Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I bought something I may not be able to use.

Today I get an e-mail from Amazon saying they're having a big air tool sale. I've been wanting a decent 3/8 drive impact wrench so I take a look. While there I spot this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

Yes, the price really is $1.53 on sale from $250.00. I don't know if this is a mistake or this place is just dumping inventory but I bought it anyway. So far they haven't sent me an e-mail saying it was a mistake. The thing is though, I'm not even sure what size driver this is. It says 7/16" but I've never heard of this size. The only ones I've heard of are 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", and 1".

I'm thinking this is what my cordless drill is setup like, which means I can simply buy an adapter and use whatever 3/8" or 1/2" sockets I want on it. For $9.00 including shipping (assuming they actually send it to me) I'm not very worried though.

Re: I bought something I may not be able to use.

That is a HEX drive, while most others are square drive. You should be able to find a hex to square drive adapter in the size you need. Lots of industrial tools are made squirrelly like that, to cut down on theft.
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

Thanks BD. For $1.50 I guess I can pick up an adapter. Like I said though, I'll be really surprised if I ever get it.

Wonder if it is just the box or if it even works as the same site seems to list it for 1.53, 5.29, and 216.97 all shipped at 7.50.

Luck!!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Considering it's on the shoplet site for $224.65, I'd hazard it's an error.

Shoplet's logo says "Everything for the office". I wonder what they were thinking ever carrying something like an industrial air tool?

Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    Considering it's on the shoplet site for $224.65, I'd hazard it's an error.
    I'm sure it's an error too, but just a few minutes ago, this came through:

Shipping information has been updated for your order, placed with Shoplet
    on June 30,2009.

==================================================
    SHIPPING DETAILS
    ==================================================

Shoplet included the following items in package 1 of this shipment:

1 of Sioux IW38HAP-7Q 7/16" Industrial Quick Change Hex Impact Wrench

Ship Date: July 1,2009
    Shipping Speed: Standard

Your shipping address:

My card has also been charged too. Very strange place this Shoplet is.

OK, this is an interesting story to say the least. I ordered this wrench on the 30th of June. Amazon said it should arrive no later than July 10th. It never came so I assumed it was a price mistake and I wasn't getting it. I was pretty upset that they charged my card immediately and I'd never heard a thing from them though. I e-mailed them Sunday asking them where the order was and yesterday they gave me a refund. No explanation or correspondence at all, just a refund. I assumed it was a price mistake and that was that.

Today guess what comes in via UPS!? Yes, they sent it. So now I'm sitting here wondering what's going on. I suppose I'll e-mail them once again but I haven't noticed the refund go back on my debit card yet. Maybe I should just wait to see if they do the refund? I'm afraid if I e-mail them it will confuse them even more than they already seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    .............I suppose I'll e-mail them once again but I haven't noticed the refund go back on my debit card yet. Maybe I should just wait to see if they do the refund? I'm afraid if I e-mail them it will confuse them even more than they already seem to be.
    Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing so yes wait to see if it shows up. Then let them know the item arrived and to re-charge your account. Making sure they take the correct amount of course as I found 3 different prices for the darn thing!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Quote Originally Posted by jedihobbit View Post
    Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing so yes wait to see if it shows up. Then let them know the item arrived and to re-charge your account. Making sure they take the correct amount of course as I found 3 different prices for the darn thing!
    I think this is what I'm going to do. Their prices are all over the place for this thing. I guess maybe an office supply store shouldn't be selling industrial grade air impact wrenches?

Lol, this thread is actually on page 1 of Google right now.
    Last edited by kbohip; 07-14-2009 at 08:24 PM.

I would keep a close eye on my account, as this seems like an old bait and switch scam. They could debit your account with a "corrected" price, that being the $250+ You could get your money back, but not whithout going thru a ton of crap.
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

dudes alive!!!

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Ouch at the time that you requested a refund. Hope it works out.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Banaaaaana phone

Last edited by a cat : yesterday at 05-11-2004 at 11:09 AM

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDADDY51 View Post
    I would keep a close eye on my account, as this seems like an old bait and switch scam. They could debit your account with a "corrected" price, that being the $250+ You could get your money back, but not whithout going thru a ton of crap.
    I noticed the impact wrench shipped out of Oklahoma from a warehouse with a different name, when Shoplet is based in New York. My guess is someone will see this mistake soon and be pissed. I know I'm not the only one that got one of these at this price as this thing was in the top 10 tool sales at Amazon the week I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by nub View Post
    Ouch at the time that you requested a refund. Hope it works out.
    I never requested a refund. I just asked them to check the status of my order and they gave me a refund without asking me. A day later it shows up at my door.