Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Is $130 a good price for a used Xbox 360 20GB ?

Quote Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
    http://www.gogamer.com/

I buy alot of my games here, slow shipping on the cheap shipping, but I dont mind.
    Oh yeah I'm very familiar with GoGamer but thanks anyway.

I'm actually quite surprised that there are deals available for 360 games. I got PGR4 for $10. Halo 3 for $19. A mint wireless controller for $24. I'm on the look out for a deal on Soul Calibur 4 and I'm considering that 3 for $39 deal at Walmart. It's actually $48 after tax and shipping but that's still only $16 per game.

I was just expecting every game to be $50-$60. I guess the new ones are but on the Wii games never seem to drop in price much. Harder to find deals on Wii games.
    Last edited by Lenny; 07-10-2009 at 11:34 AM.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I'm on the look out for a deal on Soul Calibur 4 and I'm considering that 3 for $39 deal at Walmart.
    If you had picked up the 360 earlier this year, one way or another, you would have been alerted to Best Buy's clearance on games, and there was a good chance that you could have secured a copy for ~$10. There were two issues to contend with though: 1) the crowds, and 2) limited availability (some stores had fewer or no 360 copies, when compared with the PS3 version). This could account for the slight premium the 360 version is commanding over the PS3's. I went with the PS3 because it featured Darth Vader as an exclusive, but if the 360 version was available that day at my location, I would have picked it up for my collection.

I was just expecting every game to be $50-$60. I guess the new ones are but on the Wii games never seem to drop in price much. Harder to find deals on Wii games.
    With so many titles competing for limited shelf space, it's not uncommon for console titles to receive discounts, or even tagged for clearance, before their PC counterparts. I know this was the case with GTA IV: when the PC version was priced ~$40 almost everywhere, the PS3 and Xbox 360 version was on sale for $25; I picked up the PS3 version as part of a B2G1F sale which was running that week.

If you live in the Midwest and there's a MEIJER near you, keep an eye out for Super Saturday deals. I've picked up a slew of titles on the cheap this way.

A true patriot is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins.
    - Frederick Douglas

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. - President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Best Buy isn't really an option for me because the nearest one is an hour away unless the deals are also available online.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Best Buy isn't really an option for me because the nearest one is an hour away unless the deals are also available online.
    Items tagged for clearance are unlikely to show up on their website; also, if the quantities on-hand fall below a certain number, when you search for that item on their website, they will show as being unavailable for that location (even though an actual visit to the store will uncover 1-2 copies on the shelf).

Seeing as they ship everything in bubble envelopes, there's less of an incentive to order from their website. Good luck if the item in question is fragile and/or limited edition; it will arrive in a bubble envelope, and there's a strong possibility that the contents will be damaged (I've had it happen to SE/LE video games and DVDs, only to end up returning said item(s) to the store for a refund )

/rant

A true patriot is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins.
    - Frederick Douglas

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. - President Dwight D. Eisenhower

I turned on the 360 tonight and now it won't read any discs. Tried different game and music discs. Tried opening and closing the tray multiple times, powering the console off/on, etc. Listening to the drive after the tray closes I don't hear it spinning up but I don't really recall what it sounded like when it was working. The console works fine otherwise, no red rings, it just won't read a disc. Was working fine the last time I played it this morning.

Disc drive looks like it is failing. I'd keyboard cat it for a lol. So maybe replace it. There's tutorials if found on google. Google is friendly.

Tried various possible fixes from the net to fix the drive but its just not spinning up. Probably just going to give it back, get my money back and buy a new 360. Dell has a $50 off deal - you can get the 60 GB model for $250 + $20 tax = $270. If I use my Visa I'll get an extra year warranty (2 full years total) and the normal 3 year RROD extended warranty. At least then I'll have some peace of mind.

ok, good that you are fixing to have peace of mind, it is worth it, I encourage

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    I don't know about a mouse but we've used a USB keyboard with the 360. No adapter needed.

Yep, I confirm a USB keyboard will operate with the 360

Do you guys think the Dell deal of $250 + $20 tax with free shipping is the best I'm going to find?

Maybe, to be honest, I walk into the store to buy consoles for a deal sometimes, however, if you think or know Dell will deliver properly on it then I ok.

I just ordered the XBox 360 Pro 60 GB from Dell. My next cost will be $259 delivered with a 2 year full warranty and 3 year on RROD.

I may look into purchasing an extended warranty from Visa, need to check on the price. I've used their warranties many times in the past and they have very good service and the up front cost is much cheaper than in-store extended warranties.

Got my fingers crossed that the 360 is a Jasper

would be nice