Page 239 of 289 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4335

Re: Obama's "Public" Health Care Plan

Up to now for 30 or more years the now oligarchy has been gaining power, but yet you complain when it bits you. Take a look at my sig what Greenspan said, people have been following the mind set for 30 years and more, now you are caught up in it. For years I have tried to warn people but it has fell on death ears. BTW it is going to get worse, count on it. The oligarchy will end up pushing you out or cutting you deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon_view View Post
    Up to now for 30 or more years the now oligarchy has been gaining power, but yet you complain when it bits you. Take a look at my sig what Greenspan said, people have been following the mind set for 30 years and more, now you are caught up in it. For years I have tried to warn people but it has fell on death ears. BTW it is going to get worse, count on it. The oligarchy will end up pushing you out or cutting you deeper.
    Look, I've seen your movie. There is one thing I understand- If the people don't learn it and change it- who will? You have no other option. You're not going to change it from within- buy your own admission, it owns you. Don't think that you can play their game and win. Our government is proof you can't.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

I will give you an example of medical oligarchy. I don't remember the organization but in the state I live in there is only a limited amount of MRI machines that can operate. I read this some time back and if you know the cost of a MRI scan it is high. Their are open MRIs around but some to most doctors won't send patients to them or the insurance won't cover it because of lack of detail. Lack of detail or whatever I couldn't say. Another reason health insurance goes up is because of more the medical field can do. Look back 30-50 years compared to now. So it isn't just the insurance companies.
    Last edited by falcon_view; 11-17-2014 at 01:55 PM.

here ya go

In California, That MRI Will Cost You $255 — Or $6,221

In lower-back MRIs, we found that for CPT code 72148, insurers paid from $467 to $1,567. But when we looked beyond commercial insurers, we found even greater variation — from a low of $255 to a self-pay price of $6,221 at an academic medical center. That $255 MRI was paid by Medicare, and was just a fraction of the facility's charge of $2,450.

But the variation doesn't stop there. Yet another person went to the same facility and was charged $603 for the same procedure, same CPT code. This patient had commercial insurance but paid the entire amount out of pocket, the patient wrote, since "I had not yet met my deductible."
    bb

Hospitals and doctors play games with Medicare and secondary insurers. Hospitals and doctors always bill way, way more than what they really need/want. $60,000 a month for dialysis Medicare and the secondary pay about a tenth of that amount. Medicare has a set amount they will pay for any given service. They never pay the full set amount the secondary takes care of the remaing amount. With Medicare and a secondary its been my experience most doctors and hospitals don't bill the out of pocket amount. I don't know if that's a law or a gratuity. I get raped on the prescription co-pay part.

I'm sure Obola Care will eventually f*ck up the whole thing. I see a quickly shrinking wallet in the future.
    Last edited by tucker; 11-18-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Quote Originally Posted by baghdad bob View Post
    That's a good catch- and an important one. There's more- there are other clever devices and ideas they can use that wouldn't require the huge clunker that can take your pants off if you have anything iron-based in them. They may not see the light of day because of the "trials" (use your imagination) they have to go through. But because of "status quostandardization" your stuck with X-rays, CT scans and MRIs with a sprinkling of ultrasound methods that have been enshrined by the industry for decades. A free market system would permit the exploration of new technologies without the dead weight of "oligarchy"-driven regulations and allow competition- not the size of one's wallet- to determine the price. If it is advertised like CPUs and hard drives, it becomes a matter of setting the price for whoever walks up or away from it.
    Last edited by Skennar; 11-18-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    That's a good catch- and an important one. There's more- there are other clever devices and ideas they can use that wouldn't require the huge clunker that can take your pants off if you have anything iron-based in them. They may not see the light of day because of the "trials" (use your imagination) they have to go through. But because of "status quostandardization" your stuck with X-rays, CT scans and MRIs with a sprinkling of ultrasound methods that have been enshrined by the industry for decades. A free market system would permit the exploration of new technologies without the dead weight of "oligarchy"-driven regulations and allow competition- not the size of one's wallet- to determine the price. If it is advertised like CPUs and hard drives, it becomes a matter of setting the price for whoever walks up or away from it.
    Amen

The biggest reason my health insurance is so low and went down is because the carrier has negotiated cost of services with our providers where other policies are high and went up those carriers do very little or no negotiating. And yes I can go outside our providers but I would have to pay out of pocket the difference what the policy pays and the provider charges. If the provider charges are less not a problem but if higher, pull out the wallet. I can get healthcare in other countries if the provider is a credited provider, no horse doctors or voodoo clinics.

I came back to add this because I know what some are thinking or will say the list of providers is short with cheapies.

