Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Egg changes shipping methods again

New egg has changed their shipping methods again and it's even worse? Now DHL picks up the package from the warehouse and takes it to USPS, not UPS. USPS doesn't upload tracking numbers in a timely manner, they never have. Neweggs response " if you don't receive it by 7/9/09 then contact us back and we'll look for it. I kept a copy of the chat. They were in such a hurry to get off the hot seat with my questions the agent just closed the window, I was taking a screenshot just before the window closed. As soon as I get it uploaded I will post it. The thing is they uploaded tracking info two days ago. It is a USPS number not a UPS number. Just checking my email and they sent me a shipping route they now use. It would appear that anything shipped from newegg will pass thru two sets of shippers hand's DHL and USPS (normal postal service) which increases the likelihood of damage upon receipt. Just prepare yourselves. Now if there is a damage claim they can blame two different shippers and take longer to make a claim.
    Last edited by kamikazee; 07-02-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Re: New Egg changes shipping methods again

And the USPS tracking is useless.

Apparently some stuff still ships UPS only. I recently bought a GPS from newegg and it shipped from my favorite NJ warehouse via UPS and arrived the day after I placed the order.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Ah, boo, boo, boo... What are they thinking, fast shipping and excellent tracking info was what had drawn so many to the egg. Only time will tell how the new arrangement will work out, but I'm already expecting it to be not as good as before.

Apparently some stuff still ships UPS only. I recently bought a GPS from newegg and it shipped from my favorite NJ warehouse via UPS and arrived the day after I placed the order.

I did too, but when chatting today the agent said and I quote "with the new eggsaver shipping method, DHL picks up the packages at our warehouse and drops off the package to your local usps hub and they make final delivery"

Once I get it uploaded to my site I'll post the chat log.
    Last edited by kamikazee; 07-02-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee View Post

I did too, but when chatting today the agent said and I quote "with the new eggsaver shipping method, DHL picks up the packages at our warehouse and drops off the package to your local usps hub and they make final delivery"

Once I get it uploaded to my site I'll post the chat log.
    That's the thing, you picked "eggsaver". It isn't meant to replace the UPS option, it's there to save you a bit of money.

my power supply came was delivered by UPS on Thursday though (free shipping on the item)

MSI P7N-SLI
    Intel Q6600 @ stock speed
    4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR2 800
    896MB nVidia GTX260
    OCZ GameXStream 700W
    NEC-3550A BURNER
    12x BTC DVD-ROM
    1TB Seagate SATA HDD

Heat at sup3rcarrx7
    ~Folding 24/7!~

I thought DHL ceasesd US operations late last year? I've had a couple of companies ship stuff to me this way before. It's great... DHL picks up the package and delivers it to my local post office. USPS then delivers it to me 4 days later. But the best part was only getting a tracking number from DHL, which of course only confirmed it was delivered to the post office.

I ordered a set of earbuds for my mp3 player last week. It arrived in a DHL envelope with my regular mail. No issues for me so far.. I have rarely had to use the tracking as packages have always arrived pretty promptly from the egg.

my2c.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    That's the thing, you picked "eggsaver". It isn't meant to replace the UPS option, it's there to save you a bit of money.
    This same topic came up last year and like StillFunky said it's only when you pick eggsaver.

I ordered a video card last Tuesday afternoon from the NJ warehouse (UPS Guaranteed 3 day service) and it arrived 22 hrs later.
    I only got stuck with DHL/USPS one time because I accidentally chose eggsaver.

With this recession we're lucky that NewEgg is still in business.

Bill
    My HTPC

ASRock 970 Extreme3
    AMD FX-4100 w/Coolermaster GeminII S cooler
    M Station HT-1100 HTPC Media Center case
    Antec 480 NeoPower PSU
    Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX
    Gigabyte GV-R467ZL 4670/1GB video card
    Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 500GB SATA hd
    Windows7 Ultimate x64 & Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (partitioned)
    Pioneer DVR-215D SATA DVD burner
    Samsung 40" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV LN40C630

You can teach an old dog; it just takes longer.

Your right, I should have watched closer,

But still I ordered from the egg on 6/30/09 and it was just picked up 7/6/09 and processed by DHL yesterday. It finally showed up today. It's still in Hebron, KY where it's been since pick-up

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Bill View Post
    With this recession we're lucky that NewEgg is still in business.

Bill
    From what ive heard newegg has actually been doing better than ever in this economy.

I just wish they would let me collect from the NJ warehouse!
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

I don't use newegg for anything breakable in shipping. A rumor I've heard and don't care to confirm is that UPS has/did have a license agreement clause saying 'all packages will be subjected to a six foot drop'.

I've watched the UPS delivery guy throw a box marked fragile from 8 feet to my porch. I never had a problem with fedex.

For texas and surrounding states, www.directron.com is an AWESOME site. They're a B&M in fort worth that stocks quite a bit of stuff. Don't let their spartan site fool you. I order my hard drives from them exclusively, and my cases / other heavy stuff.
    My heatware

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

I also order a fair bit of stuff from Directron, good service.

I need to start checking out Directron again. It's only 2 days UPS ground from there to here, and no DHL/Post Office BS either.

I just got 35 pounds worth of brake pads and rotors shipped 2 day FedEx from Indiana (Tire Rack) for $28.00. As a rough comparison, I looked into what it would cost to ship a mid tower case to me. Wanna know what the Egg charges to ship a computer case 2 day FedEx to me for? Try $146.32!!!!!! You read that right. Almost $150.00! If I choose UPS 2nd day it drops all the way down to $67.22. UPS "guaranteed" 3 day service is $30.68. $37.00 more to ship 2 day? Why is that the Tire Rack can ship so much cheaper? Not to mention that all Newegg does is slap a shipping label on the box the case came in and out the door it goes. Tire Rack had my rotors and pads in their original boxes inside another box all cushioned in many feet or corrugated cardboard wrap. The best part? It only cost me $6.00 to upgrade from ground to 2nd day air..... on 35 pounds worth of brake pads and cast iron rotors. It reminded me of how good Newegg used to be with shipping.

I just checked how much it would cost me to ship that exact same package to Newegg in California via FedEx using FedEx's standard walk up rates (forget for a minute that with an online account you save another 10%). It would cost me $17.85 to ship that exact same box to Newegg, and this is shipping to a residential address. Newegg says $30.68 for UPS ground. That's almost 50% more. FedEX 2 day? $62.68. This is cheaper than Newegg charges me to ship UPS 2 day. It's also a whopping $83.64 cheaper than what the Egg charges to ship the exact same thing to me via FedEx 2 day. Don't forget I get a discount just for shipping online through FedEx. It's usually around 10% less.

Honestly Newegg, why even bother to offer FedEx as an option anymore? It's obvious to me now that you're forcing UPS on your customers.
    Last edited by kbohip; 07-18-2009 at 02:47 AM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19