Page 3 of 282 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Re: Obama's "Public" Health Care Plan

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    It's ok to change a plan to improve a plan.
    Too bad we're not seeing any improvements. They simply do not want any discussion over the matter at all, thus the secrecy and 1hour ABC infomercial. They wanna ram it down our throats like the ill conceived.. not read.. "stimulus". And frankly, Captain bullsh*t's rhetoric is wearing thin even among those who supported his campaign.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Would prefer more detail about the plan and changes and what is really happening.

Would prefer more detail about the plan and changes and what is really happening.
    Everyone here has been saying that for about 2 years now.

It's ok to change a plan to improve a plan.
    What plan? National Health Care, National Energy policy, Foreign Relations in the ME, the Economy?

Where's the plan? Where's the transpearancy promised?

Let's see now - we've passed some critically important legislation authored by Henry Waxman raising tobacco product taxes and now it's heading toward FDA control of tobacco products.

That outta fix just about everything.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Any plan. So after that, it's doing stuff in the plan or whatever. Plans. lol
    Last edited by 3dfxrain; 06-21-2009 at 07:42 PM.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

So let me get this straight,as the greatest and most prosperous country on this planet we cant give our citizens the basic healthcare they need?

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    So let me get this straight,as the greatest and most prosperous country on this planet we cant give our citizens the basic healthcare they need?
    If you show up at an emergency room and need immediate treatment, you will be treated by law. Same rules apply even for non-citizens whom cost us BILLIONS of $$$ a year for doing just that. What's yer gripe again?

-The Gipper

Money doesn't come out of thin air. What you really mean is you want someone else to pay for YOUR health care.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    If you show up at an emergency room and need immediate treatment, you will be treated by law. Same rules apply even for non-citizens whom cost us BILLIONS of $$$ a year for doing just that. What's yer gripe again?
    And then get hounded my bill collectors is my gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Money doesn't come out of thin air. What you really mean is you want someone else to pay for YOUR health care.
    You dont get it do you?
    I dont want anyone paying for my healthcare.I just want as a human being what im entitled too.

And if it comes out of taxes so be it,I dont mind paying taxes if its for a just cause.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Perhaps the gripe is that if those people were covered by health care (...and treated earlier... a difficult step...) those billions would actually be saved. A working universal health care system can save money (not an easy task and nothing is given though). Illegals worsen the situation (...and make it an even harder puzzle to solve), I agree.

You dont get it do you?
    I dont want anyone paying for my healthcare.I just want as a human being what im entitled too.

And if it comes out of taxes so be it,I dont mind paying taxes if its for a just cause.
    Unless your taxes go up by the same amount of healthcare you use in a year, someone else is paying for you. ENTITLED??? Why are you entitled to someone else paying for YOUR healthcare???
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    Perhaps the gripe is that if those people were covered by health care (...and treated earlier... a difficult step...) those billions would actually be saved. A working universal health care system can save money (not an easy task and nothing is given though). Illegals worsen the situation (...and make it an even harder puzzle to solve), I agree.
    A universal health care plan is only going to save money if the people in charge of that plan ration treatments and make decisions for you.
    "You don't need that MRI, a CT scan is just as good".
    "We don't care if you need that medication. It's too expensive. This one works almost as well."
    "You need a new liver. Okay, we'll put you on the waiting list. We project that one will be available... oh wait, how long to you have to live".
    Brian

They say the problem is the 46 million uninsured.

Its a bogus number.

So its a bogus plan.

Pretty simple.

Hose job.

Wanna save tax money on health care?

We have two gigantic programs that waste money.

Nobody will complain if they start saving money on those.