not only the oath of office but an oath of honesty, and any and all lies are considered perjury and therefore prosecutable.

But then nobody would ever run for office

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    "snip"
    In their defense, its a very difficult task to publish things on the internet.
    I hope that was sarcastic. If they somehow can make a mockery of reading bills by hiring a speed reader to read the bills, they can at least hire a few people that can post stuff on the web

^^^

"Print" or "Send"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Looks like Joe Lieberman is against the public option.

He wasn't against it when he was up for election in 2006. Now he says it is a cost we can't afford.

He certainly didn't bat an eyelash at the trillion or so blank check he helped sign for two wars.

I once again suggest that once elected officials are sworn in on the bible, they have taken not only the oath of office but an oath of honesty, and any and all lies are considered perjury and therefore prosecutable.

But then nobody would ever run for office
    Well.. I'm no proponent for gubberment run health care in case ya have not noticed. But to be fair to Joe.. things looked a hair different for the US financially in 06 than they do today....

And that trillion or so "blank check" for 2 wars. Aside from the stubborn fact that there were few in congress whom voted no for the authorization for either... I thought one of those was supposedly the "right" war. Are we now to believe Afghanistan was a mistake? Just trying to slow those moving goalposts down a hair...
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Well.. I'm no proponent for gubberment run health care in case ya have not noticed. But to be fair to Joe.. things looked a hair different for the US financially in 06 than they do today....

And that trillion or so "blank check" for 2 wars. Aside from the stubborn fact that there were few in congress whom voted no for the authorization for either... I thought one of those was supposedly the "right" war. Are we now to believe Afghanistan was a mistake? Just trying to slow those moving goalposts down a hair...
    All fair points. I just like Mocking Lieberman

Umm, well, this is better, maybe....I think. I don't get the "charging companies fees" thing though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_224509.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    All fair points. I just like Mocking Lieberman

Umm, well, this is better, maybe....I think. I don't get the "charging companies fees" thing though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_224509.html
    ^^
    The first calls for a government-run health insurance option to compete with private coverage plans, an option that has drawn intense opposition from Republicans.
    You simply cannot compete with the gubberment, they can, do and are willing to, operate at a loss forever. The very notion of gubberment competing with private industry is insane. I don't care what their projected costs are.

-The Gipper

Ya.. about that "town hall event" pimping the messiah's "plan". Think the front seaters' in the press core will take up old Gibby's request from yesterday and ask about these obvious plants?

From yesterday, check the video out.

CBS, Helen Thomas Challenge Gibbs On "Controlled" Town Hall Meeting

CBS' Chip Reid and Helen Thomas double teamed Robert Gibbs today at the daily press briefing on the "tightly controlled" town hall meeting President Obama will hold on health care. Gibbs kept saying lets have this discussion AFTER the meeting. Helen Thomas accused the White House of "controlling the press." She said almost all White House/Obama events are "prepackaged." She accused the White House of not "having any answers."
    and today we have:

What a Coincidence!

Buried in the story about Obama's Health-Care forum is this:

The president called randomly on three audience members. All turned out to be members of groups with close ties to his administration: the Service Employees International Union, Health Care for America Now, and Organizing for America, which is a part of the Democratic National Committee. White House officials said that was a coincidence.
    Out of an audience of 200, the president just happens to choose three who are part of organizations working to pass his health care legislation.

Troll extraordinaire palin steele said we should try harder to say nice things about the president. So in that spirit, boy, that Obama's a lucky guy, isn't he?

Hey, remember when a plastic turkey held by a president was worth its own investigative news stories? Those were the days.
    Last edited by AMDScooter; 07-02-2009 at 01:45 PM.

-The Gipper

^^

You simply cannot compete with the gubberment, they can, do and are willing to, operate at a loss forever. The very notion of gubberment competing with private industry is insane. I don't care what their projected costs are.

Health care is VERY different from 'private industry'. I would say it is insane to compare health care with private industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    Health care is VERY different from 'private industry'. I would say it is insane to compare health care with private industry.
    I think the comparison is the part of health care that is private industry with the part that's government run and tax payer funded.

Wrapping it all in the same bag and then calling it different simply avoids the point.