Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2010

Re: Election 2010

Isn't a good example of government regulation in industry the one where the government dictates that health insurance providers cover certain things on all health insurance plans and to all of the insured, like mental health, pregnancies, drug counseling, and so on, so that the insured can't opt out of what they think they don't need to lower costs... and those same regulations that say you can't buy a health insurance package from out of state, again restricting us from choosing less expensive health insurance that happens to suit our needs just fine?

I'm not sure, but think the word "regulation" is one of those voodoo words that a lot of people misunderstand... thinking its a good thing when in fact its a big arsed government noose around our necks.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    We need to make sure greed isnt the driving force behind our country. Otherwise we are certainly doomed.
    and where the hell do you think the so called politicians got the money to run? this is nothing but power grabbing. Please point to an example of where the gubernment getting involved does not become more of a power grab later on?

I do find it rather funny that you claim deregulation is the cause of this mess... on the other hand... didnt regulation play a big part in it too? I donno... banks being mandated to give loans to subprime people rings a bell

FYI.... Just for hoots.... let me ask you how you would feel if there was someone up there in Wash making rules about how much YOU can make?

Go ahead give the government more power. Before you know it they will regulate how much TP you can use to wipe you behind.

^^^

If only current ceo's had henry fords business philosophy

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.

-Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by watertown28 View Post
    and where the hell do you think the so called politicians got the money to run? this is nothing but power grabbing. Please point to an example of where the gubernment getting involved does not become more of a power grab later on?

I do find it rather funny that you claim deregulation is the cause of this mess... on the other hand... didnt regulation play a big part in it too? I donno... banks being mandated to give loans to subprime people rings a bell

FYI.... Just for hoots.... let me ask you how you would feel if there was someone up there in Wash making rules about how much YOU can make?

Go ahead give the government more power. Before you know it they will regulate how much TP you can use to wipe you behind.
    Perhaps i should use a differnt word then regulation. Basically i dont like business getting "to big to fail" . We do not need to regulate the free market system. Simply keep business at a state level. And controlled by state laws.

And we need to change where the politicians get there money. We need to set laws where politicians cannot receive money from non voters. This should take care of business and bank contributions. If a politician succeeds it should be because of the voters not the special interest groups. Greed is what caused us to get into this situation in the first place. And from what i gather, you just want to let the greedy be greedy and continue us down this path of certain bankruptcy as a nation .

Invictus ^^^ That would be particularly good for GM (government motors). Unfortunately they’ll be an albatross around the neck of the taxpayer for years to come. Government isn’t known for its intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Invictus ^^^ That would be particularly good for GM (government motors). Unfortunately theyíll be an albatross around the neck of the taxpayer for years to come. Government isnít known for its intelligence.
    yeah, like amtrak.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Invictus ^^^ That would be particularly good for GM (government motors). Unfortunately theyíll be an albatross around the neck of the taxpayer for years to come. Government isnít known for its intelligence.
    I agree .

The government doesnt have to be innovative , they can always just take more of our money.

Why are we limited to a two party system ? Has America become
    so lazy that it will just bend over and take it up the keyster as long
    as thet're vid games and a myriad of TV channels ?

http://www.smallgovtimes.com/
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 06-19-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Peter Schiff is running for US Senator in Connecticut. My thought for Chris Dodd: Caveat Emptor .

http://blogs.reuters.com/rolfe-winkl...ng-for-senate/

My hope is that "Washington doesn't change him."
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    Peter Schiff is running for US Senator in Connecticut. My thought for Chris Dodd: Caveat Emptor .

http://blogs.reuters.com/rolfe-winkl...ng-for-senate/

My hope is that "Washington doesn't change him."
    WA changes everyone but lifetime politicians. It's the degree of the change in newcomers that makes a difference.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I'm working on someone here in AZ to go with this message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMNI0i4I3CI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJcMrOpeFWE&NR=1
    Last edited by AeroSim; 09-19-2009 at 10:04 AM.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

I'm working on someone here in AZ to go with this message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMNI0i4I3CI
    jeezuz. What's with all the patriot stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    jeezuz. What's with all the patriot stuff?
    It's a political add (I've added another vid btw), otoc-

The difference is that Schiff is not pulling any punches with his message. The government has to become and prove that it is responsible, understands balancing a checkbook, and have a basic understanding of economics before it tries to sell to me any more policy.

