Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: New Egg changes shipping methods again

Quote Originally Posted by Windrunner View Post
    I've started buying tech with amazon. Their packages tend to be treated differently even by UPS.
    amazon has damn near everything, usually cheaper, and with amazon prime you get free 2nd day shipping or 4 bucks per item for next day.

they sell so much at such good prices not having prime seems silly to me now! the 70 or 80 bucks a year pays for itself by april.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

update :
    I sent a email to new egg about UPS shipping , even included picks of how I recieved my package , on how it was crushed to the point where the box was poped open, and how UPS taped it up ( and a poor job they did)
    What was their reply , nothing more then a apoligy , gee they could have at least sent some vaseline or Ky jelly . But they did give me a 25 dollor credit so I guess I can afford to buy my own lube next time I use them .
    Thats cool they just lost my business
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

I'd ask them to replace everything that was in the package that had its boxes damaged.

@Brandito, does Prime apply to all accounts to an address or just to a single account anywhere?
    My heatware

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

I'd ask them to replace everything that was in the package that had its boxes damaged.

@Brandito, does Prime apply to all accounts to an address or just to a single account anywhere?
    i think it's up to 4 accounts per address. so yes others in the same household can use it, you just have to invite them.

only downside is items bought in the amazon marketplace usually aren't eligible for prime shipping. luckily amazon sells damn near everything.

i've used the free 2 day shipping to receive items next day, it will usually tell you the day to expect it and depending on where it ships from there's often no need to choose next day.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

tryed that no go , but they did offer to help me file a claim against UPS so as soon as I get my new system built I just part out this lappy I bought from them , should be worth a few hundred selling memory, 17.3 inch screen , cpu, and battery

After seeing this Newegg has lost my business, and now I no longer have a source to get an HT Omega soundcard, should my HT Omega Claro die on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    After seeing this Newegg has lost my business, and now I no longer have a source to get an HT Omega soundcard, should my HT Omega Claro die on me.
    oh new egg is not the only place

http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAkQgggwADgA#p

I am finding that I no longer have any loyality to new egg , I started using amazon, tiger direct just to name a few
    New egg packing sucks so bad these days , I thought I would give them one last chance and ( more so because of the price) I ordered a retail boxed CPU , their packing was so bad , all the put in the box was what seemed like crumples up paper , no peanuts , no buble wrap , and the processor wasjust sitting on the bottom of the box , Chimps could have done a better job at packing a box then new egg .
    Add to that they just dont seem to care how their packages arrive , I tryed emailing them , useless

Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    oh new egg is not the only place

http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAkQgggwADgA#p

I am finding that I no longer have any loyality to new egg , I started using amazon, tiger direct just to name a few
    New egg packing sucks so bad these days , I thought I would give them one last chance and ( more so because of the price) I ordered a retail boxed CPU , their packing was so bad , all the put in the box was what seemed like crumples up paper , no peanuts , no buble wrap , and the processor wasjust sitting on the bottom of the box , Chimps could have done a better job at packing a box then new egg .
    Add to that they just dont seem to care how their packages arrive , I tryed emailing them , useless
    I'm not totally skunked, NCIXUS has HT Omega soundcards. As for cpu's from Newegg, you shouldn't really be surprised, as they were involved in the scandal where they sent counterfeit cpu's a number of months ago, and Newegg blamed one of their suplier's, which in my opinion, was bull, as Newegg was just as guilty for sending those cpu's out, and not even bothering to verify until after, it was the discovered the cpu's were fake.

If I need anything, I think I'll end up using Directron in Texas, and NCIXUS.

We should start a "Good Newegg alternatives" thread. I would but I wouldn't know where to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    tryed that no go , but they did offer to help me file a claim against UPS so as soon as I get my new system built I just part out this lappy I bought from them , should be worth a few hundred selling memory, 17.3 inch screen , cpu, and battery
    brothergc,

First and foremost, I apologize for the way your items were delivered.

I am a little confused as to why you're saying we refused to replace the items when you also said we offered to file a claim. The claim gives you the option of either being refunded or receiving replacements.

Please note that a claim does not mean we are placing blame, but it is the avenue in order to have an investigation done and getting you your resolution, which is the most important part.

Without customers (like yourself) providing us with notification on how items are received, we would be none the wiser. We greatly appreciate it when customers bring this to our attention and this is probably part of the reason you were offered compensation.

If I can be of any assistance to you, I welcome you to contact me directly by calling me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or e-mailing me at Joshua.L.Key@newegg.com.
    Sincerely,

Newegg Customer Support
    --"Once You Know, You Newegg."

If you would like to contact us, please visit our Customer Service Page at http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/ContactUs.asp

You may also visit our FAQ section at http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/FAQHome.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Newegg Support View Post
    brothergc,

First and foremost, I apologize for the way your items were delivered.

I am a little confused as to why you're saying we refused to replace the items when you also said we offered to file a claim. The claim gives you the option of either being refunded or receiving replacements.

Please note that a claim does not mean we are placing blame, but it is the avenue in order to have an investigation done and getting you your resolution, which is the most important part.

Without customers (like yourself) providing us with notification on how items are received, we would be none the wiser. We greatly appreciate it when customers bring this to our attention and this is probably part of the reason you were offered compensation.

If I can be of any assistance to you, I welcome you to contact me directly by calling me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or e-mailing me at Joshua.L.Key@newegg.com.
    because of 2 reasons
    First and formost I need a computer and can not be with out one , a claim . assuming it is sucessful, would mean being with out one.
    Second reason is I dought a claim against UPS would have done me much good , so I am in the process of trying to do something with Asus directly.
    if I had it to do all over again I should have refused to accept delivery. Now , if I were to file a claim, that would be just based on my word agaist theirs .
    what New Egg need to understand as a company is when packages arrive beaten , poorly packed , it reflects directly on New Egg . Seems to Me the main drive here as far a shipping and packing has been , save money at all costs . But I have to ask is it worth it when your Rep is at stake ? I tryed emailing customer service , 1st 2 emails was the standard "oh sorry for your inconvencence" 3rd email proved to be much the same and they did not even read all of the email I had to email back and ask them to please reread what I wrote . That tells Me that customer service is just skimming thru these emails and /or just replying with some standard "we are sorry" reply
    So no, I wont bother emailing again , already been their and done that 3 times so what is the point ?

I just received a big order from newegg. Shipped coast to coast via UPS 3-day (not DHL) and actually arrived in only 2 days. Everything was well packaged in bubble wrap as needed and the space filled with peanuts inside the shipping box.

Well done newegg
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Lucky you, my little brother just got a DOA HDD himself. He's built 4 friend's computers and 3/5 orders of memory have been DOA. He also had to RMA one mobo as well. Considering each friend had to do at least one HW RMA, he's not very happy as these weren't paying jobs.
    My heatware

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

Lucky you, my little brother just got a DOA HDD himself. He's built 4 friend's computers and 3/5 orders of memory have been DOA. He also had to RMA one mobo as well. Considering each friend had to do at least one HW RMA, he's not very happy as these weren't paying jobs.
    Well I haven't installed any of the PC parts yet. Doing a new build this weekend. I was just commenting on the effort that went into the packaging.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

I'm pricing out a PC upgrade at the moment and was ready to buy both my RAM and motherboard from Newegg...both had the best price with free shipping on the RAM and $2.99 shipping on the board.

HOWEVER...once both items were in my cart, shipping went up to $8.71 due to *technicalities*.

I found the board elsewhere for a dollar more and free shipping but I suspect that the RAM would get shipped vis DHL/USPS, so its not very likely I will buy it from Newegg at this point.