Our list of providers is quite extensive and as an example just one of many surgeons on the list is 3rd in the US doing shoulder replacement which my wife has had both replaced by him.
    Last edited by falcon_view; 11-18-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Maybe Americans are wising up...

link

I think the Gruber effect is devastating, even without the MSM mentioning it.

Didnt even read this, I remember Maheres show today. Guest claimed Obambi care kills jobs? ROFL

I mean Im hearing a lot of things now getting in the loop again but hurt jobs?!?!??!!?

so you like minded trolls are still going on about this i think they fixed the forums cause i finally got notifications love to stay but the circle-jerk over the corpse of the gop is creeping me out lulz.
    Last edited by Maxius; 09-22-2015 at 12:19 AM.
    My Pc
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6ghz
    Memory: 16gb Cosair ddr3 1866
    Hard Drives: 1x 1TB + 100gb muskin ssd cache, 1x 2tb 2 x3 tb
    Video: AMD Radeon R9 290
    Sound: Creative Xfi Fatal1ty Pro
    Lcd: Gateway Black-Silver 24"

Quote Originally Posted by Spyd3r View Post
    Welll when breasts show up the circle jerking stop

Breasts that point things out like when its cold
    At this point you've trolled the forum completely - time to move on or get a life.

Another day, another BO campaign promise broken.

http://news.investors.com/blogs-capi...o-cut-them.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Another day, another BO campaign promise broken.

http://news.investors.com/blogs-capi...o-cut-them.htm
    I'm a believer, my plan from work now sports a $1000 deductible - never had one before Obamacare.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    I'm a believer, my plan from work now sports a $1000 deductible - never had one before Obamacare.
    I used to have my pick of several different HMOs every year, no deductibles. No they all have some sort of deductible except one.

Thank god stoners frying pizza and Ebay entrepreneurs get an HMO now though, that was number one on my list of concerns.

Perhaps you guys should look towards other sources of news that do a better job informing instead of trying to sway opinion.

Seems like ObamaCare is doing what it was designed to do: costs are going up at record lows. What's different in Employer sponsored plans is that Employers are saving money and not passing that savings onto you.

Don't believe me?

Health Costs in Record Slowdown But Do Consumers Notice?

The price of health care has grown more slowly than core consumer prices—what Americans spend on everything except food and energy—over the past five years. It’s the first time that’s happened since record-keeping started in 1959. That’s a remarkable break from decades of health-care prices outpacing inflation, but consumers shouldering a greater share of their medical costs may not notice the difference.

Low health inflation is good news for economists and policymakers concerned with taming the nation’s $2.9 trillion annual medical bill. But price is only one piece of the equation. The other is utilization—how much care we use—which is rising, particularly since more people are getting insurance under Obamacare.

It may not feel like good news to consumers, though. Patients don’t notice the lower prices Medicare pays. And more insurance companies and employers are nudging people toward high-deductible health plans that shift risk onto consumers in exchange for lower premiums. Even if the price of going to the doctor hasn’t gone up much in the past five years, a lot of people are paying a bigger portion of the bill.
    Employees’ Share of Health Insurance Costs Rising
    Health insurance costs have been rising at historically low rates over the last several years. Yet it may not feel that way to consumers.

While premiums — what companies and workers pay to buy health insurance– have been rising slowly, up-front deductibles are going up much faster
    . Those out-of-pocket increases, paid before insurance kicks in, mean patients are responsible for more of the cost when they get care, according to a report on employer-sponsored health plans by the research groups Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research & Educational Trust.

“While it’s absolutely true that we’ve been living in a period of an historic slowdown in healthcare costs, it’s almost invisible to consumers,” Kaiser Foundation Chief Executive Officer Drew Altman said in an interview. “What they pay for health care is going up at a time when their wages are relatively flat.”

Health insurance premiums rose just 3.8 percent this year, with workers paying $1,071 of the average $6,251 cost for individual coverage through their jobs, according to the report. Deductibles, however, climbed about 9 percent, and workers now pay an average of $1,077 a year in up-front medical costs for a single-person plan.

The trend has held over the past half decade. Since 2010, deductibles are up 67 percent, while insurance premiums are up 24 percent. Worker earnings, by contrast, rose just 10 percent over that period, according to Kaiser’s analysis of Bureau of Labor Statistics data.

Not only are deductibles rising, more workers are facing them. The proportion of health plans with a deductible rose to 81 percent last year from 70 percent in 2010.

There are two main reasons for the higher deductibles, and they’re connected. Employers are shifting costs to workers in part to avoid spending more themselves. And when workers have to pay a greater share of medical costs, they tend to use less, helping hold down overall increases.
    The issue isn't who has health insurance, nor that ObamaCare isn't doing what this toned down version was designed to do. Thank your employers and ask for a raise. Their profits are up because they are passing the costs to you while the GOP continues to ignore the facts and call for abolishing instead of improving.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.