What we have now is clueless corruption who can play all the same patriotism cards as well as anyone else- only they don't have to be there.

William Jennings Bryan.

It's a political add (I've added another vid btw), otoc-
    I'll say it is political. It's pretty insulting with the notion that patriots vote for and support Schiff while I'll guess what the opposite is.

The difference is that Schiff is not pulling any punches with his message. The government has to become and prove that it is responsible, understands balancing a checkbook, and have a basic understanding of economics before it tries to sell to me any more policy.
    I find Schiff pretty negative in his message while any answers he might have are found in his books at $15 a piece. I'm also not keen on the way his investment firm makes money by supporting foreign interests. I'm surprised you are so supportive of him considering your past points. To me, we need to finance US interests so that we can resume expansion.

Considering he is running against Dodd, who has outlived his position, I'll be surprised if Schiff doesn't make it. Then we can see how policies and votes weigh out for reality instead of his criticisms of things done today.

What we have now is clueless corruption who can play all the same patriotism cards as well as anyone else- only they don't have to be there.
    What we have now is a transition point and a lot of politics, including GOP retreads causing a feeding frenzy on Democrats instead of developing their party. I'm all for a balance of power. But not at the point of division and false patriotism in typical PR meaningless spin.

Corruption is not new. Looking at the past, it is getting harder to get away with these days. Even special interest influences are getting harder to hide. In fairness to Congress and the political system, corruption isn't something tolerated if the media can be expected to do their job as the fourth estate. And I don't mean young conservatives posing as pimped ho's only publishing where they succeeded in acorn branch offices.

I'll say it is political. It's pretty insulting with the notion that patriots vote for and support Schiff while I'll guess what the opposite is.
    The bald-faced hypocrisy that goes with that statement.

I find Schiff pretty negative in his message while any answers he might have are found in his books at $15 a piece. I'm also not keen on the way his investment firm makes money by supporting foreign interests. I'm surprised you are so supportive of him considering your past points. To me, we need to finance US interests so that we can resume expansion.
    A book that I can at least use and am already profiting from(2.0 is out btw). While I'm not for trade with China & India, my other foreign investments have by far out-performed my American ones and my metal is doing quite nicely. If you haven't guessed, I'm a long trader.

otoc, how are we going to set an example for the rest of the world if we can't clean our own house. An yes, I'm not on the same page with Schiff, but dammit, it's a start in the right direction. How can we be the only market in the world that can open up for import+ consumer exploitation while exporting inflation and slavery? AND THE DEMOCRATS ARE RIDING THIS PINE. You are NOT getting any change on any arena. You ARE getting lip service and placebos.

Considering he is running against Dodd, who has outlived his position, I'll be surprised if Schiff doesn't make it. Then we can see how policies and votes weigh out for reality instead of his criticisms of things done today.
    Actually, Simmons has a commanding lead and Mahon has a more bottomless wallet + Schiff has decent respect for her. And it's Connecticut- I have enough problems trying to get rid of Kyl and McCain in my own back yard.

What we have now is a transition point and a lot of politics, including GOP retreads causing a feeding frenzy on Democrats instead of developing their party. I'm all for a balance of power. But not at the point of division and false patriotism in typical PR meaningless spin.

Corruption is not new. Looking at the past, it is getting harder to get away with these days. Even special interest influences are getting harder to hide. In fairness to Congress and the political system, corruption isn't something tolerated if the media can be expected to do their job as the fourth estate. And I don't mean young conservatives posing as pimped ho's only publishing where they succeeded in acorn branch offices.
    All the more reason to start listening to people who run contrary to the status quo. Do you think Schiff will bail out another bank/business with our tax dollars? Do you think he will give the Fed more control? Is he going to have a Goldman Sachs treasury? These ARE the status quo we are fighting today.

Look, I didn't agree with MUCH of what Nader said, but he was the ONLY candidate who addressed what I thought was the hottest issue (outsourcing/trade imbalance) of the election while the others were supportive mum, clueless or both. But those were things generated by our status quo that Schiff wants to get rid of AND Schiff is in the FAIR trade camp.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 09-19-2009 at 11:09 AM.

William Jennings Bryan.