Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Is $130 a good price for a used Xbox 360 20GB ?

Indeed!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I recommend a headset for talking and listening to peeps on xbox live. I use one. Also, gold membership. I has dat.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/r...september.html

Were Sony to proceed with a price cut, the console maker's newfound competitiveness may be short lived. Ars Technica's source notes that Microsoft may respond to a PS3 price cut with a SKU jiggering of its own. According to the tipster, Microsoft plans on phasing out the mid-level $299 Xbox 360 Pro in July or August, with the publisher introducing a number of attractive software bundles to help move systems. Once supply has sold through, Microsoft will essentially replace the 60GB Pro with the 120GB Elite model, cutting the price of its top-tier system to $299 in early September, the source said.

Costs the money although I know it's worth it coz xbox stuff is great.

Bought the 360 today with Gears of War 2. Turns out that this is his 3rd 360 over a period of about 5 years replaced twice under warranty for RR issues. He received this console summer 2008 but it was manufactured 8-8-07. I guess all I can hope for is that if it's going to die it do so within the next 12 months so I stand a chance of getting a warranty replacement.

Besides the reliability issue I will that:

XBox 360 + 1080p + Samsung 61" TV = Nice

Console controls are going to take some getting used to that's for sure. Seems much less precise than keyboard+mouse but it's totally new to me so I'm biased I guess. Not sure I'll play enough to get really used to it but I'm sure Buu will.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Do XBox coolers like this one decrease the change of getting the RR problem?

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Do XBox coolers like this one decrease the change of getting the RR problem?
    Not really. While these external coolers (such as those from Nyko and Pelican) have been proven to lower inner temperatures by a few degrees (measured in Fahrenheit), the RROD stems from a design flaw in the board design; basically, you're delaying something that's inevitable. There's also the noise penalty that comes with running any of these coolers (all have been shown to run louder than the stock fan, which runs at 45dB).

A true patriot is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins.
    - Frederick Douglas

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. - President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
    Not really. While these external coolers (such as those from Nyko and Pelican) have been proven to lower inner temperatures by a few degrees (measured in Fahrenheit), the RROD stems from a design flaw in the board design; basically, you're delaying something that's inevitable. There's also the noise penalty that comes with running any of these coolers (all have been shown to run louder than the stock fan, which runs at 45dB).
    Ok thanks. I thought RR was always related to overheating but I guess not.

Is there any place I should be looking for used XBox games besides the usual eBay, Amazon marketplace, etc ?

Game store maybe used games at dem, perhaps.

Some specials at the store. I had a look. I would be interested for more co-op games to play split screen, RE5 is awesome split screen. I wish there were more games like dat. Halo 3 is ok, and the ODST is coming up so if it good enough den ok.
    Last edited by 3dfxrain; 07-05-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256 View Post
    If you plan on having a lot of games AND play a lot of them frequently, then the 20gb of space will be gone - so a 120gb solution would be better. A 20gb is great to start out with.
    Huh?

I have a 20 gb. It's almost gone. Of course, that's because I have 3 game demos installed (that's 4-5 gigs right there), 20 albums (which seem to take up a lot) and Oblivion copied to the hard drive (which doesn't seem to help much with loading times). I have like 25 games. You could survive on 20 gb pretty easily unless you want to make your 360 a multimedia centre and shave a few seconds off game loading times.

Picked up Project Gotham Racing 4 on ebay for $10 shipped today. Still watching for a deal on Halo 3 and Soul Calibur IV.
    Last edited by Lenny; 07-05-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Ooooo PGR4 is one of my favoritest racing games!

Thanks for all the help guys.
    Halo 3 is hard to find cheap on the Fleabay, lol
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Is there any place I should be looking for used XBox games besides the usual eBay, Amazon marketplace, etc ?
    I like to monitor the Video Games Deals forum on Cheap Ass Gamer for the most recent deal postings. Price drops and clearance items can be found at B&M stores (including Best Buy and Target), so if there are specific titles you're waiting to be discounted, chances are you'll find out about them first-hand at CAG; I found out about the $9.99 clearance sale on video games a few months back this way (yes, Soul Calibur IV was part of it )

A true patriot is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins.
    - Frederick Douglas

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. - President Dwight D. Eisenhower